Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,419,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
If these nut jobs wanta kill the safety net they should start hiring the recipients of that aid. Once they have hired everyone there would NOT be any need for that net.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:"If these nut jobs wanta kill the safety net they should start hiring the recipients of that aid."

My legal obligation to do so is....??? (and I am not a nutjob, just a realist)
I only hire the best. If you are ignorant or unskilled or just can't get your act together, you are SOL. What makes the country strong is a powerful workforce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 07:41 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,466,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
I'd honestly just settle for them admitting that they want to take it away because they are cold hearted bastards and don't give a flying f what happens to the poor as long as it means a modest reduction of their taxes.

Works for me.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,069,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post

Quote:"If these nut jobs wanta kill the safety net they should start hiring the recipients of that aid."

I only hire the best. If you are ignorant or unskilled or just can't get your act together, you are SOL. What makes the country strong is a powerful workforce.
I think what many posters are arguing is that we have to work to improve the conditions of the poor in our country. Even if you weren't directly responsible for some of their issues, your success is is tied to many of their issues.

We're all somewhat responsible for the communities we have created. I can explain how if more detail is needed.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:34 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,050,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
One and the same.

Gotta luv the wingnut double speak... When they employ crony capitalism it is "working a deal" and when the dems do the same thing it is a political on the take.
Again I call BS. It crosses party lines but apparently that's yet another concept you can't seem to grasp.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,050,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I think what many posters are arguing is that we have to work to improve the conditions of the poor in our country. Even if you weren't directly responsible for some of their issues, your success is is tied to many of their issues.

We're all somewhat responsible for the communities we have created. I can explain how if more detail is needed.

I think what many posters are arguing is that they deserve my stuff simply because they exist. I'm an atheist. I don't believe in god-given rights to anything, much less what I've achieved. Their existence is neither my doing nor my responsibility.

What's so laughable is it's generally the liberals who keep screaming about separation of church and state yet the same who keep harping about and trying to enforce by law religious concepts and ideals. Hypocrisy.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:53 AM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,497,207 times
There are programs that are needed but there are also people who abuse the government. My husband and I could go to the church at the corner and get a free lunch every day. No one would ask what our income is, etc. We are senior citizens and because of that we qualify.

I think children are getting free lunches who probably have more money to spare than those that are paying for the free lunches.

Safety nets would work if there were not so many greedy people that do not need them that use them.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
There are programs that are needed but there are also people who abuse the government. My husband and I could go to the church at the corner and get a free lunch every day. No one would ask what our income is, etc. We are senior citizens and because of that we qualify.

I think children are getting free lunches who probably have more money to spare than those that are paying for the free lunches.

Safety nets would work if there were not so many greedy people that do not need them that use them.
What's wrong with senior services?

You think so? Why don't you drop by your local school and ask. BTW, how does one pay for a free lunch.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,970,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
I'd honestly just settle for them admitting that they want to take it away because they are cold hearted bastards and don't give a flying f what happens to the poor as long as it means a modest reduction of their taxes.

This ridiculous song and dance about how taking away welfare programs will actually HELP the poor and make them more self reliant is just so absurd it infuriates me.

I've NEVER had to explain away ANY of my political beliefs with some double talk bs like this. If a person can't even voice the true motivation behind their political beliefs without spinning it and lying about it, then perhaps that tells you a little something about integrity of that idea.
You lose the Constitutional argument.

You lose the crony capitalism argument.

All I've seen about the $2 BILLION DOLLARS lost by 0b0mba on solar companies (who were bundlers for him) are excuses from the lefties.

Imagine the people that could have been helped by that money?

The Chevy Volt is a failure.

Solyndra is a failure.

The entire "stimulus package" was a failure.

Now we have the lefties complaining that our roads and bridges are falling apart!

Isn't that what the "stimulus" was for to begin with?

The only thing it stimulated was 0b0mba's re=election war chest.

It ALL went to unions, both public and private sector.

Prove me wrong.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 AM

20,948 posts, read 18,970,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

Shouldn't the poor work to improve their own situation?

How is my success ties to their failures?

My tax dollars aren't enough?

My tax dollars paid for their educational opportunities, if they didn't take advantage of that opportunity I'm responsible again!?

The poor created their own communities.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:18 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,180,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post

Thanks, you just made the case on why we need a safety net. Sure, you're not under a LEGAL obligation to hire the less capable, nobody is. That is the point, nobody is "OBLIGATED" to hire them, most like you won't. You are only in it for yourself and screw everything that might hinder YOUR success. The old f**k them all but six (pallbearers) mentality.

Good for you, be a greedy prick with no moral compass. Those that have compassion for other will hire as many of your rejects as we can. After that we will defend the safety net from creeps that take but don't give back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies