Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2012, 04:20 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Obama wants to drive private health care costs up , the same way Obama is pushing for higher energy costs.. he wants government healthcare and solar , and wind and green energy to take its place making it so unaffordable that the nation will have to go elsewhere and we will have our bodies owned by Obama government and we will be driving around in golf carts .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 04:27 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"The Factor believes the Sandra Fluke controversy was manufactured to help the Obama administration politically."

Let me tell you O'Reilly... if you believe that, and are actually taking it to heart and promoting the idea, you're a fool. Or, may be, you know better and that includes knowing the sheeple that flock to take your opinion to heart that they are the fools.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Come on, we all knew this was cooked up in the bowels of the WH and it started with George Stephanopolous' question in that debate that had people scratching their heads.

Hmm, so that must mean that Rush Limbaugh is in on this conspiracy.

AND Rush is therefore.....a double secret agent who has been using his disguise as Jabba the Hut to throw off suspicion from his true motive which is to make certain that President Obama is re-elected

Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Come on, we all knew this was cooked up in the bowels of the WH and it started with George Stephanopolous' question in that debate that had people scratching their heads.
You really think that the White House had something to do with Rush attacking Sandra Fluke? No one would even know her name if he hadn't spent three days raking her character over the coals. There is no way the White House could have known that would happen or have set up events so that Rush would go off the deep end over her testimony.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
She had something to say and was pretty self identified as someone interested in the subject. Nobody would have paid too much attention if it wasn't for Rush though. Negative publicity is the only surefire way to get your name out there. I wonder what his game plan was.

O'Reily hasn't exposed anything that we weren't discussing here on CD already!

Old 03-09-2012, 04:35 PM

994 posts, read 724,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
On one side, a female student and self-confessed activist. On the other side, the right-wing smear machine running at maximum power.

And you're still harboring the illusion that if you just drag her name a little bit more through the mud, attack her a little harder, make a few more slurs on her person, fire off a few more lies - that somehow public opinion will turn?

A group of very powerful men are busy bullying a young woman, attacking not just her opinions, but her character - all the while yelling that they've been tricked into doing so. You won't be able to spin that into an honorable thing to do, no matter how hard you try.

The intelligent thing to do would be to simply drop it. Which is why I'm convinced you 'll keep bringing it up, and up, and up.
Oh come off it. She isn't some little girl they picked out of a crowd to abuse.

She's a 30 year old activist who spoke before Congress. That makes her a public figure. She claimed that she needed $3000 for birth control which is a ridiculous amount. Birth control costs $1/day. She also told a sad story about how humiliating it was for a woman to find out at the pharmacy her insurance didn't cover her birth control, which was an absurd bit of hyperbole. That's not exactly a traumatizing event. Her testimony was completely over the top. There are not thousands of women in grinding poverty and tortured anguish at Georgetown University over not getting free contraceptives. Please.

So stop trying to make her into Little Orphan Annie.

I'm not saying she deserved what Limbaugh did, but you're going way off the deep end in the opposite direction. She doesn't deserve this overwrought handwringing either.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
She's a 30 year old activist who spoke before Congress.
She's also a student with a point about insurance policies.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Give it up already. Fluke's been an activist for more than a decade. Of course she knows and is known by others who support similar causes. Without Limbaugh, she'd now be known by a few more people who watch c-span.
This - exactly.

I guess since there is a segment of our population who thinks that our president is some kind of a Manchurian candidate, it's not too big of a leap to believe there are some who are going to believe that Miss Fluke is some kind of a "plant" - like the White House knew RUSH would fly into a three-day rage over something she would say. LOL

More and more, they're trying to make it "not Rush's fault," like it was some sort of conspiracy.

Whatever happened to the party of "personal responsibility?"

Pathetic.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
How did they know RUSH would go into a three day disgusting rage?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:48 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Treating conditions such as PCOS, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, etc with birth control pills is quite common. Birth control pills ARE hormone pills.
I did not say there weren't, obviously birth control pills contain hormones, but not all pills are the same, and not all hormonal imbalances are treated with them either.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:58 PM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Well, I guess I could apologize for my poor choice of two words. Maybe I should have chosen something other than "vulgar" and "disgusting."

And then I can turn it around by blaming RUSH, for causing me to sink to his level. You know, because it's something I would never have done if it hadn't been for him.

There. Better?
Thank you.

I accept your apology.

See how easy it is.

Why won't the left accept Rush's?

They accept apologies from anyone on the left when (seldom do they apologize) they get caught and apologize?

I think it is safe to say EVERYBODY including RUSH has agreed that he was wrong.

So to the real point of the thread. You don't care where she came from etc.

Do you admit she was a plant for Pelosi and her crowd or do think Pelosi had no idea what she was going to say?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 03-09-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies