Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

I wish she was still running

Quote:
Co-host Amy Holmes then asked: “Congresswoman, are you suggesting that this administration, or a next administration, would actually advocate a one-child policy like Communist China?”

Bachmann responded: whoever the health care dictator, could conceivably make that order, as well.
Bachmann: Birth Control Mandate Might Lead To Scary One-Child Rule

Michele Bachmann: Obama Contraception Mandate Could Lead To Limit On Births Per Family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 12:18 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
ANYONE who believes this, ANYONE who even suggests this, is a moron.

Unfortunately I already saw one person here post it as gospel. I didn't know Bachmann was behind it but obviously...

Old 03-08-2012, 12:19 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,905 times
Michelle Bachmann is an idiot.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

Unfortunately I already saw one person here post it as gospel. I didn't know Bachmann was behind it but obviously...
Any stupid right wing theory or idea you read on here, you can guarantee that it originated with some right wing crackpot, Limbaugh, Beck, Jones, The Blaze, etc..

Morons are not known for their originality.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:23 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Just another day in Republican Crazy™.

I do hope they keep it up.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:32 AM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what your team would have said last year if anyone had suggested that the Obama administration might legally force insurers to provide "free" contraception.

Bachmann did not suggest that Obamacare might be used to legally prevent childbirth. What she did suggest - and I agree with her - is that as a cost saving measure there is nothing to stop the Obama administration from imposing a one or two child rule in terms of insurance coverage.

"We'll pay for the first two: you're on your own after that."

Given the fanatical anti-natalist ideology of this administration, the scenario is totally plausible and probably inevitable if he's re-elected. That could easily mean thousands of children and mothers dying unecessarily.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:35 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post

"We'll pay for the first two: you're on your own after that."
Some people seem to under the impression that the public option passed. I wonder why that is?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Some people seem to under the impression that the public option passed. I wonder why that is?
stupidity or ignorance.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:

Surely a lot of Republicans strongly believe statements like this can only mean more votes taken from Obama.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:28 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's what your team would have said last year if anyone had suggested that the Obama administration might legally force insurers to provide "free" contraception.
Who is "my team"? Obama isn't forcing, it's not his individual decision to make here. It's part of a preventative health care package that includes annual exams and such. PREVENTATIVE being the key word and something everyone in the medical community (and everyone else) has LONG acknowledged is the best defense for preventing undesireable health problems down the road. For women that would include taking charge of reproduction. And it's not FREE, it's part of an insurance product we pay for. There is no sense in paying for something that doesn't cover your biggest health concerns, including pregnancy or prevention of.

Are you really saying you'd have no problems and shut up about the whole issue if there was a $1 copay for BCP or something? Because I doubt it very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies