U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 AM

8,294 posts, read 3,888,272 times

Advertisements

Obamacare has a long list of FREE (no copay) services for men/women/children

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
While everyone is upset at "free" BC there are many more preventative services as well as counseling that are now "free" meaning no more copay.

All your vaccines are FREE too.
FREE screening and counseling for obesity, depression, smoking.
If you want your 10 month old to have their blood pressure tested..it's FREE.
Eye exams for kids are FREE.

It's all FREE.

Preventive Services Covered Under the Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov
An addition to the political con.

There is no such thing as "free". All of these services have to be paid for in some fashion. Guess who pays? The taxpayer (at least those who have not been exempted by Obama).

"It's all FREE"? Bull excrement.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 08:32 AM

1,819 posts, read 869,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That appears to be the insurance company is forced to provide all those services for free. The quest to bankrupt all the insurance companies is coming to fruition. Wait until they are forced to cover folks high risk folks. Free aspirin?

This is the built in death panel. Lines wrapping around the block with hypochondriacs wanting treatment while people with real problems dying waiting to get served.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:36 AM

1,595 posts, read 1,140,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
I thought Obama was going to promote euthanasia? Nevertheless I don't agree with the mandate and many other features of Obamacare

Skinny Puppy,I thought that was what Romney did in Mass. No one can go without Insurance and has to have it like it, afford it or not. Anyone who doesn't pays a penalty? It's financially killing people who can't afford the Insurance and the penalty fees for not being able to afford it in the first place. I heard this from people living in Mass so that's why I think this.

To the thread: I always had to pay for my own birth control unless I went to planned parenthood. A copay should be for everyone. Hell I can't go to physical therapy without paying a copay for each and every session/appt. People who reach their max and no longer have a copay get the boot to the azz fromt he Doctors and physical therapy because they don't like that the patient pays nothing even after going broke paying all the copays. Even people on assistance should have to pay a copay on their own. BTW in my state assistance, state disability and the state itself are going broke from what I hear and it serves this state right considering all the years it paid out to people for their entire lifetime instead of being a means of getting by until they get on their feet again. But noo this stupid State has to go and pay for them until the kids are nearly full grown and then pay again when they use the grandchildren to stay on assistance. Yeah I know some insanely high paying thousands of $$$ for one person to retire didn't help and having far too many branches of government but seriously why did it have to come to this for people to see it. It won't be long until the Insurance Company's are in the same mess.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 03-10-2012 at 08:46 AM..

Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The insurance companies wrote the law, so I don't think that they would be causing their own bankruptcy.

and now the government does.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:02 AM
Status: "From Now On..He Will Be Called Dingle Barry Obola" (set 24 days ago)

22,749 posts, read 10,245,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Investing in preventative medicine? The horror, the horror!!! The Bolsheviks are coming!!!
"Investing" via your wallet for services that you may not use. That's not "investing"....that's forcing you to pay for something via government mandate. You think the insurance companies will just absorb this? Of course not.

You're paying for it either way....so what is there to celebrate?

Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 AM

74,948 posts, read 35,666,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"Investing" via your wallet for services that you may not use. That's not "investing"....that's forcing you to pay for something via government mandate. You think the insurance companies will just absorb this? Of course not.

It seems Americans must be getting more impoverished as times go by if they cannot afford $15 copay to get an annual screening.
Paying $15 once per year is a heck of a lot cheaper than the 20% increase I got in my premiums. I guess I'm paying for my screening as well as someone elses screening now.

That's not "investing" by any means. It's redistribution of money plain and simple.

And it will only get worse as more "features" kick in.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Exactly we are all paying for it. The class that pays the bulk of it will be what's left of the middle class and the slightly under middle class but not understandably the poor and unfortunately the mega rich won't. The retired are on a fixed income and many of them seriously can't afford to pay into it.

In this Country with so many people out of work and coming in from other Countries who don't pay into that will make it nearly impossible for the rest of the working to afford to keep it running for everyone. Remember the Government doesn't pay into it, we the taxable working do.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It seems Americans must be getting more impoverished as times go by if they cannot afford $15 copay to get an annual screening.
Paying $15 once per year is a heck of a lot cheaper than the 20% increase I got in my premiums. I guess I'm paying for my screening as well as someone elses screening now.

That's not "investing" by any means. It's redistribution of money plain and simple.

And it will only get worse as more "features" kick in.

My copay is not per year/annual. It's for every single Dr. visit, therapy session. Example, 3 therapy sessions a week = $45.00 out of pocket for one week. Add that to the premiums which are higher now to pay for everyone not insured.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Exactly we are all paying for it. The class that pays the bulk of it will be what's left of the middle class and the slightly under middle class but not understandably the poor and unfortunately the mega rich won't. The retired are on a fixed income and many of them seriously can't afford to pay into it.

In this Country with so many people out of work and coming in from other Countries who don't pay into that will make it nearly impossible for the rest of the working to afford to keep it running for everyone. Remember the Government doesn't pay into it, we the taxable working do.
And starting January 2013 those making $200K per year will have to pay additional taxes (note the PLURAL there).

Remember all that "tax the rich" and how $200K/year WAS the rich ?
Well those small businesses are the "rich" that everyone wants taxed.
These are not the big corporates/multi-nationals that everyone thought would get taxed..but Joe's Plumbing service who employs 2 or 3 guys and lives in your neighborhood. He's now "rich" enough to pay more taxes on top of his taxes to fund healthcare for all.

Here's a list of taxes and when they kick in:
Americans for Tax Reform :: Obamacare and Taxes: The Final Tab

Old 03-10-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
My copay is not per year/annual. It's for every single Dr. visit, therapy session. Example, 3 therapy sessions a week = $45.00 out of pocket for one week. Add that to the premiums which are higher now to pay for everyone not insured.
But I was talking about those annual screenings..preventative visits.
That's once per year. You can't afford $15 once per year ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies