Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No I didn't need to look. I'm not deflecting either. Free mammograms kicked in last year. I was just commenting that this was not news, that the Affordable Health Care Act was creating provisions for all sorts of preventive services to be made available at no cost to the patient. I'm not really quite sure what you are getting at in your post to me.
mammograms is on that list. I thought to post this because there are many that do not realize this. This IS news to many out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That appears to be the insurance company is forced to provide all those services for free. The quest to bankrupt all the insurance companies is coming to fruition. Wait until they are forced to cover folks high risk folks. Free aspirin?
They really can't see what we are trying to tell them about the attempts to run the insurance companies out. They can't see that that is a back door route to socialized medicine. Maybe they will see that once they manage to re-elect the Head Dictator and he starts doing what he will surely do when he doesn't have to worry about another term.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What ? My son can't afford insurance and is on mine.
Same with most of his friends; they are on their parent's plan. Obamacare lets "kids" be dependents until they are 26.
Well, take him off. Make him buy his own insurance. He's insured isn't he? Someone, perhaps your employer, is paying a premium for him.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
People get insurance for free? Which company? I want to sign up
Wait for a few more Presidential mandates to insurance companies and the withdrawal of the insurance people. Then it will all be free, at least to the 49.5% who get it without paying any income taxes. Open those eyes and look at what is coming.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:10 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,424,138 times
There is no such thing as "free". EVERYTHING has a price

Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
They really can't see what we are trying to tell them about the attempts to run the insurance companies out. They can't see that that is a back door route to socialized medicine. Maybe they will see that once they manage to re-elect the Head Dictator and he starts doing what he will surely do when he doesn't have to worry about another term.
The left has been conditioned by their handlers that government healthcare is the only answer no matter what. Many aren't smart enough to understand what is really going on. Free healthcare is a main plank in their liberal utiopian world. Sadly like everything else they don't understand that nothing is free. Somebody has to pay for it. How has our country become so stupid so fast??

Old 03-09-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
All those younger healthier people? Now who are they and how many are they?? I remember the squeals about all these 40 million uninsured back in the day but many were children and most were already eligible for some state or fed program that they didn't sign up for and a big chunk were illegals. You think 700 bucks from a few million healthy people who didn't sign up for insurance before because they didin't want to will somehow make this pool able to cover everybody?? LOL.

I'll take insurance for $50 Alex.

Q-What swooner thinks paying $50 a month by healthy young folks who didn't pay anything before the healthcare bill was forced down the throats of US taxpayers will fix everything???
All of them think just as you say about what this will cost, in the end.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, take him off. Make him buy his own insurance. He's insured isn't he? Someone, perhaps your employer, is paying a premium for him.
I'm paying the premium under a family plan.
And why should I take him off ? He can't afford insurance with the money he makes.

My premium has gone up 20% for the past 2 years.
The first time it was specifically because of this change to dependents (early obamacare kick in). United Healthcare sent a letter to that effect..they had to expand the pool of money due to expanded coverage.

The second year I got no letter. But I can see now that the "no copay" services have to be paid.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,650,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
mammograms is on that list. I thought to post this because there are many that do not realize this. This IS news to many out there.
You are correct and that is kind of sad. And they vote too.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:20 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
These are the services we get in exchange for our premiums we pay that may otherwise never benefit us if we don't get sick or in an accident. It also PREVENTS problems that cost insurance companies much more. It wasn't Obama that discovered that btw. Preventative health care has been in vogue for quite some time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies