Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 10:34 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times

Advertisements

Visvaldis had this right! Some Conservatives long for the "good ol' days". . . . .and see anything that Liberals deem "progress", as against their interests.
In my opinion, this is a pretty "short sighted" view.
There are, IMO, 2 other "anti-Obama" factions. Those who put their faith into an unregulated free market system, and those who cannot or will not consider anyone "of color", as a legitimate leader of the U.S. I sincerely hope that this last category is the smallest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
You are truly 'nuts' IF you think that I or any truthful person would believe that Wikipedia has ANY type of excellent info to offer .. anyone!

They are, as I type this .. furiously scrubbing and editing their pages!

They don't have the time or Honesty to do anything else!!

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. It is defined by three attitudinal and behavioral clusters which correlate together:
  1. Authoritarian submission — a high degree of submissiveness to the authorities who are perceived to be established and legitimate in the society in which one lives.
So, you say wikipedia is bogus. Probably a Fox News viewer...

Quote:
You also say and I quote: "American" corporations love the slave-wage commie labor force, so Red China is definitely off the RWNJ hate map. You see, RWNJs are excellent followers and will march in lockstep with the directives passed down from the appropriate mouthpiece. Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, take your pick. "

You had better go and look up YOUR Dear Leader's friend Jeffrey Immelt, his company GE and tell me what you find!

You wont have to look far .. I suspect that you have chosen to ignore it but it has been reported .. Everywhere!
Clues: No taxes, Jobs Relocated

THAT, my friend is only ONE of many, many cases of fraud, deceit and downright Criminal Activity being supported by .. You guessed it .. LWNJ'S!

(Got a post up about Your Other Criminal Chicago Thug .. Little Timmy Geitner right now)
I find that granting tax breaks to corporations that outsource is a GOP policy.

Republicans Keep Tax Breaks for Companies Outsourcing Jobs out of US

Quote:
So .. Give it a rest!
As much as you'd like the reality to go away, it won't.

America's in the shape it's in because Bush/Cheney/GOP congress put it there. And RWNJs are furious that Obama hasn't yet cleaned up their mess.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Failed "progressive" policies, you say. Sure, there have been some. Tops on my list is the crazy program of payments to illiterate poverty-stricken women to continue to produce illegitimate children. It's insane and there's absolutely no cogent argument in favor of it.

But consider this: in the past 44 years, Democrats have held the White House for only 15 years. In the past 18 years, Democrats have controlled congress for only 4 of those years. The supreme court is still solidly conservative. That's an impressive run of conservative primacy. And which party's policies have shaped our current condition? Are the "progressives" so powerful that they can simply plow over GOP majorities?
Over the last 52 years the democrats have controlled both houses of congress for 30 years. The republicans have controlled both houses of congress for 4 years. The democrats have had the White house for 24 years, 16 years with control of both houses. The republicans have had the White House for 28 years but with control of both houses for only 4 years. Try the truth sometimes.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Over the last 52 years the democrats have controlled both houses of congress for 30 years. The republicans have controlled both houses of congress for 4 years. The democrats have had the White house for 24 years, 16 years with control of both houses. The republicans have had the White House for 28 years but with control of both houses for only 4 years. Try the truth sometimes.
Generally speaking, conservos find the truth unflattering. But if you insist...

The record of GOP control of the White House and both houses of congress:

1. failed war in Afghanistan

2. failed war in Iraq

3. failed "tax cut and trickle-down" economics resulting in the Great Recession

You aksed for it. I report. You decide.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
and those who cannot or will not consider anyone "of color", as a legitimate leader of the U.S. I sincerely hope that this last category is the smallest.
Weaksauce.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:18 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Generally speaking, conservos find the truth unflattering. But if you insist...

The record of GOP control of the White House and both houses of congress:

1. failed war in Afghanistan

2. failed war in Iraq

3. failed "tax cut and trickle-down" economics resulting in the Great Recession

You aksed for it. I report. You decide.
The democrats overwhelmingly supported both wars. Check the votes. Look at how many jobs were created by private industry after the Reagan tax cuts and then after the Bush tax cuts. What are you talking about?
The liberals have the failed Great Society, Vietnam War, the great recession and stagnation of the 70's, the great stock market crash of 2000 (the dot com bubble crash), The housing crash from their policies of Fannie, Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act. Acceleration of our debt problem under Obama.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:23 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
If the Right wanted America to fail, why wouldn't they simply be cheering Obama on?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
If the Right wanted America to fail, why wouldn't they simply be cheering Obama on?

Yes! You said it. We will surely fail big time under Obama. Damn good point.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:46 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The democrats overwhelmingly supported both wars. Check the votes.
Let's do exactly that...

oh...

Turns out you were "mistaken."

Quote:
Look at how many jobs were created by private industry after the Reagan tax cuts and then after the Bush tax cuts. What are you talking about?
The liberals have the failed Great Society, Vietnam War, the great recession and stagnation of the 70's, the great stock market crash of 2000 (the dot com bubble crash), The housing crash from their policies of Fannie, Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act. Acceleration of our debt problem under Obama.

Could it be possible that this rant was a collection of partisan hyperbole also?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes! You said it. We will surely fail big time under Obama. Damn good point.
As much as you may want me and others to 'fail'...I'm not...nor are those I work around...

So I'm not sure where all this 'failure' stuff is coming from...

Or is it a fictitious forecast...like the 'Turner Diaries'...?

A publication many on the 'right' have built their ideology around...

William Pierce, Turner Diaries and National Alliance -- Extremism in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies