Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I bet Focus on the Family never apologizes or correct their distortions. If they did, there would be too much risk in upsetting their bigoted supporters so much that they would stop sending money.

Good point StillwaterTownie!

Who do you suppose funds the US National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study?

Maybe it's the same lesbian mothers who volunteered for the study and then gave themselves high marks.

"Between 1986 and 1992, 154 prospective lesbian mothers volunteered for a study that was designed to follow planned lesbian families from the index children's conception until they reached adulthood."

"According to their mothers' reports, the 17-year-old daughters and sons of lesbian mothers were rated significantly higher in social, school/academic, and total competence and significantly lower in social problems, rule-breaking, aggressive, and externalizing problem behavior than their age-matched counterparts in Achenbach's normative sample of American youth."

US National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study: Psychological Adjustment of 17-Year-Old Adolescents
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 01:13 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
If that's all it takes for gay-haters to declare gays to be bad parents, then surely these same people must believe that blacks shouldn't be parents either.

Old 03-11-2012, 01:24 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If that's all it takes for gay-haters to declare gays to be bad parents, then surely these same people must believe that blacks shouldn't be parents either.

Still trying to hitch a ride on the Civil Rights Movement?

A lot of blacks spent time in jail and far worse so they could vote and send their kids to school.

Hijacking their efforts in an attempt to normalize gay sex is crass at best.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:49 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Hijacking their efforts in an attempt to normalize gay sex is crass at best.
wow, that just flew over your bigot head.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 AM

475 posts, read 507,710 times
I grew up in a family that had a father and a mother and im gay. So, your argument and this study doesnt prove anything.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:28 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So you are entitled to an opion but FOTF is not?

Another fine example of liberal tolerance.
When you talk as they did in the article, you're going beyond giving your opinion into passing that opinion off as scientific fact. "Studies", "findings", "research". These are words used when you want to make a claim, not merely give an opinion.

Using an elaborate, long-winded article in which they talked as if their "expert" had any credibility to comment on studies conducted by actual experts (you know, people with a Psy.D, an MA in Sociology, Ph.D, M.D., heck even a Sc.D. would work). They threw in scientific words to push an agenda. I'll wait for this "analysis" to be replicated by a neutral, credible party, before I believe any of it. But I really must say, if girls are having more homosexual encounters than heterosexual, there is some good in that. Fewer teen pregnancies? At most, this study shows that education needs to include the risks of being sexually active too young and too casually. And I do believe we'll get there, once some of you stop focusing on gays and start focusing on casual, unprotected sex.

Oh yeah, and those who are against men being gay might wanna leave lesbians alone:

"The NLLFS (National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study) adolescent boys were significantly less likely to have been heterosexually active by the age of 17 thanthe NSFG Cycle 6 boys, but no more likely to have engaged in same-sex sexual contact"

http://www.nllfs.org/images/uploads/...ember-2011.pdf

In other words, the study suggest boys are BETTER OFF raised by lesbian parents

Old 03-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Since you're against homosexuals adopting children, tell us how the law is supposed to confirm someone is a homosexual, if the homosexual refuses to admit to it?
I'd like an answer to that one too.

Old 03-11-2012, 07:20 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post

This is more homosexual nonsense. Just like your studies of grading yourselves.

Oh yes it arouses me alright. It arouses me to go too the toilet and throw my guts up. It is that disgusting. And you people are sick to think any normal man wants anything to do with your lifestyle.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
This is more homosexual nonsense. Just like your studies of grading yourselves.

Oh yes it arouses me alright. It arouses me to go too the toilet and throw my guts up.
That's a win-win for homosexuals right there, I'd say

Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I'd like an answer to that one too.
Maybe there's something similar to a breathalyzer - a "gayalizer?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies