Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 08:16 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,131,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Again how am I "dishonoring" anything?
If you are fighting to legally redefine marriage to involve 2 fathers or 2 mothers... you are dishonoring mothers and fathers by saying that mothers are not really needed - 2 fathers are ok... Or fathers are not really needed - 2 mothers are ok... When that is WRONG.
Children cannot be naturally conceived through 2 men, nor by 2 women.
The only way you were created was through a mother and father - our conception is something we ALL have in common.

Quote:
... All we are asking for is to have the same EQUAL rights as heterosexual couples and get these benefits for homosexual couples.
They already have rights - if they can stay together long enough to write up a contract... both Common Law Marriage & Cohabitation Agreements provide such rights as medical issues you mentioned...

Common-law marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cohabitation agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Kinda like how you hate gay people and use personal attacks against them!
If you reread all of my posts, you will notice I never stated that nor have I personally attacked anyone.
I have simply stated medical & social facts... backed up by statistics from the United States Center for Disease Control, which obtains it's facts from doctors who get their information from the patients themselves.

Speaking of personal attacks!
Learn to debate logically, will you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I agree with the OP and article 100%.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
The evidence confirms what most people have always known intuitively: the adoption of children by same-sex couples is morally and psychologically harmful. I would argue, further, that legally permitting such adoptions amounts to state-sanctioned child abuse and must be stopped.

Family Expert on Studies: Same-Sex Parenting Does Affect Children:

"The U.S. National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study (NLLFS) found that 49 percent of girls raised by lesbian mothers identified as either bi- or lesbian, compared with only 7 percent of girls raised in heterosexual-headed households.

Stanton writes in his analysis that the NLLFS study also found that 'daughters of lesbian mothers were significantly more likely to have had same-sex contact compared with peers from heterosexual-parented homes. Boys in a few studies were more sexually reticent.'

Lesbian-parented girls also have a higher likelihood of having used emergency contraception (35 percent vs. 5 percent), indicating a higher prevalence of careless sexual activity."

I find this very hard to believe. You're either attracted to the same sex or not. It's not something you learn from your parents.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What difference does the source make if the information is provided without commentary?

The California boy, 11, who is undergoing hormone blocking treatment | Mail Online

At age eight, little boys imagine themselves growing up to be all sorts of things. Cowboy is always at the top of this list along with rock star, astronaut, ninja, etc. There's no harm in allowing kids that age to fantasize about becoming something far removed from ordinary life. That is except when playing along with a child's imagination in this manner causes irreversible damage.

Suggestion, especially from an authority figure, is a powerful psychological tool and one an eight-year-old child is ill equipped to deal with. With that in mind, what sort of loon allows a young child to make decisions about delaying puberty and gender reassignment surgery?
This shows the extreme of cognitive distortions associated with the homosexuality agenda.
It's really sad when innocent children suffer most.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Single parents are not crying & lobbying to redefine & legalize marriage to be a single parent.
But we're not talking about same-sex marriage. We're talking about same-sex parenting.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
(BTW, anyone who disagrees with or questions the validity of this study will be labeled a "homophobe" and a "hater.")
Welcome to Homosexuality Logic 101.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Presumably, all these people who are currently same-sex partners in parenthood were raised by straight people, their own parents. What on earth could have happened here?
(Apologies if this was already pointed out).
Yeah, maybe it's one of those "no self" ideas.
Deny how you were naturally created.
Pretend that normal is abnormal & abnormal is normal.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"Two adults" are not privately delaying their own puberty. The lesbian mothers are doing that to someone else.

What goes on in the privacy of one's home doesn't include reading "And Tango Makes Three" to elementary school kids against the wishes of the parents.

NO ONE HAS EVER CARED what two adults do in private, but gays decided to drag their agenda out into the public square.

GAYS DECIDED civil unions (whatever the legal benefits) weren't good enough because it didn't force the rest of us to define our most important and intimate relationship with the same word homosexuals use to define theirs.

GAYS DECIDED keeping what they did in the privacy of their own bedrooms wasn't acceptable as long as liberals were able to use the military as a social engineering petri dish in which silencing opposition is a controllable factor.
Yeah, it's only a problem for society when those demanding society honor their private sex life.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
If you are fighting to legally redefine marriage to involve 2 fathers or 2 mothers... you are dishonoring mothers and fathers by saying that mothers are not really needed - 2 fathers are ok... Or fathers are not really needed - 2 mothers are ok... When that is WRONG.
This is 100% opinion, and 0% fact. You and your ilk are not the custodians of the institution of marriage, no matter how much you wish you were. You don't own the word or the institution. You have every right to your beliefs concerning homosexuality and gender roles, but as society progresses, these roles become more and more obsolete.
Asserting that something is WRONG in all caps doesn't make it so. Same sex couples are raising healthy and happy kids (To your dismay, I'm sure) and I say these stable, loving families are better for society than broken homes and many of the dysfunctional, loveless charades that pass for marriages (Your precious institution) nowadays.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That I will take issue with. I grew up without a mother as she passed when I was very young. Now that I have my own there are many things that the kids get from their mother that I'm not really capable of providing much like my father wasnt' able to provide for us. I have three sisters so lord knows how he managed his way through that minefield. lol. Same with boys and fathers. There is a special bond built both ways IMO that some of these kids will miss out on.
Good points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies