Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:18 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
malice???? womanhood??!?!? I was NOT offended by Rush's statement at all!
You really should have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 06:00 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
There is very open sexism in much of talk radio, political leanings aside. One host today was calling women who don't "put out" right away "frigid". This wasn't a one time thing, he continued to repeat it over and over and it became a topic. Callers were pondering it also and some of them were women but none of them seemed to have a problem with this topic and his words. I don't want to force anyone off the air but I don't understand why things are going in this direction. It is disturbing that there are enough regular listeners to keep this guy's show going.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
I've lived long enough that I have seen attempts on the life of Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, George Wallace, Ronald Reagan, Rep. Giffords, etc. I have seen the murder of John Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, and many others. I've read the constant stream of hate flowing from this forum toward President Obama. I have been forced to come to the very sad conclusion that there are some very crazy people running around loose from whom no one is safe. I don't know what the answer is and I'm not even sure there is one.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
it is sensational media pandering i agree.

we need facts and not pablum... not some watered down version of the news.

but to have an FCC license you have to tow the line.

all the major news outlets have their news SCREENED BY THE WHITE HOUSE!!! DIDN'T YOU KNOW!!?

KEEPS US SATIATED IN REALITY SHOW AND SENSATIONAL NEWS HELL!!!

OUR NEWS IS CENSORED IN THE UNITED STATES!
Censored for what? FOX 'news' lies unabashedly and when challenged in a court room, a florida judge legislating from the bench declares the truth does not apply to FOX. Lie on public air waves, revise history, assault higher learning institutions with 5oo lbs of tripe obscuring truth, junk science, assault legitimate religion at the behest of prosperity preacher charlatans... come on!

There is only one side worthy of true defense. That is the side of truth. Period. I'm unwilling to pay the bills of social conservative prostitutes, unwilling to pay for protection of a religious right to assault my gender, and unwilling to aid and abet a government insisting I'm not entitled to defend myself as any other human being because I'm female. Rush has assaulted my gender for decades with propaganda and he's earned a punch in the nose, anal rape, a bomb in his house, stalkers dogging his every move, and a whole lot more!!!

Wind up millions of disgruntled males to gang stalk womankind-- that's 'protected speech' according to you? Why did Gaby get shot? Why is Pelosi and her family threatened with violence? Why can no female legislator or candidate be genuinely considered for anything other than target practice?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I've lived long enough that I have seen attempts on the life of Harry Truman, Gerald Ford, George Wallace, Ronald Reagan, Rep. Giffords, etc. I have seen the murder of John Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, and many others. I've read the constant stream of hate flowing from this forum toward President Obama. I have been forced to come to the very sad conclusion that there are some very crazy people running around loose from whom no one is safe. I don't know what the answer is and I'm not even sure there is one.
Do you see the moral repugnance of dixiecrat philosophy behind every single one of the villains murdering them? Look how repugnant in plain sight-- the very people who murdered Lincoln now own the party of Lincoln. SICK!! SICK!!

This is not about southerners who have historically been the victims of dixiecrats ala plantation masters and reign of terror inflicted on white republicans and blacks alike. This philosophy has been peddled for centuries in every state of the union undermining the core definition of America to legalize their criminal habits at the expense of legitimate commerce. They've peddled this crap in Churches to undermine religion & conscript it for nefarious deeds. They're simply evil. It's why northern dems rejected them wholesale prior to civil war. It's why they've not been able to have a legitimate party of their own. They keep trying to hijack everyone else's party. They aren't Americans and don't belong on our soil. They're criminals preying on our country.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:31 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
Shut down talk radio. Let's go back to 1980 when we got all the truthful honest non partisan news from only CBS, NBC, ABC, NY Times, Washington Post.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:32 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

I so agree. We can only pray that America doesn't have to return to a period of such heinous actions before wiser, calmer heads prevail.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:43 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Voting to defund is in no way censoring. What's wrong with NPR that they can't make as much money as Rush and Savage?!!

Talk about crap....NPR has to be crap if it can't flourish in a capitalist society. Rush and Savage, Beck and Hannity sure are flourishing.
So only people who make money should be allowed to voice their opinions? Can you explain this to me how this isn't Censorship then?

House votes to stop NPR funding - CNN

Old 03-10-2012, 07:28 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Free speech; does it go to far?

Old 03-10-2012, 08:26 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Free speech; does it go to far?
No, free speech doesn't go too far, but I'd like to see a little more self-censorship by many. I spend a lot of time driving in my job, so I do listen to radio talk shows. I'm a conservative, but some of these guys like Rush Limbaugh take it way too far. Liberals don't get a freebie from me either. Bill Maher is even more repugnant than Rush, imo.

However, there's never a doubt that talk shows are opinion. What really irks me is when network "newscasters" slant their news reports -- just a little. As a former newspaper editor, I'm of the firm opinion that news should not be slanted either way, whether it's print or electronic media. Opinions should be reasoned, explained in depth, and plainly labeled as such.

Unfortunately "journalists" and "commentators" can't seem to control themselves, so it's up to US to ignore those who take hate and misinformation too far. (Change the channel/station/magazine/newspaper.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies