Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times

Advertisements

ahhh, so now we have devolved from an "attack" on the Veitnam Memorial to some freeper-crap iditorials?

You check your meds lately, dude?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Default I'm just supplying facts about how peaceful, anti-war protestors get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
So let's see if I follow this.

Your real complaint is with "Code Pink?"

And "Code Pink" is against Pelosi, and against the war?

But no where in there is Code Pink saying anything against Vets or soldiers?

Is that all correct?

But you want to wrap all the anti-war stuff as some sort attack on Vets and troops, including a totally unrelated issue with Vietnam Memorial?

Looks like you are the one pimping the Vets and troops for your agenda.

I'm not complaining. I'm just supplying facts about how peaceful, anti-war protestors get out of hand.

Heree's a good example: Anti-war protesters were allowed to spray paint Capitol building

Old 09-12-2007, 12:50 AM

Default "Vandalize War Memorials, Insult The Troops..."

By Michelle Malkin

How many times have you sat in front of the television over the last four years, watching anti-war activists march on Washington, chase the ROTC off your local college campus, vandalize war memorials, insult the troops and wreak havoc under the surrender banner?

How many times have you thought to yourself: What can I do?

"Vandalize War Memorials, Insult The Troops..."

Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
ahhh, so now we have devolved from an "attack" on the Veitnam Memorial to some freeper-crap iditorials?

You check your meds lately, dude?
Please remember that regular forum rules are not suspended here: no personal attacks against other posters. If you issue a threat of violence, we will give up your IP and other information to the authorities.

If you are insulting me for my PTSD disability from the Vietnam War, you are asking for a law suit.

I'd say try to stay to some facts, but you have no facts to counter what I write. Little cheap shots is all you have.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:19 AM

Default CODE PINK CALL: Engage in Sustained Civil Disobedience at the Offices of Elected Representatives.

CODE PINK CALL: Engage in Sustained Civil Disobedience at the Offices of Elected Representatives. This crap is a form of terrorism.CODE PINK CALL: Engage in Sustained Civil Disobedience at the Offices of Elected Representatives.

The above webpage has some pictures of CODE PINK Supporters and actions.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Comments from former Marine officer regarding Congressman Murtha and Code Pink

Comments from former Marine officer regarding Congress Murtha and Code Pink:

As a former Marine officer, and with my Marine son returning to the Sunni Triangle within days, I have never been as ashamed as I am now to think that John Murtha was a "fellow" Marine. I just went to the "boot Murtha" website, and was astonished to learn that he was recently the recipient of a Code Pink "Pink Badge of Courage" award. Having carefully researched Code Pink's Marxist propaganda in the past (Medea Benjamin, one of its founders, being a disciple or at least adoring groupie of Fidel Castro and apologist for North Korea), I became almost apoplectic when I saw a photograph of him smiling and obviously quite pleased as he stood between two of the little neo-Marxist Code Pink clones who presented him the award. I don't know if he has Alzheimer disease, as my father did at Murtha's age, or if Murtha has sold his soul to the far Left to stay in office, but that one photograph symbolizes the depth of his spiraling descent into a amoral abyss.

His prejudicial comments about the young Marines at Haditha were deplorable enough, but that Code Pink award photograph, more than any other photograph, should be circulated to every Marine in his district with a full description of Code Pink's radical ideology and past conduct that borders on treason. Suffice it to say, Murtha will not be welcome at Marine reunions.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Please remember that regular forum rules are not suspended here: no personal attacks against other posters. If you issue a threat of violence, we will give up your IP and other information to the authorities.

If you are insulting me for my PTSD disability from the Vietnam War, you are asking for a law suit.

I'd say try to stay to some facts, but you have no facts to counter what I write. Little cheap shots is all you have.
Well, no I am being completely sincere with you. Former Army enlisted and officer type myself. Big deal. That and $3.00 will get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

Did the PTSD thing myself, along with the actual (very real, very hard) work to get it cleaned up. Again, in real world that and $3.00 yada, yada, yada. So can the whiner victim routine with me.

Reason I am even following through on the conversation is that there is no rational connection between some "attack" on the Vietnam Memorial and Code Pink -- or any of the rest of this.

I really do understand the misconnections that go on, and how with unresolved issues from yesterday is today and is tomorrow -- until and unless you clean those issues up.

But I do not think it is my job to cure or control you, just calling out that you are off the trail and into crazy land. If your friends will not tell you when you are messed up, at least I will give you a flag that you are off course.

But it is your life -- live as you see fit, and we will compare notes one day at the end.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Default This Is A Must Read PRESS RELEASE by 39,000 combat wounded veterans

This Is A Must Read PRESS RELEASE by 39,000 combat wounded veterans.
39,000 combat wounded veterans from all wars: PRESS RELEASE

Many of these disabled veterans stood with Gathering of Eagles protecting The Wall on March 17, 2007 in Washington DC. (I was one of them.)

These peaceful, anti-war protestors seem to behave better when Gathering of Eagles are around. When Cindy Sheehan sees them near a site she is about to protest at, she stays in the car and later crys to the local police that she could not be heard.

Cindy, like her supporters, forget that Free Speech goes to all Americans... not just to those Americans, who do nothing but complain about America.

Vandalism at our Nation's Memorials will stop.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:00 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,385,654 times
I appreciate your service, sir, but I am afraid you are tilting at windmills. There are many problems facing this nation, and no one supports the defacing of memorials, with the exception of a few fringe elements. There are many people who love this country and appreciate the soldiers, but disagree with the current foreign policy. They see it, though you clearly do not, as protecting the troops by keeping them out of what they believe is an unjust war. Still, they, and you, have the right to speak your minds.

I come from a military family and grew up in a military town. My grandfather died because VA doctors argued about whether or not he had brain cancer as he died of brain cancer. My uncle died after VA hospitals failed to notice the severity of his kidney problems, though he had been in for the problems repeatedly. That, in my mind, is the most problematic issue facing many veterans today. I wish that these cases that cost my family so dearly were the only ones I had seen, but the problem is pervasive. Still, that's just one man's opinion. I wish you the best, and understand that every cause needs its shepherd.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Default Vandals at the Wall

This is a good piece on the vandalism.

Vandals at the Wall
Human Events
by Michelle Oddis
Posted 09/12/2007

ANSWER is planning big anti-war demonstrations this weekend. The last time they were in town, some demonstrators tried to deface the Wall and were blocked by veterans...Is this a pre-emptive strike?

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

URL: Vandals at the Wall - HUMAN EVENTS

Last edited by Yac; 12-11-2007 at 02:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies