Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:47 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

So, I was on Youtube listening to some good old Conservative, "hateful", all-American country music, when suddenly this crap ad comes on, it is an Obama ad about how he is reducing our dependency on foreign oil. WHAT?

The first thing that came to mind was, I thought Mr Obama had vetoed the Keystone Pipeline and the DOE should be renamed "The Department of No Energy" as Mark Levin put it, since it does not do a damn thing!

This ad is an insult to anybody's intelligence. Hussein Nobama Sotero, the little Marxist Kenyan-Indonesian Muslim wonderboy must not be re-elected in November!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 09:05 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
When you have no job and dependent on food stamps you've got no where to go in your car.

Gear back the economy & jobs and yes, he's reducing your need for oil and gas. Just not the way it should be done.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 AM

994 posts, read 725,041 times
[MOD CUT]

Okay...

The increase in domestic drilling is due to leases granted under Bush, not Obama. It is also due to drilling on private lands where Obamaa has no authority.

Obama has actually reduced drilling where and when he has had the power to do so. Yet he is taking credit for increasing drilling.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-11-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Deleted quoted post and reply

Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
So, I was on Youtube listening to some good old Conservative, "hateful", all-American country music, when suddenly this crap ad comes on, it is an Obama ad about how he is reducing our dependency on foreign oil. WHAT?

The first thing that came to mind was, I thought Mr Obama had vetoed the Keystone Pipeline and the DOE should be renamed "The Department of No Energy" as Mark Levin put it, since it does not do a damn thing!

This ad is an insult to anybody's intelligence. Hussein Nobama Sotero, the little Marxist Kenyan-Indonesian Muslim wonderboy must not be re-elected in November!
Please explain where the Keystone XL pipeline will reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Or do you not realize the oil is from Canada (that's still technically foreign) and will only be processed in Texas before it's sold and shipped to China? It won't go to your local gas station.

I love how one little ad that is probably backed up by facts (oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that he's having us examine local renewable energy sources) makes you go off the deep end. Even the admission that your last paragraph is a joke doesn't help your argument.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Obama has actually reduced drilling where and when he has had the power to do so. Yet he is taking credit for increasing drilling.
Does the advertisement make the claim (bolded) or is it assumed? There is a difference between "reducing our dependence on foreign oil" and that claim.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:25 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
They have no game,so they try to steal other people's game....gotta love those GOP gomers.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Please explain where the Keystone XL pipeline will reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Or do you not realize the oil is from Canada (that's still technically foreign) and will only be processed in Texas before it's sold and shipped to China? It won't go to your local gas station.
I would still love to know how one knows this as fact? Do you work for an oil company? Those of us in the pipeline industry haven't a clue exactly how and what percentages will or will not be shipped off. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, let alone what will happen months down the road when and if Keystone ever gets built.... Do tell....

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
I would still love to know how one knows this as fact? Do you work for an oil company? Those of us in the pipeline industry haven't a clue exactly how and what percentages will or will not be shipped off. I don't know what will happen tomorrow, let alone what will happen months down the road when and if Keystone ever gets built.... Do tell....
That's all that I've seen in what I've read. The whole purpose is to get the oil to the Asian market. There is apparently no way to go over the Rockies and an Arctic shipping route is out of the question. I have not read anything that indicates that the US is intended to be the recipient of the oil that goes through that pipeline. We are the middle man just processing it for distribution. "We" meaning the US oil companies, the real benefactors of this whole charade. The US public gets a few temporary jobs and all of the environmental risk.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:36 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Kind of like Republicans saying that if we drill more at home it will effect oil prices????

It won't, we don't have enough, and we can't get to it fast enough.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:43 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
That's all that I've seen in what I've read. The whole purpose is to get the oil to the Asian market. There is apparently no way to go over the Rockies and an Arctic shipping route is out of the question. I have not read anything that indicates that the US is intended to be the recipient of the oil that goes through that pipeline. We are the middle man just processing it for distribution. "We" meaning the US oil companies, the real benefactors of this whole charade. The US public gets a few temporary jobs and all of the environmental risk.
While yes, all the construction jobs will be temporary, there is no disputing that.. and while I do not question in the least the moving of the line off the aquifir (believe it or not, not a single one of us in pipeline construction business did), the fact is that we still import more crude than we export. Refined products are exported, and those cover a wider spectrum than just "gas." And as I've said a million times.. the environmental risk of a new line is many times less than the concern I would have over the thousands of miles of crude lines crossing this country now. Old lines, laid years ago which are well past their life expectancy. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that you can only believe 1/2 of what you read when it comes to either side of the issue. A lot of those who come here and project to be experts (on either side) are usually only 1/2 informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies