Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,119 times

Advertisements

Yeah, can't have a pastor that's as outrageously nutty as BO's Pastor "wrong" and have someone like that insult BO, now can we?! gasp....

A white preacher best not talk about politics anywhere near an election season or his church can lose its tax-exempt status, but obama's pastor, "Wright" is his given name....from what I've read and heard, HE got away with talking horribly about politics as well as our nation and was not a bit fearful of the laws concerning churches and Election Cycles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM

19,833 posts, read 12,090,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I would too. Now if it were W he was talking about, I'd shout out a big "Amen!" maybe even a "hell yeah!"
Well you were there, did you? I would have gotten up and walked out if the Pastor said the same about W. Not appropriate for a sermon and I would know I was in the wrong church.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,639,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Well you were there, did you? I would have gotten up and walked out if the Pastor said the same about W. Not appropriate for a sermon and I would know I was in the wrong church.
No, I was listening on the radio -- I remember thinking that if more preachers preached like him I'd go to church way more often.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:46 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,540,758 times
Liberals attack churches? What a stupid statement. Liberals only attack those who try to discriminate against a particular group. Churches have no place in government policies and should have no voice in making laws.

Old 03-11-2012, 04:58 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It will be interesting over the next couple of months here in MD. The Black churches are leading the petition drive to place the recently enacted Gay Marriage law on the November ballot in order to repeal it.
You might wanta check your sources, I think you have that backwards.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Maryland_Same-Sex_Marriage_Referendum_(2012 (broken link))

Old 03-11-2012, 05:36 PM

45,336 posts, read 60,512,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You might wanta check your sources, I think you have that backwards.

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Maryland_Same-Sex_Marriage_Referendum_(2012 (broken link))

You mean your empty link?

How's this? Para 5 or so.
Md. governor signs measure legalizing gay marriage; opponents pushing ballot referendum - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/black-church-members-in-md-say-faith-will-guide-them-on-potential-gay-marriage-referendum/2012/03/01/gIQAQBxpkR_story.html - broken link)

Hmmm:
Maryland Marriage Alliance | MarylandMarriageAlliance.com

Old 03-11-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You mean your empty link?

How's this? Para 5 or so.
Md. governor signs measure legalizing gay marriage; opponents pushing ballot referendum - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/black-church-members-in-md-say-faith-will-guide-them-on-potential-gay-marriage-referendum/2012/03/01/gIQAQBxpkR_story.html - broken link)

Hmmm:
Maryland Marriage Alliance | MarylandMarriageAlliance.com
THE LEADERS of the referendum are, Nei l Pa r r ot t, Cha ir m a n - Ma rj o r ie Car tw r igh t , Treas u r er, are either of them tied to a black church?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Funny, I have no problem with the link. Here are the referendum supporters, no black churches listed as leaning the effort.

Quote:
Supporters.

The following are supporters of the veto referendum; therefore, opponents of same-sex marriage in the state: In response to the pending legislation, Delegate Don Dwyer, Jr. said, "I can assure you that, should this bill come out of the House, it will go to referendum." Dwyer added that an effort to place a referendum on the ballot would begin as soon as the bill is passed. [15]

Sen. Nancy Jacobs said, "I don't think the votes on that board accurately represent the citizens of the state of Maryland. I think the vote on referendum in 2012 will be the vote of the people and I think this deserves to go to the people, and I'm sure it will." [16]

The Maryland Family Alliance is opposed to the proposed legislation. [17] Derek McCoy, president of the organization, said that if the legislation isn't stopped in the House or Senate it is critical to ensure that the a veto referendum effort is initiated. [18][19]

Maryland Delegate Neil Parrott has set up a website, MDPetitions.com, with the purpose of garnering votes to put the referendum on the ballot. [20]

Old 03-11-2012, 06:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Just something I realized as I watched Al Sharptongue compare voting ID laws to Jim Crow laws, a topic for another thread. Anyway could it be because liberals know most black churches are fully owned and operated subsidiaries of the DNC? Is it because they know many black pastors are paid shills for the Democrat Party and this is exactly how they want it? All the while they attack white churches that are legitimate religious organizations and not political propaganda outlets? Whatever happened to separation of church and state? Is this not integration of church and state when the church serves as nothing more than a Democrat Party propaganda outlet? I thought liberals were all for separation of church and state. I guess not when it suits their agenda.
So your basic rant, no matter how ill informed and lacking any facts what so ever is the following.

All Black Churches are bad.

All White Churches are good.

Right now the only thing I can do is shake my head. Are humans really this stupid.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:11 PM

254 posts, read 202,470 times
Why are there black and white churches anyway? Is America really still this racist? See this is why I hate religion. It promotes so much hate and stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies