Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 01:12 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,799,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't have an issue with an ID at first thought, but what else will you be required to use an ID for?
Gee, I dunno...
Cash a check
Buy beer
Rent an apartment
Check out a library book
Be admitted to a hospital
Get any kind of license
Get on an airplane
Do any banking
Drive a car
OK...I quit, the list is nearly infinite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Maybe it is underreported, but i still don't think it's significant enough to require an ID. What we have now is working fine. No system is 100% foolproof. If we've had an election that was thrown one way or the other because of voter fraud in recent years, then show me. Until then, i remain pretty damn skeptical.
People voting illegally is not "significant" to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 01:35 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Oh HERE YOU GO!

Naplesnews.com
http://www.naplesnews.com/blogs/coun...ppppppppppppp/

NY Democrat: Voter Fraud Is A 'Normal Political Tactic
As the city of Troy, NY, awaits jury selection in the first trial involving two Democrats and their alleged roles in a “massive” voter fraud scheme, new details have emerged from the investigation.
http://nation.foxnews.com/voter-frau...litical-tactic

Old 03-13-2012, 03:31 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Naplesnews.com
proof of Democrat voter fraud : Council for Constitutional Principles : Naples Blogs : Naples Daily News: Local Naples, Florida News Delivered Throughout the Day.

NY Democrat: Voter Fraud Is A 'Normal Political Tactic
As the city of Troy, NY, awaits jury selection in the first trial involving two Democrats and their alleged roles in a “massive” voter fraud scheme, new details have emerged from the investigation.

NY Democrat: Voter Fraud Is A 'Normal Political Tactic' - Voter Fraud - Fox Nation

There are more if you need them
Yes I do need them, show me the "massive" numbers of people committing voter fraud.
Not one single instance has been shown in this entire thread.

Republicans are continually screaming about "massive" voter fraud but keep coming up with three or four people nation wide. That disproves the allegations of Republicans!!!

So now conservatives on this board are back tracking with the "even one case is too much".

No one stated that one case wasn't too much, but again it disproves the continual allegations made by Republicans of "massive" voter fraud.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You beat me to it.
More felons voted illegally in that
election than the margin of victory.
Felons Voting Illegally May Have Put Franken Over The Top In Minnesota, Study Finds | Fox News
Can you find anything other than Fox?
It's not like they're news (they sued to be not classified as news).
I guess you forgot about the aftermath & findings (mostly republicans on the panel) of the Minnesota vote.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...t_accurate.php
“They claimed in November 2009 to have 800 additional individuals who were illegal felon voters,” Freeman said. “When they summited names to us in late February 2010, it was down to 451. We have processed that 451, and more than half of them were either not felons or not on probation when they voted.

Last edited by chielgirl; 03-13-2012 at 05:18 AM..

Old 03-13-2012, 05:12 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Im curious as to how anyone can LEGALLY exist in this country without a photo ID ?

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
The voter restriction efforts are purly political. In the long run, there is a need to establish a National Federal standard and the proper time taken, to put the standard into play.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/op...ter-fraud.html
None of these explanations are true. There is almost no voting fraud in America. And none of the lawmakers who claim there is have ever been able to document any but the most isolated cases. The only reason Republicans are passing these laws is to give themselves a political edge by suppressing Democratic votes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...oting-20110830
[i]"What has happened this year is the most significant setback to voting rights in this country in a century," says Judith Browne-Dianis, who monitors barriers to voting as co-director of the Advancement Project, a civil rights organization based in Washington, D.C.

http://www.truthaboutfraud.org/pdf/TruthAboutVoterFraud.pdf (broken link)
It is more likely that an individual will be struck by lightning than that he will impersonate another voter at the polls.

The third link provides a comprehensive document on voting and allegations of all types of fraud.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Im curious as to how anyone can LEGALLY exist in this country without a photo ID ?
Constitutional right to privacy is implied in several Amendments. That has been the Supreme Court's interpretation for several decades.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:33 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'll stop when you refute the numbers.
Here's a thought........

Let's just use the numbers for convictions.......that'll make it look REAL good on paper.

Oh wait, that's fraudulent too.

My bad.

Speleothem said it here:

Quote:
Gee, I dunno...
Cash a check
Buy beer
Rent an apartment
Check out a library book
Be admitted to a hospital
Get any kind of license
Get on an airplane
Do any banking
Drive a car
OK...I quit, the list is nearly infinite.
Justify having no ID for the most responsibility related action as a citizen.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
Well it's getting harder to do with DHS and the War on (pick your enemy) and all that.
I had to show ID to buy a 50lb bag of fertilizer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies