Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 08:31 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,865,661 times

Advertisements

Do liberals care how their high gas price agenda will hurt the poor? Look, I'm one that says current high gas prices are NOT Obama's fault, nor ANY president's in the short run for that matter. But still, high gas prices are part of the left's plan for energy independence, rather than a gradual, market based move off oil. Shame on you liberals for staking the short and medium term health of the economy on your bizarre obsessions and agenda
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,574,809 times
If you admit that President Obama has not caused the current high gas prices, what is your theory for how liberals are causing high gas prices?

Old 03-12-2012, 08:35 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,299,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Do liberals care how their high gas price agenda will hurt the poor? Look, I'm one that says current high gas prices are NOT Obama's fault, nor ANY president's in the short run for that matter. But still, high gas prices are part of the left's plan for energy independence, rather than a gradual, market based move off oil. Shame on you liberals for staking the short and medium term health of the economy on your bizarre obsessions and agenda
What high gas price agenda is that?

US oil production is at its highest level in over 4 years.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If you admit that President Obama has not caused the current high gas prices, what is your theory for how liberals are causing high gas prices?
I didn't say you were causing them, I'm blaming you for (1)impeding solutions (such as natual gas) and (2) delighting in high gas prices for your own agenda while people suffer.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Before I get called a liar

Federal report: U.S. oil imports down, domestic production highest since 2003 - latimes.com

Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
What high gas price agenda is that?

US oil production is at its highest level in over 4 years.
The one where you're against natural gas production.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You aren't a liar, but that has nothing to do with the high gas price agenda. Liberals impede any attempts at the true solution to America's high gas prices.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:39 PM

25,747 posts, read 16,367,276 times
Quote:
How did that gradual, market based move off oil work for ya? I didn't see much progress since 9/11 when anyone with 2 braincells to rub together could figure out that buying oil from the middle east and trying to control that oil with our military is just bad policy.

Yep, 8 years of Bush and nothing, absolutely nothing done to move us off middle east oil dependence.

Time to pay the piper so our grandchildren aren't still dealing with this.

Myself, I think the minimum price of gas should be 5 bucks a gallon to start.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
You aren't a liar, but that has nothing to do with the high gas price agenda. Liberals impede any attempts at the true solution to America's high gas prices.
So do Republicans.

We need to use domestic sources that we have enough of. Oil isn't one of them. Oil will never go away completely, but we could transition to natural gas, yet Republicans lack the will to end oil subsidy, push a real alternative out, or even let the market itself decide.

Its not just liberals.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:41 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,073,369 times
Quote:
They don't care! Just as long as they get their way they may destroy anyone else that disagrees with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies