Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:39 PM

186 posts, read 263,373 times

Advertisements

Face it. If there is no one out there trying and/or succeeding in doing a good job, we are in a world of hurt...so...

I don't see very many posts like this, where people actually point and say, "Hey, I like what that person is doing/trying." So...no matter how small or low their position; in or near the political areana...who do you think is doing a good job or trying new things. (Political Offiliations Aside)

I think Michelle Obama is actually starting to make me notice. She is kind of quiet, but not too quiet. She is classy. And she kind of reminds me of Princess Diana. I thought her better nutrition thing was kind of weird to focus on at first, but now I think it is interesting. Teaching kids about nutrition early can save a lot of problems later. Would like to see her become an ambassador or something whenever they get out of office.

Would also like to see more people like Shirley Temple (Black), wow what a career.

Yeah, guess after reading all the gloomy argument threads I just wanted to see someone say something nice about someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 03:06 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Despite all the lies and misinformation from the left Scott Walker is doing an amazing job in Wisconsin, he's stood up to some of the most corrupt big labor groups around and eventually won. He's proven that his plans work and make sense and he's beaten one of the largest attack plans ever put together by Democrats which is why he'll likely win this moronic recall attempt.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Chris Christie is doing a great job. If Cuomo holds firm on pension reform, for that issue, he deserves applause. Walker has also done a very good job; some impressive job gains in WI at a faster pace than the nation.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:35 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Chris Christie is doing a great job. If Cuomo holds firm on pension reform, for that issue, he deserves applause. Walker has also done a very good job; some impressive job gains in WI at a faster pace than the nation.
Christie is one of the better ones, I'll second that.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:36 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Extremely happy with my Senator Bernie Sanders. Consistant, smart, and progressive.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Despite all the lies and misinformation from the left Scott Walker is doing an amazing job in Wisconsin, he's stood up to some of the most corrupt big labor groups around and eventually won. He's proven that his plans work and make sense and he's beaten one of the largest attack plans ever put together by Democrats which is why he'll likely win this moronic recall attempt.
Agree about Scott Walker.

Also like the honesty and consistency of both Ron and Rand Paul.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I like Gov. Kaine of Va.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:43 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I've been happy with Jim Webb as Senator from Virginia. I'm sorry to see he's not seeking another term.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:46 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
I like Rand Paul and I can also say that so far, Colorado Governor Hickenlooper is exceeding my expectations by handling state-level issues in a fairly reasonable manner. I'm generally not a fan of Colorado Democrats (especially my two senators who are all talk and no action when it comes to reducing the debt and deficit spending), but I'll give credit when credit is due, and I think Hickenlooper is handling his job well, so far.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:49 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Extremely happy with my Senator Bernie Sanders. Consistant, smart, and progressive.
X2 on Sanders, he is one of the few that actually fights for what's right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies