Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:47 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Hardly surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Medicare Premiums Rise Less Than Expected - WSJ.com

The CBO isn't taking into account that healthcare prices, even medicare, are rising less then expected. If this keeps up, the affordable healtcare act will cost less then expected, not more. The numbers the CBO is projecting are based on rising costs at the previous rate, not the current.
Lol, I have a sense, the CBO knows what it's doing.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
In 10 years that figure will probably triple
I expect it to quadruple in 1/4 of that time.

Sigh......

Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Sadly, the black folk I hear talking at work (when they think we can't hear) is:

'whitey gonna get his, he be paying for all my chillin' and now my own doctorin' too cuz I just be payin' any fines they tack on with my refund chilecare credit. oh yeah he gonna pay out the ass now thanks to obama!'

Then the conversation changes to rap or other such crap as the rest of us enter the breakroom.

The look on their faces makes me sick.
Sure they do

This healthcare reform doesn't just help black people by the way. It helps people of all races and ethnic groups.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:22 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
A few weeks ago, Congress demanded to know why the cost of Obamacare has quietly risen more than 30% in the President's latest budget (see Lawmaker Wants Answers After Cost Estimate For Health Insurance Aid Rises By $111B | Fox News ).

Well, a new report out today from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), says that Obamacare's costs are going to rise even more than that.

Sounds like "Hope and Change" has morphed into "The costs we promised you are changing, and you'd better Hope they don't Change any more!"

---------------------------------------------------------------

CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs

by Philip Klein
Senior Editorial Writer

President Obama's national health care law will cost $1.76 trillion over a decade, according to a new projection released today by the Congressional Budget Office, rather than the $940 billion forecast when it was signed into law.

Democrats employed many accounting tricks when they were pushing through the national health care legislation, the most egregious of which was to delay full implementation of the law until 2014, so it would appear cheaper under the CBO's standard ten-year budget window and, at least on paper, meet Obama's pledge that the legislation would cost "around $900 billion over 10 years." When the final CBO score came out before passage, critics noted that the true 10 year cost would be far higher than advertised once projections accounted for full implementation.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)
Healthcare costs have been skyrocketing at alarming rates for thirty years. Obamacare or no Obamacare your costs for healthcare would still skyrocket. At least with the reform we won't have people dying of preventable causes because they couldn't get the preventative care they needed because they were uninsured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies