Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 12:47 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I wonder if Obama even KNOWS about this...LOL
He does if he reads City Data!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And when did he do that? Links, please?
Top 2 American Al Qaeda killed; Anwar al-Awlaki Samir Khanhad targeted Chicago | abc7chicago.com

Old 03-15-2012, 12:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
You wouldn't be suggesting that anyone here is guilty of selective outrage, or to put it more bluntly - hypocrisy, are you?

Shame on you!
Doggone it, cant rep you for this!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
"Obama denies Native Americans the right to practice their religion," or something similar.
Actually, that's pretty much what has been happening. Eagle feathers and parts are locked up in a federal repository and tribe members must file and ask for a feather. There's a backlog of requests right now and more requests than feathers. (Which are used in sacred ceremonies.)

Tribe members have had to break the law to kill eagles.

This is a WIN for Indian rights. It's also a win for religious freedom in this country.

I'm assuming the eagles will be used in the Sun Dance which is very sacred.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually, that's pretty much what has been happening. Eagle feathers and parts are locked up in a federal repository and tribe members must file and ask for a feather. There's a backlog of requests right now and more requests than feathers. (Which are used in sacred ceremonies.)

Tribe members have had to break the law to kill eagles.

This is a WIN for Indian rights. It's also a win for religious freedom in this country.

I'm assuming the eagles will be used in the Sun Dance which is very sacred.
Funny how very few on this thread have been able to figure this (bolded) out for themselves.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Funny how very few on this thread have been able to figure this (bolded) out for themselves.
Oh, they've figured it out, it's just their bash Obama agenda is far more important to them than silly things like religious freedom.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, they've figured it out, it's just their bash Obama agenda is far more important to them than silly things like religious freedom.
You're right, what was I thinking?

Old 03-15-2012, 01:21 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I don't know how eagles would be a problem.

But you think that if an animal is a problem it should be exterminated...that's irresponsible, short-sighted and disgusting....
Well thats your opinion, but they and all kinds of birds can be a problem for many businesses. I work in cellular, and we've got to bend over backwards because of the damn ospreys. They build nests on the towers, and then we have to wait months until the little ones leave the nests before we can even touch a tower that had them on them, then we have to relocate the nests, etc. Our customers are then upset, although they don't know why, because of broken equipment that drops calls. It also effects 911 service, which is a problem in a human emergency.

I'm not for the whole sale slaughter of these animals, but if they are a problem, killing one or two isn't going to hurt anything.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well thats your opinion, but they and all kinds of birds can be a problem for many businesses. I work in cellular, and we've got to bend over backwards because of the damn ospreys. They build nests on the towers, and then we have to wait months until the little ones leave the nests before we can even touch a tower that had them on them, then we have to relocate the nests, etc. Our customers are then upset, although they don't know why, because of broken equipment that drops calls. It also effects 911 service, which is a problem in a human emergency.

I'm not for the whole sale slaughter of these animals, but if they are a problem, killing one or two isn't going to hurt anything.
Ospreys are on the endangered list, bald eagles arent.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Ospreys are on the endangered list, bald eagles arent.
I know, but they asked how a bird like that could be a problem, and I was just giving an example. Eagles make nests on top of towers also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies