Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 02:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Its ok to take something 40 years ago and use it against a conservative and to justify and deflect.
Well of course. Even though that Regan comment had nothing to do with this hood rats temper tantrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 02:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
That people actually give a flying flock what anyone in Hollywood thinks--or celebrities anywhere--is largely why this country is such a mess right now. We're so blinded by celebrity that we can't see past a person's popularity enough to judge character anymore. This is how you end up with someone in the oval office like Obama. People are such stooges for celebrity.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:52 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
That people actually give a flying flock what anyone in Hollywood thinks--or celebrities anywhere--is largely why this country is such a mess right now. We're so blinded by celebrity that we can't see past a person's popularity enough to judge character anymore. This is how you end up with someone in the oval office like Obama. People are such stooges for celebrity.

Snooki will be a congresswomen in a few years. Thats how stupid Americans are

Old 03-15-2012, 03:01 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
I never thought of Chris Rock as a leftist. I've seen him criticize both liberals and conservatives. If you watch his concerts he takes jabs at many groups. I can see how he got upset, if someone is throwing a party and some crasher comes in sticking a camera in your face you will feel threatened.

Chris Rock debunks the 2-party, false left-right paradigm - YouTube
Coming from the side of the political spectrum that thinks pie and glitter attacks are harmless, justified, and funny.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Wussification of America. A man has a right to defend his honor. You come to a party uninvited at 2 am and start acting like a fool, I expect the host to toss you out, politness not required.

Who was uninvited? Who acted like a fool? Is asking a simple question "acting like a fool?"

Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Wow! Drink some more kool-aid! Deflect, Justify and Divide. Do you not think this answer is childlike and grade schoolish?
No, I think it was entirely accurate. If I stuck a camera in Chris Rock's face, I'd fully expect him to toss it. And how this makes anyone a hypocrite is still not explained.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
I see how it is, but it is perfectly acceptable, when someone like Rock shows his ignorance, Some can dish it out oh boy, but they can't take it.
I live far from the glitz and glamour of Hoyyweird. I do like visiting, but would not want to live there. It is fun dining there, and visiting certain boutiques.

I don't however pay attention to rants such as Rock, or any other celebrity, have my own mind, and no celebrity, or musician, or comic, would ever sway me.
So many celebrity hypocrites out there.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hollywood hypocrites
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:26 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
When did Chris Rock say it was ok to be a wimp and let party crashers invade your personal space? If he did say this, then he is a hypocrite.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM

576 posts, read 586,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
^^^^Typical Tea Party/Republican mentality
Stereotyping is OK now? Cool. There's a lot we could go through, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies