Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And the customer receives the benefit of the item they purchased,

If I buy a TV set I receive the benefit of watching it.

The employees benefit buy getting money so they can become the customer.

The business owner, oh well never mind it's probably over your head.
Not over my head at all but it does seem to be over yours. The business owner benefits by getting the profit.

Why the hell does the employee and the customer getting something in return negate their contribution but the business owner getting something in return doesn't negate his contribution? Or were you unaware of profit and thought they were starting businesses purely out of the goodness of their hearts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 05:28 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Not over my head at all but it does seem to be over yours. The business owner benefits by getting the profit.

Why the hell does the employee and the customer getting something in return negate their contribution but the business owner getting something in return doesn't negate his contribution? Or were you unaware of profit and thought they were starting businesses purely out of the goodness of their hearts?
Because the customer and employee have a guaranteed return in value. The investor/business owner take on a great deal of risk with no guaranteed returns. It's like paying taxes. No guaranteed returns.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Sheesh! Employees get a check on payday--an even trade. Customers get the goods--an even trade. Business owners organize the whole mess, follow the regulations, file a ton of paperwork, provide jobs (an even trade) and goods (an even trade) and if the employees don't like it or the customers don't like it, they don't show up.
Sheesh! Business owners get the profit--obviously way better than an even trade otherwise why the hell do you think he'd go through all those regulations and file that ton of paperwork? And of course if he doesn't like it he can always end the business

Old 03-16-2012, 08:23 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
They paid the money back with interest. It was a money maker for the US Government. That benefits me. It would benefit you too if you lived in the US.
they just paid back what they owed, with more borrowed money.

as far as it benefitting me -- no, i reject that premise. it's why commodities are so expensive.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
they just paid back what they owed, with more borrowed money.

as far as it benefitting me -- no, i reject that premise. it's why commodities are so expensive.
But your stocks, investments, wealth is overall higher. Quite a bit higher than the price of commodities.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
What is the responsibility of the recipient class?

We, in the provider class, know what our perceived responsibility is by a constant barrage of "pay more, you greedy pig!" by lefties.

So....what is the responsibility of the recipient class other than procreating and demanding "rights" at the expense of others?
Okay this one of those issues where I'm both conservative and liberal.
If your a 1% it all depends on how you receive income; I say if your a 1% with a business that hires 99% then you should not have to be responsible for the "recipient class" since you actually hire them and you may even deserve a tax break if you hire more people. But if your a 1% doctor, lawyer or whomever doesn't hire 99% then yes you should take some responsibility for the recipient class since your only taking money from 99% most likely, your taxes should be higher for sure.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:26 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
poor people are still american citizens, so they have the same rights as people with land, labor and capital, as you say.
But they don't have the right to MY land, labor and capital.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sorry, you're wrong. The SCOTUS has ruled that public aid is general welfare, REPEATEDLY. You're on the losing end of this argument yet again becaise your opinion or a Google search definition of "general welfare" doesn't trump a SCOTUS ruling that says otherwise.

You would think someone that thumps on and on about the constitution would know that.

Where in the constitution say ANYTHING about infrastructure? It might be something that BECAME part of this broad general welfare clause but the constitution does NOT mandate any infrastructure, it mandates a post office, but roads, bridges, harbors, and on and on is NOT mentioned in your bible.
We constitutional conservatives rely on the actual document.

Lefties rely on "case law".

Old 03-16-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
The US military protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The court system, high and low protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The FBI, CIA, ICE, ATF, and all the others protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The local, state and federal law enforcement protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The local fire and rescue squads protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The FAA and Customs protects everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The roads, bridges, airports, harbor are there for everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The water and sewer treatment plants are there for everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The airways, radio and TV, are there for everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

This internet is built out and regulated by the government for everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

The post office is there for everyone, INCLUDING YOU.

ANYTHING you buy or consume was brought to you via the public infrastructure you claim you don't use.

EVERY employee your engage in your quest for wealth that uses that public infrastructure to get to your workplace benefited from that infrastructure and by extension so did you.

Same for EVERY vendor, client, customer, supplier, they all used that infrastructure, and you benefited by that use. Without their use of the public infrastructure, your costs would grow.

You only look foolish when you thump you chest and say you don't take from the government. You might be part of the provider class but you are also a member of the recipient class.
Nice straw man argument.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The system is there.

We are forced into submitting our payment.

We shouldn't take our share?
You are forced because those we sent to Washington and o our State Houses ok Taxes as we as a People do. But thanks for admitting conservatives also draw assistance, just as Liberals also pay into to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies