Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 05:37 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,273 times

Advertisements

Republitards have declared war on women. I say, by all means, get Rick Santorum out there. Get this fetus obsession going by November. And sit back and watch the party get absolutely hammered into the ground.

I don't think republicans realize that if they keep this up they might not just lose the white house, they might end up giving the democrats a super majority and a whole list of new blue states.

It's just too bad that democrats typically stand around with their hands on their hips and get outraged...when they ought to spend more time fighting back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 05:40 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your comparing apples to oranges here. Even a doctor will tell you that an annual pap test is a preventive measure to more serious health problems in the future. Your grasping at straws now.
And suddenly, the desire to use government to force specific medical treatments evaporated and trust in medical professionals was reinstated. Amazing.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And how do you know i have never had one, nor am not the sister of a doctor ? Doctors will tell you they are not needed, thus why they are optional and not pushed by them. Unless they foresee a complication later on they won't even push the issue.
Please provide proof of that. Provide proof that it is never necessary to have at least an abdominal sonogram before an abortion and that a transvaginal sonogram isn't more accurate and used for that purpose.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Murder is against the law, killing a fetus isn't. No matter what you personally believe, it is not murder nor is not illegal.
It once was until liberal lunatics took over this country.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
Talk about costing the health care system more for a test that is not medically needed. Then get between a patient and her doctor. Aren't these two items sacred among the right wing folks? Never mind the bodily invasion- I know that doesn't matter.

Can you force women to sign the consent?

Yep, if the way can be forced legally, just shut your eyes, ladies.

It will take awhile for them to drum up the legislation to mandate some medieval device that forces the eyes to be held open while restraining the head and ratcheting the neck toward the image in question while some device is lodged in the vagina.

Is this what we've become?

It's really, really, really hard to believe this tripe. Am I still in America?
Your whole statement here makes me wonder if you have ever been to America.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:44 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Provide proof that it is never necessary to have at least an abdominal sonogram before an abortion and that a transvaginal sonogram isn't more accurate and used for that purpose.
Nobody said it was never necessary. However, you're the one saying it's always necessary. I've cited a couple of authorities who disagree with you upthread, in a post I suspect you haven't had the time to read.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:45 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Please provide proof of that. Provide proof that it is never necessary to have at least an abdominal sonogram before an abortion and that a transvaginal sonogram isn't more accurate and used for that purpose.
And why shouldn't that decision be left up to the doctor who is actually there and is going to perform the procedure?

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
The governor need not be the one worried, but the legislators are the bigger targets with this. And sometimes thing do alter in politics if the gov is week already.
Not really. A few seats might be lost by Republicans but the democrats aren't going to control the entire state legislature like the Republicans currently do after this election.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
It's too bad Pennsyltucky (everything in between Philly and Pittsburgh, i.e the boonies) gives PA a bad name. Such a great state!
Considering that you are stupid enough to believe an idiot like James Carville I really don't want you saying my state is great since I view you with contempt.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
How about instead of a digital prostate exam, we mandate a rectal sonogram.....not because it is needed.....but just because some politican thinks it would be a good idea. Oh....and while we're at it.....you pay for that mandated, unnecessary, sonogram probe out of your own pocket too.
Or these politicians could just shove their heads up their own butts to have a look. Oh wait....their heads are already there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies