Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 08:10 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,739,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am a pro-choice conservative woman, and I see nothing wrong with making sure that a woman has all the facts before she has an abortion.

I would prefer that a doctor decide what "all the facts are" rather than a bunch of angry, old white men and the women who serve them. (meaning, the Republican party)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 08:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
I would prefer that a doctor decide what "all the facts are" rather than a bunch of angry, old white men and the women who serve them. (meaning, the Republican party)
Racism, much?

Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Racism, much?
Sure...and sexism and ageism as well. I didn't say anything about stupidism but I'm definitely a stupidist too.
Which is why I'm no longer a conservative.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"OH OH,, Uncivil , intolerant wah wah wah, take my toys and go home..."

Translation:

If ya caa't present facts, only opinions and others don't care for your opinions...play the poor victim...

Especially when the opinion presented is

""Women who have enjoyable sex should be punished because I can't"

THAT about sums it up...
I stopped voicing my opinion on this subject because I was accused of forcing my opinion on others and was treated with hostility for my views. You want me to continue down that line or I am playing the victim? Your post above just proves my point. Pro-choicers/lefties can't debate civily. You're just another hostile pro-choicer who can't stand a pro-life opinon.

I have no idea what you are referring to in your quoted remark. All humans enjoy sex as do I. A**ume much? My argument is for safe sex that doesn't lead to an unwanted pregnancy which can lead to abortion which leads to ending a human life. Is that forcing my opinion on you? Funny, your opposing view doesn't threaten my beliefs at all. I feel confident in what I believe in and don't feel the need to resort to childish insults or hostility about it. Bye!

Old 03-17-2012, 08:46 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Interesting that a pro-lifer giving one's opinion on this topic equates to "foisting" their opinion on pro-choicers but not the other way around? How does one discuss a topic without both sides offering their views and opinions on it and not be told they are forcing their opinion on the other side? I certainly learned the intolerance for certain opinions under this topic and that is why I won't discuss this matter anymore not to mention the uncivil and insulting responses under it.
You have to admit, it is pro-lifers who want to "foist" their beliefs onto others through legislation. Pro-choicers are not trying to "foist" anything onto you.

Pro-choicers are not trying to force you to act according to their beliefs.... they are not trying to interfere with your choices. They are not trying to force you to act against your beliefs, they are not trying to force you to do anything against your will.

So, by default, you shouldn't be surprised that your opinions elicit negativity.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You have to admit, it is pro-lifers who want to "foist" their beliefs onto others through legislation. Pro-choicers are not trying to "foist" anything onto you.

Pro-choicers are not trying to force you to act according to their beliefs.... they are not trying to interfere with your choices. They are not trying to force you to act against your beliefs, they are not trying to force you to do anything against your will.

So, by default, you shouldn't be surprised that your opinions elicit negativity.

Exactly. If you don't want an abortion...don't have one. But don't presume to make the choice for other women.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM

3,500 posts, read 3,132,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Exactly. If you don't want an abortion...don't have one. But don't presume to make the choice for other women.
And let's not forget that many women who believe in choice choose not to get abortions.
I know, really? Happens all the time! (Not that pro-lifers would have you believe it)

Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM

836 posts, read 1,777,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Women keep deflecting the responsibility onto men, but want complete control over their pregnancy. Many women are incapable of accepting responsibility (as this thread has demonstrated), but want the rights that go along with the responsibility. Essentially, you are girls, not women.

Blame men for your unwanted pregnancy all you want, but ultimately the responsibility lies with you. I wish you would own up to it.

After reading all those posts (many variations of the same), I want so bad for all us girls to take FULL responsibility of our reproductive health and pregnancies and ABSTAIN from sex unless for those 1-2-3+ times required to have a (wanted) baby. Or, to abstain with this bitter individual, period

I wonder if that would be liked better?
(besides, for those unhappy to "foot the bill" for women's health and decisions, this extra procedure will only ADD to the costs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So basically, your views have nothing to do with saving a "baby", and everything to do with punishing women for having sex?
exactly. Maybe, we shouldn't?

Old 03-17-2012, 09:45 PM

836 posts, read 1,777,516 times
Quote:
And for the last time it is more accurate than an abdominal sonogram. If you think that isn't required before an abortion then you don't know much about the medical steps that are taken before an abortion.
Ahem. To judge the "age" of the pregnancy, actually, no sonogram is needed. It used to be judged perfectly well manually, by palpating the size of the uterus through the abdominal wall.
Either way, such accuracy is completely not needed in case of abortion. A few days or even couple weeks of difference, in case of an error, don't come anywhere close to the legal limit (which, btw, I think could stand to be lowered), also, close to that time the size of the uterus would allow a normal US to be just as accurate

Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Amazing that 'small govt, get out of my personal business' repubs sure like to push their noses into women's health issues so much. That politicians feel justified in doing so is frustrating as this stuff should be between the woman, and her doctor. Mr. Empty Suit hypocrite politician has NO business in this matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies