Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 06:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Did anyone have an agenda when Operation Wide Receiver was carried out in 2006-2007?
'Wide Receiver' gun-walking records released by Justice Department - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com
I don't know. What's your opinion? Either way that was a nice attempt to deflect but it fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I don't know. What's your opinion? Either way that was a nice attempt to deflect but it fails.
That`s not an answer rick.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The context of EH's words are clear and the editing of the clip has no bearing whatsover on his intent.

Reducing gun violence is a comendable thought and there are many ways to approach it.

Interesting that Holder chooses the to make guns repulsive as a means to discourage their use and possession.

As firearms are ingrained and seem almost innate in our population especially young boys, you might think stressing gun safety would be a sensible approach to be embraced institutionally by goverment agencies.

I have a note someone sent me from a teacher to a parent concerning her 4 year old, for drawing a picture of a gun in school. The picture is a few random dots that look more like a constellation of a water droplet than any inatimate man made object. the problem was when the kid was asked what he drew, he said it was a gun.

another friend who never had a gun in the house or talked of guns had her 5 year old say he dropped his 'rainbow stick' when they were getting in the car after daycare. She asked, what's a rainboe stick? that's my gun! But i can't say gun in school.

The feds and state have drug saftey, fire safety, driving safety programs for the grade and high schools but no firearm safety programs.

Why would society be so careless as to allow their kids to walk among the profusion of firearms in this country and not prepare them to act responsibily and safely when they might incidently come in contact with a gun?

Obama and his czars have made it clear that they never directly oppose anything that might put them in bad light with the voters. So like a maagician who diverts attention to perform a trick, these charlatans tweak legislation that makes owning and possessing a firearm a difficult task. sure you can keep your own healthcare, you can keep your guns, but it will cost you.

Restricting where guns may be discharged, tax and EPA regs on ammo and firearm manufacturing and sales, insurance costs, medical surveys about guns in the home, changing policies on federally owned land, activist judges such as the idiot in Nj who locked up a guy the new Gov pardoned.

Holder's course is set, there is no statute of limitations or automatic fading with time of radical or ineffective ideas. As EH is embraced by this radical administration he is 'cut of their cloth' and going full steam to save us from ourselves for social justice or the most dispised kind and political gain.

So...you don't have a problem with young gangbangers carrying guns so long as they're trained in their use? You don't see any reason to try and break the societal fascination with firearms in that demographic?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Lock up your guns...and your daughters.

sheesh, must be a slow news day.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:26 AM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
So...you don't have a problem with young gangbangers carrying guns so long as they're trained in their use? You don't see any reason to try and break the societal fascination with firearms in that demographic?
The problem lies with the tactics; i.e., brainwashing. The government should not be in the business of trying to "brainwash" its citizens. Its just wrong. It might be for a "cause" you believe in today, but a different one you don't agree with tomorrow. Think about it.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:48 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
That`s not an answer rick.
You asked a question. I said I don't know. That's an answer. If you can show that the Bush Admin. was anti-gun you might have something there. If not....well not so much

Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
The problem lies with the tactics; i.e., brainwashing. The government should not be in the business of trying to "brainwash" its citizens. Its just wrong. It might be for a "cause" you believe in today, but a different one you don't agree with tomorrow. Think about it.
"Brainwashing" is a specific term with a specific meaning and I got the impression Holder wasn't using it that way. As I recall, without watching it again, he compared that "brainwashing" with the anti-smoking crusade.

If you consider any program to change people's opinions as actual brainwashing, you'll find there's an awful lot of that going on, especially now as various candidates try to "brainwash" people into voting for them.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:10 PM

639 posts, read 828,375 times
The only guns Holder likes are the ones he is handing out to drug cartels

Old 03-19-2012, 12:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, what you watched was an edited version of a 2 hour program on CSPAN covering a symposium on reducing youth violent crime. At the time, Holder dealt with that every day as a part of his job as United States Attorney for the District of Columbia.

His comments were about reducing the attractiveness of guns in a certain segment of the youth population, specifically young, urban gangbangers.

But, it's too late now to point out that his comments were taken out of context because this twisted and incomplete version spread across the extreme right-wing blogosphere as rapidly as syphillus in a cat house. Within hours, it was on hundreds of websites and is now accepted as "truth" by those who aren't interested in the REAL truth but are looking to have their prejudices validated.

This is how legitimately concerned American's are manipulated, but who cares about that? After all, like the President, Holder is a scary black guy in a position of power so any lie or half-truth will be accepted without question.
So you are saying that Holder didn't say those words? Who was President when he said them? What possible context would make the word "brainwash" a legal thing for government to employ? Editing doesn't change the words and obvious meaning of them.

The race card is played once again in defense of government officials both appointed and elected. Fine use of the only tool you people have in defense of Obama and his people, too many times.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
The only guns Holder likes are the ones he is handing out to drug cartels
It seems very possible that you are on task here. I thought when I watched that video about how he would use something like Fast and Furious to brain wash teens or any of us. Oh yeah, his mind is that devious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies