Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 12:43 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

Oh by the way we have had a quite a few robberies as of late, you know bank rip offs and stolen mortages and there have been some shady looking white guys in suits and ties ...........Wheres is my gun?
Right, because not being pretentious and claiming to know exactly what transpired the night Martin was killed suggests that anybody holding that position, by default, advocates white collar crimes...

Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Zimmerman doesn't work, his wife works and the last job he had was 4 years ago working for Carmax.

He sits at home all day long with binoculars staring at the people in his complex and watching their lives and figured he'd play "homeland security cop" and patrol around.

What a douche.
Lol......

ahhh man

Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
People are getting bogged down in the bull$hit of race politics and they're not paying attention to what facts are KNOWN.

This guy was a habitual caller to 911, he would report the most insignificant things and he took classes in law enforcement, no doubt that zimmerman guy knew about the Florida gun laws and thought he was within the law by using his gun against Trayvon.

Stick to the facts people stop burying yourselves in the race bull$hit!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You really should take an aspirin or two, since your head has gotta hurt from so many of these

Oh by the way we have had a quite a few robberies as of late, you know bank rip offs and stolen mortages and there have been some shady looking white guys in suits and ties ...........Wheres is my gun?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Apparently alot of people care since the VERY first news reports were headlines with -

WHITE neighborhood watch man kills BLACK boy.

So get out of here with your "race doesnt matter" garbage. A White man did not kill that black kid - a Latino did. If white people were not framed as the EVIL people from day 1 in this case by the media there would be alot less white folks giving a hoot about the race in this case. But the media had to high light it was a White man as though it mattered so much...Turns out the killer is not white.

Blame the media for the race angle.
See this is where you go astray.

#1- There is nothing wrong with that headline because it is true.
#2- You began to harp on race when you focus more on Zimmerman's race than his crime.
#3-Zimmerman being Latino does not exclude him from also being white. Most surveys, Census reports, etc give you the option to choose race AND ethnicity, not either/or.

I'm sorry if some White people aren't willing to claim this bad apple...I don't blame you. I felt that same way about OJ.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:47 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't understand some people if a woman was being pummeled by a man and she pulled out a gun and killed him wouldn't she be able to claim self-defense even though the man may not be armed?
If she was following him, then provoked the man by confronting him, then asked him what he was doing, he subsequently confronts her, and she shotts him, I, as a woman would feel that she was a murderer and should go to jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Whoopie Goldberg
Had to LOL at that one!

Quote:
No it's a fact. Blacks had been terrorizing his community with a rash of burglaries.

I don't understand are Blacks allowed to launch a campaign of terror and no one should stop them or point out that hey the criminals are Black?
There is no proof of this. Not even in the article you posted. It stated

Quote:
The answer may lie in police records, which show that 50 suspicious-person reports were called in to police in the past year at Twin Lakes. There were eight burglaries, nine thefts and one other shooting in the year prior to Trayvon’s death
Read more here: Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p2/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)
Just because someone "looks suspicious" doesn't mean they are a criminal. According to you, Zimmerman, and the like, any darker skinned person "looks suspicious." You yourself would have "looked suspicious" and become part of the 50 calls. Only 8 burgaries and 9 thefts took place the ENTIRE YEAR before this boy was killed. That is VERY low. Seventeen theft crimes is nothing.

Quote:
I've posted it numerous times. Here you go again

: Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p2/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Blacks move in launch a crime wave in a formerly nice development and act shocked when atleast one person stands up to them. Trayvon was a victim of the Black community's inability to raise children properly.
Like I said above, there was no "crime wave" it was 17 crimes over the course of a year. Look up spotcrime.com and see how many similar crimes was reported in your own area over the past year. This community is very lucky to have such a low crime rate and it is just amazing since this community is (from your article ) "majority minority" meaning blacks and hispanics outnumber the whites there by a slight margin so your whole argument is false.

Quote:
He fit the profile of those robbing and shooting up the development. He was not a resident nor known prescence in the community. I'm not asserting he deserved death, that's absurd but I'm used to this emotional form of debate from Blacks and the non-Black leftist allies.

I am however asserting that Zimmerman had every right and reason to initially profile Trayvon. Obviously events took a tragic turn after that for reasons yet to be determined.
There was no "shooting up the development" going on. Your article mentioned one shooting only, I repeat 17 robberies over the past year and one shooting. One shooting over the course of a year in a neighborhood is also a very good statistic. A "shooting" can mean a gun going off for any reason, not specifically someone being shot at.

Quote:
Read the article he has caught several of them before. Have a nice day.
I read it, he did not "catch" several of them. One of his friends, another neighborhood watch person, who also was portrayed as rather nutty in your article said that Zimmerman called him after he saw a black guys doing "surveillance" on his house, which had an open window and that Zimmerman "thwarted" the theives away. No other description. That "survellance" could have been some people walking down the street like Martin and talking on a cell phone. He also was mentioned to have "caught a thief" and an "arrest" was made. This woman is not the police or any law enforcement, evidently, in their neighborhood, as is referenced in your article, if you are a black man walking around, Zimmerman would call the police. Most of the time when a black man is said to "look suspicious" he will be arrested. That does not mean that Zimmerman stopped a crime at all. My 40 year old husband has been accused of "looking suspicious" and has been arrested and released the same day, charges dropped due to fabrication (and we file a complaint with the police department for arresting him for no reason).

You need to find more proof to back up your claims of black men running wild in this development. Eighteen crimes over the course of a year is nothing. There was no "crime wave" going on there at all.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:48 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Quote:
Exactly the only reason this a newstory is the shooter is not Black and the victim was Black.
The reason this is news is because the guy isn't in jail.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sorry if some White people aren't willing to claim this bad apple...I don't blame you. I felt that same way about OJ.
That's the problem..(with you)....

You see it as an issue of "claiming"

Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Deal with the facts that we know! Stop debating the race angle it's not going to be viable in court!

Stick with the FACTS!

Quote:
Zimmerman — 21 at the time — was at a bar near the University of Central Florida when a friend was arrested by state alcohol agents on suspicion of serving underage drinkers, according to an arrest report.
Quote:
court records show, a woman filed a petition for an injunction against Zimmerman, citing domestic violence. It’s unclear what led to the petition, but Zimmerman responded by filing a petition of his own the following day.
Quote:
Capital One accused Zimmerman of failing to pay more than $1,000. He settled with the company for $2,135.82, records show, to cover his debts with interest, as well as attorney and court costs. However, the credit-card company soon reported that Zimmerman wasn’t making the payments he had agreed to.
Quote:
Police say Zimmerman had called to report suspicious people on multiple occasions, just as he did when he saw Trayvon. In the past 15 months, he made 46 calls to Sanford police, according to records.

George Zimmerman: Who is neighborhood watch volunteer who killed Trayvon Martin? (http://www.theprovince.com/news/George+Zimmerman+neighborhood+watch+volunteer+kill ed+Trayvon+Martin/6336669/story.html - broken link)

JUST THE FACTS JACK!

Old 03-23-2012, 12:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
How many co-sponsors?? Out of how many??
Forget co-spopnsors. I posted the the links to the AUTHORS of the law stating that Zimmerman should be arrested. You had to have seen these links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies