Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 03:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Huh a case from nearly 20 years ago. A case where language as a barrier. Africans especially non-Nigerians tend to be very scared of police the poor man was just too nervous and mistakenly took out his wallet instead of complying fully with the officers' direction.

The cops fearing a gun shot him. I never understood why race was interjected into that case as well but the usual suspects latched on and zoom we were off.
Diallo was just a "poor, scared African man," while Trayvon Martin was a "thug" who deserved it.

Could you be any more hypocritical?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,840,077 times
Quote:
I'll watch the clip later but if you dress like a thug don't be surprised to be mistaken for one.
I can't tell by your post if you are rolling your eyes at the stupidity of this stereotype or actually making this statement. Way back in the 60s and 70s there was a stereotype about people who had long hair. Guess that was before Fabio was on the cover of romance novels.

I just don't understand why wearing a hoodie in the rain means you're a thug. Honestly, I really don't. Does Eddie Bauer specialize in clothing for thugs? How about L.L. Bean? Macy's sells hoodies too. Do these high end clothing manufacturers and retail outlets target thugs?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:31 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,083,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
One source says tardiness....another says he was in an "unauthorized area"...

One says 10 days, which tardiness is not considered. Another says 5...

Which one is it???

Zimmermans neighbors also have nothing but glowing accounts of him...says he was a model neighbor....
You know what? I don't care if he was suspended for standing on his head naked at noon in the town square. That has absolutely nothing in this world to do with him being gunned down at 7 pm walking back from the store. Good grief. Are you actually for real?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,532,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Someone asked why every thread about blacks ends up being about EdwardA - I think that question should be directed toward EdwardA since he keeps making a point in every thread to attempt to distance himself from the "black community", then tells every black American that they are part of it and need to correct it, but that he is not a part of it because he is not the descendent of slaves...smh. He then goes with more insults like telling blacks that we are emotional, have no analytical skills, are monolithic, stuck on a plantation and whine too much. Maybe he wants attention.

This is really getting old. I asked if it was skin color or ancestry that make you a part of the so-called "black community". When you are discriminated against or a victim of police brutatlity based on race, no one cares about your ancestry. I am not sure why he condones racism and focuses only on what needs to be corrected internally in the "black community" but I really am tired of typing and reading about it.

Back to Trayvon....

I think........I'll ignore him from now on. I really don't believe he's an African descendant anyway.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,521,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Exactly the point I was just making to a friend. In their wildest dreams (or nightmares) they never imagined that this would go all the way to the top. Many there are crapping in their pants and shaking in their boots right about now and rightly so. Maybe a dose of fear will wake them up to what fear feels like and their fear is just a fraction of what Trayvon Martin was feeling in those last minutes of his short life.
Yes, it also speaks volumes about a lack of "critical thinking". Some amount of common sense should have made someone think "gee this is 2012 not 1968, this story will be on the Internet soon".

The problem is in FL there are so many killings and everyone claims they were "threatened". I don't even think the police are objective.

They saw a guy hired to be a neighborhood watch(so he can't be in the wrong) and a black kid who techinically didn't live there, even though he was staying there.

So of course the neighborhood watch guy must be in the right.

They're also not anywhere close to having the type of training you find in NY, LA, Dallas, in regards to police depts.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,193,594 times
Quote:
Well this is essentially what I've been saying all this time. Although Zimmerman did not try and make a citizen arrest he was simply following him.

The police could have done a better job in hindsight, I'll concede that point as well. Trayvon didn't need to be killed, I sincerely wish he wasn't. He seemed to be a good kid with a future.

My point remains that it's the Black community needs to take responsibility for the excess crime it produces. Yelling and screaming in the streets and not addressing this will just cause another nice kid to be slain by a person profiling him.
While you might be saying "essentially" the same thing, you are going about it in a really offensive and defamatory way.

re: the Black community's response to violence. What are you doing to deal with the issues? You are a Black American just like I am...why are you exempted from this call to action?

But FYI: What I'm doing is living a life free of crime and I'm raising children who are upstanding moral people. They will understand, through my example, the value of a good education. I also work with other children and teens and there is a high level of importance placed on personal accountability, self-esteem and education.

What are you doing?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. You should be your neighborhood's Zimmerman, since like him you are obsessed with the idea of the criminality of black men. Don't forget to call the police on yourself every once in a while and don't get upset if you call and they question you about your own identity.
LOL..I can just imagine it. Ed creeping around to report someone "suspicious" while his white neighbor reports him.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,083,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
It's shameful how they are criminalizing Trayvon. Just shameful. Now folks are latching onto a school suspension to somehow find fault?? Truly despicable. I can only hope that the people saying these things aren't parents.

Folks are so focused on being right, that they are going about it in all the wrong ways. They are forgetting that there is an innocent young man involved. Trayvon didn't deserve to die this way. His life was just as precious as any one of our own children:
I agree. It is amazing to me how many people are invested in finding some way to blame and innocent young man just so they can cling to their prejudice and their vile belief that a black life has no value.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,732,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I still haven't figured out why everyone is still arguing Zimmerman's level of Hispanishness, or Jewishness, or Whiteness.

His degree of whiteness didn't kill that kid, a gun that Zimmerman used shot that kid. Zimmerman stalked that kid and killed him in cold blood.

That's what's on the table here, whiteness can't be argued in court. It's totally irrelevant.

And I couldn't care less about what Zimmerman's father says about him having "multiracial family members" Who the F cares!
I owe you half a dozen reps.
Zimmerman's father doesn't grasp the 'white defense' doesn't cut it? That's telling about his father's racism. Principles and truth are colorless. Suck up to Prosperity Preacher politicians is his concept of America? WTF is that noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So by default,he is hispanic.

In any event,he still is racist. The word coon says it all.
Having racist/ ignorant views isn't the crime. If ignorance were outlawed we'd all be in jail. Animating racism by inflicting those views on my countrymen is the crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Here's the statement; it's hardly incendiary.

Obama Remarks on Trayvon Martin Case Video
Road is the 'victim' of a dead 17 yr old. Susan Smith Party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I'm sorry if some White people aren't willing to claim this bad apple...I don't blame you. I felt that same way about OJ.
Hahahaha! The amorphous blob black community vs the amorphous blob white community? I don't want anything to do with defective male Palin. What culture is responsible for legalized prostitute selling her country out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
FARRAKHAN TWEETS: ‘WHERE THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE WILL BE NO PEACE…LAW OF RETALIATION MAY…BE APPLIED’
Louis Farrakhan Tweets Curious Messages About Peace & Justice | Trayvon Martin | TheBlaze.com
The Palin of black folks!!
That freak needs a knee to his groin for all the insane paranoia he's filled in the ears of youth. Would the black community ever want to get at the roots of evil these old timers walking around like senile cats in the streets carrying on about kill the whitey-- there's your black KKK grand wizard of BS laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
We're not allowed to carry guns in Maryland and the thugs in Maryland are armed. Besides who said I'm not part of the neighborhood watch? We have an active chapter in our area which thankfully hasn't descended into chaos as nearby communities have in Southern PG.
Care to share your city, state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies