Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 07:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,822,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
For quite awhile the whole thing seemed obvious: Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin and, essentially, executed him.

But now there's supposedly a witness that saw Martin attack Zimmerman, and that it was Zimmerman who was screaming for help?

Unfortunately, no matter what the truth actually is, this has turned into an international racial catastrophe.
Some of us NEVER bought the bull**** story that many are still trying to push about what went on that evening. There's no way Trayvon would have ever been caught if Zimmerman was chasing him trying to execute him. Zimmerman did what he had to do to save his own life from this little goon, it's sad that someone had to die but at least it wasn't the guy who was being beaten.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:50 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,898,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
For quite awhile the whole thing seemed obvious: Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin and, essentially, executed him.
So the fella wanted to execute the kid but decided to let him break his nose first?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,531,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I was reading some of the news reports out there.
Witnesses didn't specify the time, but some of the news stations were saying 2am.

I can't take off the ruby slippers though because my three year old has just started watching the Wizzard of Oz on the Cartoon Network right now.
Well at least take the dress off you're confusing the child.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM

9,005 posts, read 13,773,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But see, the race baiters, like Jackson, Sharpton, Black Panthers, the media won't let that happen.

They have their story - only more blood will do.

The NBPP has put out wanted signs for Zimmerman, have threatened him repeatedly....and nothing is done.
Well,if justice isn't served,what do you think would happen?

Did Zimmerman at least apologize to the family?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,791,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Either way, Zimmerman will be a martyr to racists.
I lived several years in Sanford. They do have a crime problem there, but I think Vigilantes are not the way it should be dealt with. That is the problem with this Law, if enables Vigilantes like Zimmerman.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,285,703 times
An inconvenient truth? Sounds like he was defending himself.

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman (http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012 - broken link)

My question to Ya'll. If you are on your back, a football player
(in much better shape than you) is punching you in the face,
do you lay there and get beaten to death, or do you stop that
beating any way you can?

At this point, it doesn't matter who's fault it is. Race is not a
factor. The circumstances that preceded this point in time are
irrelevent.

''He won't stop hitting me, I can't stop him from hitting me. I
believe I am blacking out. I don't want to die.''

Do you continue to be pummeled, or stop it.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:54 PM

7,886 posts, read 9,083,435 times
Ah, the typical overemotion towards our media's latest 15 minutes of obsessive fame, soon to be replaced by the next obsession.

Tayvon, Casey Anthony, OJ, etc etc. Watch the media circus, the threats of violence, the arm chair quarterbacking............all accomplishing nothing except raising blood pressures.

How about letting the new investigation take place, see if it causes an arrest to be made, then see a court case develop?

9,005 posts, read 13,773,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hey, at least someone has come up with a more recent photo of this poor, defenseless baby Trayvon (who witnesses saw on top of Zimmerman beating him, a man who eventually shot him in self defense.)

Anyone want to still claim that he couldn't hurt a fly?
So now,because he is a black men,he doesn't look innocent?

There is a very hot place with flames awaiting so called Christians like yourself.

18,630 posts, read 19,346,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Hey, at least someone has come up with a more recent photo of this poor, defenseless baby Trayvon (who witnesses saw on top of Zimmerman beating him, a man who eventually shot him in self defense.)

Anyone want to still claim that he couldn't hurt a fly?
There's a pic floating around with him in gold teeth. However he did appear to be raised by a good family. There were family pics at ski resorts and other activities.

I don't think he is a bad kid by any stretch. I'm of the view he was scared of Zimmerman following him and his fight or flight reflex kicked in. He chose to fight and he was doing well but Zimmerman was armed and the rest is history.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:55 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,822,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,if justice isn't served,what do you think would happen?

Did Zimmerman at least apologize to the family?
For what? For slamming his head and nose into Trayvon's fist while he was laying on the ground?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies