Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Actually, I could definitely see Zimmerman being the guy who yelled. I absolutely could. The more you add it up, the more I come to the conclusion that this was not just a hotheaded 'tard with a gun who shot off his mouth first and pistol second; I am beginning to think that the whole thing was planned out carefully and almost methodically.

Zimmerman is a man with a documented history of violence and is someone who is obsessed with blacks who fit a criminal profile. Against the backdrop of actual crimes committed, he takes it upon himself to volunteer to be the neighborhood security guard. He then uses that to legitimize his obsession with young black men who fit the profile. He stakes out his position, and he spends his time lying in wait; waiting for someone who falls into his trap. He starts calling 911 on a regular basis, reporting black suspects as many as 49 times over several months.

One night, Trayvon Martin fell into Zimmerman's trap. Zimmerman had been waiting for him, and Zimmerman decided he was going to confront this kid with a gun. Maybe he was going to be a 'hero' or maybe he was just trying to be a bully. Who knows, who cares? The trap, the cover for Zimmerman's actions begin with the phone call, in which he says "There's something wrong with him." "I don't know what his problem is." "He's got something in his waistband" "He's got something in his hand" And on and on...

Tell me, if any sane person really felt threatened by someone who was carrying an unidentified object in his waistband (i.e. a gun), do you think he would actually go out and confront him? Would you or anyone you know go out and confront someone who is suspicious, potentially criminal-minded, and possibly carrying a lethal weapon in his waistband? Ummmm, no. Doesn't pass the bullsh*t test, does it?

Why did the 911 dispatcher tell Zimmerman not to confront Martin? Because of what I said above: normal people who have reason to fear a potential criminal when it's dark outside and knowing they might be carrying a weapon don't confront criminals. They just don't. Not unless they're officers of the law; or unless they're suicidal; or unless they're high; or unless they're ex-Marines who have experience in combat and just don't give a f*ck. Zimmerman might have been insane and I'm guessing the police tested him for drugs to make sure he wasn't high.

But otherwise, let's face the real facts here: Zimmerman wasn't really scared of Tayron Martin. He was feeling an adrenaline rush. He wanted to confront and attack Martin. And he wanted to unleash whatever frustration and anger was pent up inside of him on this poor, unsuspected kid who's only crime was to walk outside of his dad's neighborhood at night while being black. The 911 call was his "cover" and him trying to lay down his justification to officers for whatever came next. I don't know if he knew that he was going to kill Martin, but I think he definitely considered it a possible result of the confrontation that he had already decided was inevitable in his mind. Zimmerman targeted this kid, and Zimmerman killed this kid with malice aforethought. As far as I'm concerned, he's a cold blooded murderer.
It certainly fits the profile. His history of violence. A judge's son who has seen others that have connections within Sanford law enforcement go scott free after assaulting someone. He was released without being charged after assaulting a cop...daddy's connections again. As I have said before, much will come out in the wash.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:33 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Several people are having a difficult time understanding that Mr. Block Watch is the cause of this entire incident.
Some people have a difficult time understanding that even the stupid have a right to defend themselves.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
How much money do you wish to bet on that?

Please show us the record of anyone that saw how this fight started.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:34 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yes there is, the police have a statement from a man who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating him. That supports Zimmerman's claim, so does the 911 call and the cries for help.
Seeing a fight after it starts is not the same as seeing a fight start.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Actually, I could definitely see Zimmerman being the guy who yelled. I absolutely could. The more you add it up, the more I come to the conclusion that this was not just a hotheaded 'tard with a gun who shot off his mouth first and pistol second; I am beginning to think that the whole thing was planned out carefully and almost methodically.
I thought you were sensible during our little exchanges now I see you have completely lost it.

Quote:
Zimmerman is a man with a documented history of violence and is someone who is obsessed with blacks who fit a criminal profile. Against the backdrop of actual crimes committed, he takes it upon himself to volunteer to be the neighborhood security guard.
He also has a documented history of helping cops capture criminal suspects. Even his black neighbors support him and his efforts. They also know who is responsible for the crimes in their hood.

Quote:
“He once caught a thief and an arrest was made,” said Cynthia Wibker, secretary of the homeowners association. “He helped solve a lot of crimes.”

Zimmerman told neighbors about stolen laptops and unsavory characters. Ibrahim Rashada, a 25-year-old African American who works at U.S. Airways, once spotted young men cutting through the woods entering the complex on foot, and later learned items were stolen those days.

“It’s a gated community, but you can walk in and steal whatever you want,” Rashada’s wife, Quianna, said.

They discussed the topic with Zimmerman when the watch captain knocked on their door late last year. Zimmerman seemed friendly, helpful, and a “pretty cool dude,” Ibrahim Rashada said.

“He came by here and talked about carrying guns and getting my wife more involved with guns,” he said. “He said I should have a weapon and that his wife took classes to learn how to use one.

“I do have a weapon, but I don’t walk around the neighborhood with mine!”

Actually, he does not walk around the neighborhood at all.

“I fit the stereotype he emailed around,” he said. “Listen, you even hear me say it: ‘A black guy did this. A black guy did that.’ So I thought, ‘Let me sit in the house. I don’t want anyone chasing me.’ ”

Read more here: Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p2/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)
Quote:
He then uses that to legitimize his obsession with young black men who fit the profile. He stakes out his position, and he spends his time lying in wait; waiting for someone who falls into his trap. He starts calling 911 on a regular basis, reporting black suspects as many as 49 times over several months.
With good reason. Frankly I can find better uses of my time than spending hours watching the neighborhood but it's his life.

Quote:
One night, Trayvon Martin fell into Zimmerman's trap. Zimmerman had been waiting for him, and Zimmerman decided he was going to confront this kid with a gun. Maybe he was going to be a 'hero' or maybe he was just trying to be a bully. Who knows, who cares? The trap, the cover for Zimmerman's actions begin with the phone call, in which he says "There's something wrong with him." "I don't know what his problem is." "He's got something in his waistband" "He's got something in his hand" And on and on...
Trap okay.

Quote:
Tell me, if any sane person really felt threatened by someone who was carrying an unidentified object in his waistband (i.e. a gun), do you think he would actually go out and confront him? Would you or anyone you know go out and confront someone who is suspicious, potentially criminal-minded, and possibly carrying a lethal weapon in his waistband? Ummmm, no. Doesn't pass the bullsh*t test, does it?
Yes it's called the fight or flight response human beings are wired for this as are most animals.

Quote:
Why did the 911 dispatcher tell Zimmerman not to confront Martin? Because of what I said above: normal people who have reason to fear a potential criminal when it's dark outside and knowing they might be carrying a weapon don't confront criminals. They just don't. Not unless they're officers of the law; or unless they're suicidal; or unless they're high; or unless they're ex-Marines who have experience in combat and just don't give a f*ck. Zimmerman might have been insane and I'm guessing the police tested him for drugs to make sure he wasn't high.
Standard instruction, not legally enforceable.

Quote:
But otherwise, let's face the real facts here: Zimmerman wasn't really scared of Tayron Martin. He was feeling an adrenaline rush. He wanted to confront and attack Martin.
No evidence of that just conjecture on your part.

Quote:
And he wanted to unleash whatever frustration and anger was pent up inside of him on this poor, unsuspected kid who's only crime was to walk outside of his dad's neighborhood at night while being black.
His dad does not live in the neighborhood.

Quote:
The 911 call was his "cover" and him trying to lay down his justification to officers for whatever came next. I don't know if he knew that he was going to kill Martin, but I think he definitely considered it a possible result of the confrontation that he had already decided was inevitable in his mind. Zimmerman targeted this kid, and Zimmerman killed this kid with malice aforethought. As far as I'm concerned, he's a cold blooded murderer.
Do you wear a tin foil hat?

1,147 posts, read 1,898,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Yes there is, the police have a statement from a man who saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman beating him. That supports Zimmerman's claim, so does the 911 call and the cries for help.
So, he was losing the fight he started. Prove otherwise to be true.

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Seeing a fight after it starts is not the same as seeing a fight start.
True, but at this point we only have one person to tell us what took place and since everything else he's said appears to be true I don't see why we should not believe him on this one.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually the thread is a whole lot of ignoring the one witness who saw the physical confrontation and Florida law and trying to label a hispanic white by the loony left.
The loony left? Zimmerman is the one who used "White" when he gave his report to the police.

Now that people are listening to the tapes and mentioning his possible racial slurs, we suddenly hear "Oh, he's Latino and has lots of Black friends." So why did he make nearly 50 calls to the police complaining of Black people as young as 7 years old acting suspiciously in his neighborhood? You are reminding me of the man who said to me "I live in a really nice community. We don't have any Blacks living there." When I told him that was a terribly racist thing to say, he answered, "I'm not a racist. I voted for Obama."

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
So, he was losing the fight he started. Prove otherwise to be true.
He was taking a beating on the ground which is where he landed after Trayvon jumped him from behind and caused the injury to the back of his head. Prove otherwise to be true.

613 posts, read 759,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah..that Zimmerman...I bet he couldn't wait to gun down a black teen. I bet that's been a life long goal for him.

He planned it out alright...including calling the police ahead of time.

There is a good reason the police didn't arrest the man on the spot - because the WITNESS saw what happened.
Police make mistakes and Florida has stupid laws. Everybody in Florida knows if you kill somebody to claim it was done in self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies