Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That being said why did'nt he shot him in the leg or arm since he was that close and wait until the police got there? Maybe he did not want any witnesses
Because when you take the course to get a concealed handgun permit like Zimmerman has (I have one as well) you are taught to shoot to eliminate the threat, not to wound someone until the cops can get there. If someone is on top of me I'm not going to waste my time trying to hit them in the leg or arm, I'm shooting center mass and I'm triple tapping them to make sure they're done.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why would you expect that?
I just would. I've never been in a life or death situation but from my personal experience when something is scaring me I don't just stop screaming right away...even after it's over. Hell on roller coaster rides when it's pretty much "over" I'm that person who is still catching my breath. So it is hard for me to imagine screaming like the person on the tapes and then stopping so suddenly especially if the person fell on top of me.

But like I said, if the equipment is utilized they will determine who was screaming.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Another gem from the Land of Reason.

"Hey, I'm getting pummeled! Let me get my gun and try and shoot him on the leg instead of aiming for center mass."
It's pretty easy to see which members are the typical anti-gun ignorant people who know nothing about firearms but claim to have all the answers about them at the same time.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Zimmerman is only 24, he's still a young person too.

If this took place on my property I wouldn't have stayed on with 911 long enough for them to make a suggestion for me to stay inside my home or car. I'm going to do what I need to do to protect my home and family, no matter what any ignorant 911 dispatcher thinks I should do.

But, it was not on his property and he was driving around looking for something to do. Answer this, why was trayvon's body tested for drugs and alcohol but the shooter was not even after one of the officers said that he sounded like he had been drinking?

Old 03-24-2012, 10:39 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Zimmerman was attacked by Trayvon, that's why he was screaming for help.
"Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help.

The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.

The Sanford Police Department refused to release 911 calls by witnesses and neighbors."

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/US/neighborhood-watch-shooting-trayvon-martin-probe-reveals-questionable/story?id=15907136#.T26gjjHy-p0]Neighborhood Watch Shooting of Trayvon Martin: Probe Reveals 'Questionable Police Conduct' - ABC News[/url]

Old 03-24-2012, 10:40 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
but from my personal experience when something is scaring me I don't just stop screaming right away...even after it's over.
Note to Self:NEVER attend a horror/scary movie with natalayjones.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Note to Self:NEVER attend a horror/scary movie with natalayjones.
Yeah, I don't go to horror/scary movies. I don't like being terrified

Old 03-24-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
But, it was not on his property and he was driving around looking for something to do. Answer this, why was trayvon's body tested for drugs and alcohol but the shooter was not even after one of the officers said that he sounded like he had been drinking?
I'm not a Sanford police officer, maybe you should ask them that.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Show me the statement where the witness confirmed Martin jumping him from behind and hitting him in the back of the head.

You're saying it's true so there must be a video, a call, an article...

If this really happened why don't the police have pictures of him while he was at the station bloodied and beat up? If a woman is raped or a domestic dispute or any other crime that involves physical altercations they normally take pictures. As far as anyone knows he could have done those things to himself AFTER he came home from the station

Old 03-24-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
That being said why did'nt he shot him in the leg or arm since he was that close and wait until the police got there? Maybe he did not want any witnesses
I'm sorry but that's just stupid.

Quote:
It wasn't one of the Sanford police officers who said he sounded like he'd been drinking; it was an officer from somewhere else who heard the 9-11 tapes. Drug testing him at that point would have been moot since weeks had already passed.

However, by not drug testing him that night is just another area where Sanford PD failed to do their job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies