Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 03:32 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,374,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
This makes folks happy? That a fellow citizen has to go in hiding because a rabid mob wants to do the same to him they claim he did to the kid? Wow is all I can say. Some are so far lost it's beyond belief.
The honest answer?

Damn right I'm happy about it.

He had no problem going out a killing an unarmed kid who presented no danger to society.

If you look at Zimmerman's record of getting into fights with cops, domestic violence episodes with his girlfriend he has all the marks of a piece of work to me. From where I am sitting it is Zimmerman who is a danger to society. And if the cops won't take his a** off the streets where he could do the exact same thing again and get away with it then I am happy as I can be that public opinion did what the cops in Sanford - for whatever reason - did not do.

He feels like he is not safe on the streets? Poor baby. He should have thought of that before he took a life. He can always turn himself in, he'd be safe in jail, right?

Just for the record - I don't see this as a racist hate crime so much as I think Zimmerman was doing racial profiling. I am convinced that if Trayvor had been white, Zimmerman would not have trailed him. I also think that if Zimmerman had killed awhite boy, the cops would have taken him into custody.

For my money this was a wannabe cop who felt like he was 6" taller and 50 lbs lighter cruising the neighborhood packing heat and looking for bad guys to apprehend. And who had no clue what he was doing.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,780,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
If Zimmerman has any brains at all, he will be scared to death of almost everyone for the rest of his life. He has to be one of the most hated people in the United States right now and his picture has been on the internet and TV now for days. This scumbag punk will be looking over his shoulder for the remainder of his time left on this planet. I can almost guarantee that someone is going to eventually put him down like the diseased animal that he is.
I tried to respond to your post in the other thread but they shut it down. Along the lines of what you said there, and above--- when actions have consequences, we ought to shield them? When hate mongers of any color or creed instigating strife and sh*tting up an entire city like Sanford are out of control with themselves, how does this 'stand your ground' law apply to all others sick to death of these creeps?

Shall America stand it's ground AGAINST a gated community? That appears to be what it's residents are most fearful of. The law is a double edged sword, they forget. I'd rather not see violence, but this law needs to be put in the shredder immediately before people flirt with more disaster. Same with patriot act insanity giving license to politicians to randomly select 'enemy combatants', but that's another thread.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:35 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Zimmerman had a stab wound and lacerations, besides a bloody nose, according to the police report. How did they get there? I'm not going to take any side on this yet, the kid doesn't sound like any innocent angel to me. This was also a gated neighborhood so the kid shouldn't of been there in the first place. Something's fishy here. Before the lynch mobs come out wait and see what really happened.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I heard that Zimmerman assaulted a police officer and resisted arrest awhile back. Charges were utimately dropped...weird. There is speculation that he might have been an informer and got a free pass. I guess we will have to wait and see what comes out in the wash.
That is weird. If you mess with the police you usually aren't even offered a plea deal. To have the charges dropped completely is really strange.

This is the first time I have heard the informer theory. It makes perfect sense, there is definately some reason why the police department went out of their way to scratch this guy's back after he killed an unarmed person.

Unfortunately, the only way the truth is ever going to come out is if the shooter is taken to Guantanamo and squeezed for information. If he ever is charged, his lawyers will make sure that he does not answer any questions and he will never take the stand if it gets to trial.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This was also a gated neighborhood so the kid shouldn't of been there in the first place.
He was visiting his father who LIVES there.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
Zimmerman had a stab wound and lacerations, besides a bloody nose, according to the police report. How did they get there? I'm not going to take any side on this yet, the kid doesn't sound like any innocent angel to me. This was also a gated neighborhood so the kid shouldn't of been there in the first place. Something's fishy here. Before the lynch mobs come out wait and see what really happened.
His father lived there.... he had every right to be there

Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Really? Where did you get your information, Stormfront? First of all, Trayvon was with his father in the gated community. He was walking to the store and on his way back to a condo in the gated community. Why shouldn't he have been there? Furthermore, Zimmerman followed him after being told not to. Do you know what condition Trayvon's body was in? He had nothing to stab Zimmerman with, he was found with a bag of skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea in his pocket. There are facts out there, try reading and listening to the 911 tapes before you parrot something you read on some blog or forum, it makes you appear very ignorant.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:42 PM

I think we might have just seen a demonstration of the underlying problem.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I dont think the Police Chief should take any fall for this. Isnt it up to the Prosecutor to handle it? Arent they responsible for bringing charges?

The Sanford PD botched this from the get-go. Zimmerman was taken in briefly for questioning, had no tests for drugs or alcohol and walked out wearing the same clothing that he wore during the altercation...no forensic evidence now. They didn't even confiscate his gun. For three days the parents of Trayvon were desperately looking for their son who the police had listed as a John Doe, even though they had possession of his cell phone and could have determined his identity easily. Inept for a Chief of Police.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Has Zimmerman had his trial already? I failed to see that one.
He should have been arrested, but was not. That's why this incident caught fire over a month after the shooting. Where have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies