Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 09:26 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You are sick to keep going on and on on these boards that this boy was killed due to some sort of statistics of other black people. Very sick indeed.

The majority of black men are not criminal, only a small minority of them are. Out of 40 million black people in this country only 2.8 million, a little over 5% of us and this includes both men and women, were arrested for any sort of violent crime. (Source 2010 uniform crime statistics USA) So your whole premise of young black males being some sort of violent meandering mess and the majority of them out committing heinous acts is GROSSLY incorrect.

Also, you say you are black so I guess if you or your brother or even your father is murdered in the same fashion as young Trayvon, you deserve it since so many black men are criminals.

You are full of crap and you probably know it, which is why you keep trying to pull this BS on the many threads that have been raised on this subject. You can rail all you want against the statistics on black people but make sure to make them more realistic when it comes to crime. Ninety-five percent (95%) of black people are not criminals and do not commit crimes and are not arrested. Also take into account of the fact that the arrests cited in the source do not show convictions. I would guess at least 30% of those arrested were not convicted. I know someone who is a part of the 2009 statistics who was arrested for murder but eventually he went to trial and was acquitted so was not an actual murderer. You should really stop pushing your crap and I so hope you are just a person looking for laughs with an idiotic, self-hating, internet alias persona.
Amen.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It's in PDF format .. which I hate so I'll give a breakdown of what 'someone' else who read it says:

Another version:

Keep in mind .. This is NOT my breakdown of the report .. It is someone else's!

Did I mention that I 'Hate' PDF!?

(And my grammar and spelling are Much better )

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Twin%20Lakes%20Shooting%20Initial%20Report.pdf (broken link)
Confirms what many suspect.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They'd rather yell and scream and blame everyone under the sun than fix their rotting communities. I guess fixing their communities would actually require hard work.

Um. Dude. You are black. What are you doing to fix your rotting community?

Quote:
Who says something similar was not said? His own mom says Treyvon is capable of mouthing off if he felt threatened. The Black community does not teach respect to their kids. I've seen Black kids talk to adults any which way. For a kid raised by Africans I was shocked when I first was exposed to this behavior in junior high.
Um since you are a black american, were you raised with respect? I know I was. Same for my family, my friends and their family, my wife and her family and ect. Ow and for the record I've seen kids of all "races" talk to adults any which way. But I'm not going to come on the internet and say the " " community does not teach respect to their kids.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'm curious...what is it they mean when
they chant "No justice, no peace?"
Do what we want or we'll riot?

BTW, I think Zimmerman should be charged with manslaughter.
He wasn't "Standing his ground," he was pursuing the "suspect,"
without authority and after the police told him to stand down.
I think it means if they don't get justice, then they will make a lot of noise until there is justice.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Um. Dude. You are black. What are you doing to fix your rotting community?

Um since you are a black american, were you raised with respect? I know I was. Same for my family, my friends and their family, my wife and her family and ect. Ow and for the record I've seen kids of all "races" talk to adults any which way. But I'm not going to come on the internet and say the " " community does not teach respect to their kids.
I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I'm not one of you and never will be. None of my ancestors were slaves on an American plantation. I'm a Ghanaian American of free mind.

You are not the final arbiter of identity.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:35 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,043,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I think it means if they don't get justice, then they will make a lot of noise until there is justice.
And by justice, do they mean "the outcome they desire," not justice as it would normally be defined?

Quote:
I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I'm not one of you and never will be. None of my ancestors were slaves on an American plantation. I'm a Ghanaian American of free mind.

You are not the final arbiter of identity.
So... are you black, or white?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM

Can someone from the rabid pro Trayvon crowd explain to us what we are to take from the police report? The police find a man bloodied and beaten are we too brush that aside. It appears the media has because I haven't seen it mention in any reports but I'm wondering what other posters think?

Old 03-22-2012, 09:38 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
So, just to clarify....

Blacks offing other Blacks: Not newsworthy
Whites offing other Whites: Not newsworthy
Browns offing other Browns: Not newsworthy
Asians offing other Asians: Not newsworthy

Blacks/Whites/Browns/Asians/Etc. offing someone that's not like them: Front page news and people going crazy like the world is going to end.

* The above does not apply to any of those crazy fellas that engage in mass murder/killing sprees cause we all know the media eats that stuff up.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It's in PDF format .. which I hate so I'll give a breakdown of what 'someone' else who read it says:
I'm dying to know where they read any of that because the PDF file that has been linked to records no such statement. In fact other than Officer RICARDO AYALA identifying Zimmerman as a white male , Officer AYALA writes:

"Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid (for his life threatening injuries no doubt: OVC) by the SFD. While SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I over heard him state "I was yelling for someone to help me, but no one would help me." At no point did I question Zimmerman about the incident that had taken place. Once Zimmerman was cleared by the SFD (for his life threatening injuries I assume:OVC), he was transported to the Sanfor Police Department."

What is interesting however is that the original description of the offense was Homicide-Negligent Manslaughter Unnecessary Killing To Prevent Unlawful Act.

782.11 Unnecessary killing to prevent unlawful act.—Whoever shall unnecessarily kill another, either while resisting an attempt by such other person to commit any felony, or to do any other unlawful act, or after such attempt shall have failed, shall be deemed guilty of manslaughter, a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
I am dying to know how Florida reconciles this with the "Stand Your Ground" statute.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Blacks/Whites/Browns/Asians/Etc. offing someone that's not like them: Front page news and people going crazy like the world is going to end.
Actually news meeting make these decisions based a, on the severity or bizarreness of the crime or a compelling story about the victim, no matter who the perpetrator (unless of course they are a celebrity) or the ability of a community or family to mobilize public attention.

It's call the general rule of man bites dog vs dog bites man,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies