Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,795,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I want the shooter dead too. How 'bout that?

Zimmerman deserves capital punishment.
Just curious, would you be saying the same thing about a black man who murders a white person?

(that's a simple yes or no question by the way).

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
According to the block watchers own phone call to 911 his self defense claim is total baseless nonsense.

If this self defense claim works and the block watcher is not put on trial for murder, I'm going to start stalking random people, call 911 and say the person I'm following is acting suspiciously and trying to get away from me (which they will be), confront the person, then shoot the person because I feel threatened. Perhaps the person I shoot was suspended from school or something, which will prove I was correct for shooting the person.
Pretty sick stuff, man. Curing violence against innocents with more violence against innocents. Even joking about that is sickening.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:51 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps, but the media or Treyvon's family is obviously trying to put a bias spin on it. Thus far we don't know what he looks like today, we don't know why he was suspended...we really don't know anything about him personally. I think that they are worried that if his character is questionable, it'll help the defense to convince a jury and/or general public that he may have been the physical aggressor.
The school already responded that Trayvon was an A & B student who was a happy kid who got along well with everyone and who was suspended for tardiness. BUT, really, that has nothing in the world to do with what happened to him on an evening in Florida. How you manage to twist the FACT that Zimmerman was the one stalking him....even after the police told him NOT to, that Zimmerman was the one who got out of his car and confronted him......even after the police told him NOT to.....how can you twist that into making Trayvon the aggressor?

Old 03-22-2012, 10:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post

Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is going to happen by the book, there's a reason we don't let insane emotion run our judicial system.
Insane like Zimmerman?

HAHAHAHA Florida law trumps the 6th amendment, dontcha know? States rights N all that jazz.

They are 3rd world. The snow birds who fed these monsters will be reconsidering what retirement ought to look like.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post

In other news, Chicago on Wednesday reached 100 homicides for the year—the fastest the city has hit this mark in at least seven years, RedEye and police data show.

Seventeen homicides have been recorded in the last week—including four each on Saturday and Sunday.

Where is the outrage? I sure see some teens on the list of the dead.

Tracking homicides in Chicago - Tracking homicides in Chicago | RedeyeChicago.com
And how many of those deaths were some how gang related? How many occurred in gang infested communities? Even in the case of the little girl killed over the weekend it seemed like her family had gang connections. innocent people minding their business, especially in nicer areas, rarely get killed.

No one deserves to die, but those involved in gangs up the risk. The Trayvon case is infuriating because he did NOTHING wrong. Not connected to any gang, not walking through a gang infested neighborhood. It truly seems like his crime was WWB-walking while black- and nothing more.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
The school already responded that Trayvon was an A & B student who was a happy kid who got along well with everyone and who was suspended for tardiness. BUT, really, that has nothing in the world to do with what happened to him on an evening in Florida. How you manage to twist the FACT that Zimmerman was the one stalking him....even after the police told him NOT to, that Zimmerman was the one who got out of his car and confronted him......even after the police told him NOT to.....how can you twist that into making Trayvon the aggressor?
A & B student?? good for him!! Source please!!...I haven't read anything like that. The only thing I know of is that he had no criminal record.

Also please clarify how a 10 day suspension can be for tardiness. Someone refuted that by posting the school's policies on 10 day suspensions and "tardiness" was not in the rule book.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,492,578 times
There have been numerous pictures posted of him, so if you wanted to know what he looked like, they are readily available. And a teacher/school official indicated he was suspended for being tardy on several occassions. By all accounts (from people who knew him), he was a good kid, who got good grades and had never been in trouble with the law. Whereas Zimmerman had been arrested repeatedly for assault and domestic violence. Yet you really want to push the notion that Trayvon was the aggressor?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Perhaps, but the media or Treyvon's family is obviously trying to put a bias spin on it. Thus far we don't know what he looks like today, we don't know why he was suspended...we really don't know anything about him personally. I think that they are worried that if his character is questionable, it'll help the defense to convince a jury and/or general public that he may have been the physical aggressor.

613 posts, read 759,526 times
Quote:
Caution, more extremely irrational thought being thrown around.
Yes, I'm sure describing exactly what occurred does seem irrational, because it was.

9,949 posts, read 8,848,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Zimmerman wasn't stalking him, Zimmerman was never told not to get out of his car and nobody knows who confronted who.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,564,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlabel View Post
I will bet you next months rent Zimmerman never gets the DP. He may get man slaughter but that would be a bit of a long shot. Trayvon was not a child, he was less than a year away from being able to go into the military. He was old enough to have been in a gang for 5 years and this does not make him guilty but he was no more a child than I am. You try to make it sound like he shot a 4 YO in the crib. LOL With your blood lust who is uncivilized now NY?
I wouldn't be surprised if Zimmerman gets off easy given the inherent corruption that exists in Third World Florida. Trayvon is still a child in my book. If you are not old enough to vote, to buy alcoholic beverage, or to buy a cigarette you are still technically a child.

Quote:
It's not a race issue but you blindly claim the shooter is a racist.
Zimmerman is clearly a racist. There is no debate concerning that.

The point I was trying to make is that you don't have to view things through a racial lens to feel sympathy for Trayvon and feel outraged about how he lost his life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.