Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,476,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I travel often with an older person in a chair and they are patted down and the chair checked EVERY time.
The kid is innocent, but what more perfect place for a terrorist to hide plastic explosive than in the wheelchair of a child that wouldn't even know it is there?
Exactly. The complaints here are coming from people who I suspect have never traveled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:16 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Watch the latest "Southpark" for their skewering of the TSA. How they completely captured the mentality of the TSA and personified them so accurately was simply amazing.
That was a pretty funny episode...

South Park - TSA woman responds - YouTube

SOUTH PARK GOES UP AGAINST THE TSA! A Short Clip Alex Jones Infowars - YouTube

Old 03-19-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Exactly. The complaints here are coming from people who I suspect have never traveled.
Just got off a plane yesterday, and in my 35 years I've literally traveled around the world - possibly more than you have in your lifetime. Matter of fact, I was born over 3000 miles from where I live now. So your assumptions are incorrect for me, and probably for most (if not all) of the people responding.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:18 PM

P.S. I wasn't patted down on my recent trip, but did have to go through the body scanner twice... and got my "beltline" patted quickly, for reasons I really can't explain. Those two things alone don't bother me, but I did see them fondling another passenger who looked rather uncomfortable with the whole situation.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,235,393 times
I bet anything the kid had a full beard...

Old 03-19-2012, 07:46 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Maybe texdav = Texas disabled American veteran?

Maybe it's not a cell phone?

Old 03-19-2012, 07:49 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,808,925 times
Quote:
I travel often with an older person in a chair and they are patted down and the chair checked EVERY time.
The kid is innocent, but what more perfect place for a terrorist to hide plastic explosive than in the wheelchair of a child that wouldn't even know it is there?
Quote:
With all due respect, wise up.

Those wheelchairs are exactly where stuff can get into a plane. We are at wa with Radical Islam which wants us all dead. There is no debating with wanting us dead, so we take precautions.

We no longer live in a pre-9-11 world.
Do you also check under your bed for jihadists before you go to sleep?

As long as people like you are alive, the TSA and the government can run roughshod over our liberties and we wouldn't make any headway in getting them back. Yeah, radical Islam wants us all dead. They try to attack us, because over there in the Middle East, occupying THEM! We bomb the hell out of them, killing their men, women and children, DAILY! We kill them with drones in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen and Libya, and now itching to go into Iran, Syria and Uganda. We have hundreds of military bases in the Middle East, in places the Muslims consider very holy to their religion. We desecrate their land. If we stop doing that, then they would stop too. But oh no, neocons like you who have been spoon-fed the "radical Islam" mantra will ensure that you vote more fascists into power, who usurp power incrementally, turning this into a goddamn police state.

TSA is an incredible waste of our tax dollars, and an incredible assault on our civil liberties. What better place for the perverts of the country to go and hide, but in the government-sanctioned sexual assault organization, the TSA? What if that person was a closet pedophile? You have stooped low enough to be OK with having a stranger fondle your toddler, but I certainly haven't.

This is not a right vs. left issue. This is a big government vs. We The People issue.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

As long as people like you are alive, the TSA and the government can run roughshod over our liberties and we wouldn't make any headway in getting them back.

I think he would fit right at home in North Korea where the elite live like kings, while some of the population are part of the military, a good portion of the rest of the population lives like dirt or is in prison labor camps making money for the elite. The North Korean Government just wants to keep you "safe" and protect you from the evil South Koreans and Evil Americans.

He would not like Russia though since you have to many "free loaders" living off of "others" via government housing, food etc.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:43 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Quote:

As long as people like you are alive, the TSA and the government can run roughshod over our liberties and we wouldn't make any headway in getting them back. Yeah, radical Islam wants us all dead. They try to attack us, because over there in the Middle East, occupying THEM! We bomb the hell out of them, killing their men, women and children, DAILY! We kill them with drones in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Pakistan, Yemen and Libya, and now itching to go into Iran, Syria and Uganda. We have hundreds of military bases in the Middle East, in places the Muslims consider very holy to their religion. We desecrate their land. If we stop doing that, then they would stop too. But oh no, neocons like you who have been spoon-fed the "radical Islam" mantra will ensure that you vote more fascists into power, who usurp power incrementally, turning this into a goddamn police state.

TSA is an incredible waste of our tax dollars, and an incredible assault on our civil liberties. What better place for the perverts of the country to go and hide, but in the government-sanctioned sexual assault organization, the TSA? What if that person was a closet pedophile? You have stooped low enough to be OK with having a stranger fondle your toddler, but I certainly haven't.

This is not a right vs. left issue. This is a big government vs. We The People issue.
It also is the precursor for what people might believe to be the true America, a bunch of whiny simpltons relingusihing their civil rights to the boogyman under the bed . You allow the first contact with U.S. policy and interaction to be a bunch of retarded highschool drop outs frisking you under the guise of making your air travel safer when in reality; EVERYONE knows a terrorist can bring down a plane full of folks without setting a foot within an airport environs.

America: "The home of the brave and land of the free" - what a bunch of crap!

Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,220,693 times
Quote:

So,...you really think removing our troops from the Middle East would neutralize the terrorist threat to America? You referenced the Muslim religion in your dialogue,...does that also include the part about eliminating the infidels,...those who are non-muslims?

As for flying,..what is your solution? Millions of Americans fly every year, and people like the "underwear bomber" and the "shoe bomber" have made it onboard aircrafts even with enhanced inspections. It is not clear how you would handle security at airports,...or if you would even try.

When I fly, although not often, I like to have a reasonable chance of reaching my destination without having a mid-air tragedy. Please advise the forum how you would ensure that reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies