Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 11:05 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
No, I won't agree with that.

I will, however, admit they're using cut-outs and false fronts to create a layer of deniability. Will you?
Both sides do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
What is your biggest gripe about Republicans?
Lies, Lies and More Lies. I could not care less that they complain about President Obama's policies, so long as they stick to the Facts, ALL the Facts, but we all know that it will not happen. Cannot wait for the next set of conspiracy theories, they are always so much fun to discredit, but I sure wish they woud get some new material, the Birther and Martial Law "stuff" is no longer funny or even entertaining.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:20 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Obama is anti-business, anti-capitalist. I rely on both for my wealth.
Yep. He is the reason why I had to sell my property in Arizona with a great view of the ocean.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Yeah, you don't know my situation. I have a B.A. from a 4 year Cal State University. My wife (also a minority) has a Law Degree from UCLA. Lots of my acquaintances have 4 year degrees. Many of my friends also did the technical school route. Most are fairly successful.

Yet, I am confused wrt to your response. What does that have to do with me agreeing with what seems to be a conservative poster? I to am a conservative, though a minority (unusual I know). I was just pointing out that a lot of minorities play the victim. Being a minority has never hampered my success. I am where I am in life do to my own being and drive. I am a SR. HRIS Programmer/Analyst for a fairly large Electric Utility.

I have never felt that anyone has kept me down nor hindered my career or life. Sure, I have experienced racism. Funny thing is, that most of the racism I have experienced has come from the left of the political spectrum. You do not know how many times I have been talked down to or questioned how I could be a minority and a conservative. I believe that the Dems do not exactly align with most minority viewpoints.
What do you make of comments made by Gingrich and Santorum (and plenty of others) regarding black people? Do you think that the GOP panders to bigots?

I can see why a black person would vote Republican -- there is no rule written that they have to be single-issue voters, but on the issue of race, I think it's pretty clear which party embraces mulitculturalism and which party would like to see a lily white future.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:26 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
What is your biggest gripe about Republicans?
Appeasing Independents over the base.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:27 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Appeasing Independents over the base.
The fact that the base appears to be increasingly bat-sh*t crazy.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:32 AM

690 posts, read 1,201,672 times
That they dont select Ron Paul.
That many of them are religious nuts.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
That they dont select Ron Paul.
That many of them are religious nuts.
Religious nuts hate two kinds of people with their guts...
1- Religious nuts of a different religion
2- Atheists

Ron Paul must belong in one of them.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:40 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,059,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
What do you make of comments made by Gingrich and Santorum (and plenty of others) regarding black people? Do you think that the GOP panders to bigots?

I can see why a black person would vote Republican -- there is no rule written that they have to be single-issue voters, but on the issue of race, I think it's pretty clear which party embraces mulitculturalism and which party would like to see a lily white future.
I don't support Gingrich or Santorum. So that tells you what I think. FTR, I am not black. I don't think the Dem party embraces multi-culturalism as much as it does pandering to the minority population.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They hate freedom and prosperity.

Now I think I have seen it all. LMAO. How ignorant can you get????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies