Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...nSwing_312.pdf

Question 22:
Do you think Barack Obama is a Christian or a
Muslim, or are you not sure?
Christian......................................... ................. 14%
Muslim .................................................. .......... 45%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 41%

I'd like to see what actual fact Democrats dispute at an 86% clip...

There's no gray area to this question. There's no nuance. This is Republicans giving credence to an outright lie, and pseudo-character attack.

More:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vau...ts_2010_03.pdf

Read page 2
I cannot access a pdf file on my particular laptop. 41% + 14% = 55% (Christian or not sure). Now that's a majority!

Who the heck is this pollster? I never heard of them. I see the word "wingut" in your link. Yeah, I'm sure they're not biased, right? Asking someone what they "think" does not equate to a lie. It is merely an opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 07:00 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Yeah, you don't know my situation. I have a B.A. from a 4 year Cal State University. My wife (also a minority) has a Law Degree from UCLA. Lots of my acquaintances have 4 year degrees. Many of my friends also did the technical school route. Most are fairly successful.

Yet, I am confused wrt to your response. What does that have to do with me agreeing with what seems to be a conservative poster? I to am a conservative, though a minority (unusual I know). I was just pointing out that a lot of minorities play the victim. Being a minority has never hampered my success. I am where I am in life do to my own being and drive. I am a SR. HRIS Programmer/Analyst for a fairly large Electric Utility.

I have never felt that anyone has kept me down nor hindered my career or life. Sure, I have experienced racism. Funny thing is, that most of the racism I have experienced has come from the left of the political spectrum. You do not know how many times I have been talked down to or questioned how I could be a minority and a conservative. I believe that the Dems do not exactly align with most minority viewpoints.
If I recall correctly, you said you live in a poorer area.

When I said I don't know your situation, what I meant was you may have a PHD or a HS diploma, I don't kow. I don't know how old you are. I don't know what you are good at. I don't know what you enjoy.

I was just offering a suggestion for you or any of the people who live in the poor area near you, or anyone reading this thread, how to pull themself out IF THEY HAVEN'T YET gone to college.

It was friendly advice for you or anyone else who may be looking for more.

I did not mean to insult you. I realized you may be a successful individual. I offered the advice anyway, because as I said, I just didn't know your situation.

It was an off topic side note.

That is all,

Greg

Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Their willingness to deliberately obstruct our economic recovery in the hope of damaging the reelection chances of a president they do not like.
Explain....just the statement won't do. .I don't think you know what you are talking about...just regurgitating talking points from the left wing machine.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Am I correct in assuming this has to do with gays?
In your opening post you asked a question - now you're making an assumption, why?

Old 03-21-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Their orchestrated, deliberate campaign of lies, half-truths and conspiracy theories against Obama, a campaign waged in friendly media, by talking heads and on-line via untraceable e-mails and discussion forums such as this one.

By doing such as that, they not only endanger our Republic and our whole political system, but it endangers the life of the man himself. Their attempt to delegitimize the President of the United States feeds the radical hotheads who can't separate fantasy from fiction and one of them will take it upon himself to "solve" the problem.

I'm not at all convinced that's not what their goal is.
Tell us more...How do the republans wage a campaign in the 'friendly media' to 'delegitamize' this president??

Don't you think that driving the national debt to $16 trillion and counting pretty much PROVES that he has no byusiness being the leader of this country?? What more will it take?? Total collapse of the economic system??> Complete de-value of the dollar?? Just what does this guy have gto F**K up to get you to see he is an unqualified HACK kwho should have stuck with being a 'community organizer'.

You left wing 'dreamers' make me sick. You can't think for yourselves at all. You depend almost 100% on the daily 'FEED' from the media machine that is designed to re-elect the biggest FAILURE as a president since that idiot jimmy carter.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
They hate freedom and prosperity.
you *******s make me laugh!!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Big government?

While I am disappointed with today's Republican Party, as you put it, one can not honestly say Republicans are more 'big government' than the Democrats.
Honestly? What you beieve is what you believe; it has nothing to do with honesty - telling the "truth" as you understand it may or may not have anything to do with facts or reality.

One *can* honestly say Republicans are more 'big government' than Democrats - you may disagree.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheist Liberal View Post
Well let's see:

They are uneducated, racist, bigoted, intolerant, religious, sexists, homophobic, warmongers, corporate shills, etc.

Wow....did you think that up all by yourself?

Let's see...uneducated?? guess again Einstein. There are PLENTY of highly intelligent conservative minded people...far more intelligent than the left wing counterparts who believe that there is no price to pay for spending us into oblivion.

Racist?? Ah.....because we disagree with obama. I forgot...nobody can do that and NOT be racist...Right?

Bigoted? Hmmm...does this have to do with not agreeing with the president again? Or is this the gay marriage issue? Do you actually KNOW...or are you just tossing names out there?

Intolerant? Is it because we are intolerant of a man who spends and spends...and rams a healthcare bill down our throats that DICTATE to us that we HAVE to buy insurance? Or is this the gay issue again? You aren't very clear. Seems to me that YOU are the intolerant one here...calling names to people who disagree with YOUR ideology. See what I mean?? Or are you too thick to get that point?

Religious? No other qualifier other than 'religious'?? Who is the bigot?? Who is intolerant??

Sexists? Vague...very vague. You seem to have a problem expressing yourself. A usual trait with left wing buffoons.

Homophobic? Because many of us disagree with legalizing gay marriage? That means we are 'afraid' of gay people?

Warmongers?? Uh....wasn't it OBAMA who went into Libya without even going to Congress to discuss it?? Isn't it OBAMA who continues in afghanistan even though he PROMISED when he was elected to pull our troops OUT by the midway point of heis presidency?? You seem confused. You seem to like the idea of the pot calling the kettle black.

Corporate shills? Hmmm...you DO realize that obama's bestest buddy is jeffrey immelt..the CEO of General Electric..and the man responsible for GE paying $0.00 in corporate tax in 2010 even though the company profited in the $100 MILLIONS. is THAT the kind of a corporate SHILL you are talking about??

Learn to present an argument...clear and concise..then come back and TRY to make a point. Until then, stop taking up space with this kind of senseless YAMMERING that has no basis that is stated other than YOU stating it. ....that means you have presented no argument...nothing to back ANYTHNG you say. Just empty words.

You're dismissed.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:00 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I cannot access a pdf file on my particular laptop. 41% + 14% = 55% (Christian or not sure). Now that's a majority!

Who the heck is this pollster? I never heard of them. I see the word "wingut" in your link. Yeah, I'm sure they're not biased, right? Asking someone what they "think" does not equate to a lie. It is merely an opinion.
Oh come on... you can't group people who are unsure of a fact with those that are sure of a fact. 41 percent of republicans dispute a known FACT! Being unsure of a known fact is the same as not believing that fact. It means you're not smart enough to recognize the truth.

If a third of people weren't sure that 2 + 2 = 4, would you group them with the smart crowd or the idiots?

Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
you *******s make me laugh!!
That's the point, the extreme right hates freedom and prosperity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies