Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you're claiming he only looked guilty post mortem?
where did i claim i was OK with that?

and where did i even mention how trayvon appeared?

what is up with these made-up names, anyway? trayvon? really?
how often do black kids christened bill or john end up badly? i never hear about them
What a disgusting thing to say!! What makes Trayvon any less dignified of a name than Bill or John? Who says that Anglo-names are what's best? You should be ashamed for this statement.

BTW, Emmett Till had a pretty conventional name. So did Rodney King. Do you think racists pre-screen their victims prior to attacks?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:07 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm white, and I've repeatedly posted Trayvon related points. And part of it is racial. I think it's horrible that this boy was thought to be a threat just because
Quote:
some nutjob
decided a black kid in his neighborhood must be up to no good. The other racial component is the fact that all the people that I've seen defending the shooter are hispanic.

Reasonable doubt is a jury issue, I believe. And when the justice system isn't doing due diligence, citizens must speak out.
Maybe he is not a nut job, maybe he us enthusiastically defending his neighborhood against crime, which many as of lately have been committed by young black males. Is it any wonder he singled this kid out.

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
The Fed's now will get involved. If you think it was volatile and "hot' in FL before, just wait.

U.S. News - Justice Department, FBI to probe shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin
Got to appease the base especially in a swing state. Turnout will be key.

1,672 posts, read 1,771,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
It looks like there is new evidence in this case. The boy was on the phone with a girlfriend just before he died. And the call logs exist.

Trayvon Martin Exclusive: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recalls Final Moments - Yahoo!

I hope that Zimmerman pig fries, I really do.
If true and there is a voice record, the "stand your ground law" will be an intersesting defense since it sounds like he cornered and started the fight from the article.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'd sure like to see the law where the Feds can put their nose into anywhere They deem appropriate, especially when no Federal crime has been commited!?
They'll go for the stand by "Violation of Civil Rights" if everything else fails. It's a pretty generic law and just about anybody can be convicted of it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:08 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I'm surprised Eric Holder has time for this given how busy he is suing countless states to stop them from doing the job the gov. won't do.
I'm glad he found time for this, no backlash here.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:09 AM

520 posts, read 1,006,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Fortunately, your opinion doesn't win court cases, determine who can own handguns, and determine what classifies as racism. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean its accurate.
You can apply your own words to yourself as well.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:11 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Well Mr Lawyer sir .. With your way of thinking .. Every crime against an individual could be a 'Civil Rights' violation, now couldn't it?
No, not every crime. Just those in which it there is possible injustice due to racial discrimination.

Like this case.

Again, the people in position to make a difference are more highly educated than the typical C-D poster and are more qualified to make statements and decisions about the legality, jurisdiction, etc, of investigations.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Guys like the this idiot are the types who are going to give opponents to the "Stand Your Ground" laws in other states the ammo they need to maybe keep it from passing

The only thing I know for sure is the fact that a lot of these so called "Neighborhood Watch" guys are semi retarded and waste more LEO resources than they save....they cry wolf constantly.
Actually with the negative image young black males have you can kill one amd claim self defense and all the gun toting, stat reading white men will back you as soon as blacks complain, it's a win for those who hate blacks either way and this law was passed by jeb bush.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
For the record, "hispanic" is not a race/ethnicity. I know a lot of Latinos will be heartbroken to hear that, but it is not.

The guy appears to be white...and, possibly, of hispanic descent.
Zimmerman is a Jewish surname. My guess is his father is Jewish and his mother is Cuban. It really doesn't matter.

I doubt race played much a role in this scenerio beyond the fact that since young black males have been responsible for most of the burglaries in the development that Zimmerman profiled Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies