Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Interesting the problems in the community started out during the foreclosure crisis when landlords were forced to rent to "low-lifes and gangsters". Blacks move in and the problems start and then they whine when folks profile them.

Quote:
The answer may lie in police records, which show that 50 suspicious-person reports were called in to police in the past year at Twin Lakes. There were eight burglaries, nine thefts and one other shooting in the year prior to Trayvon’s death.

In all, police had been called to the 260-unit complex 402 times from Jan. 1, 2011 to Feb. 26, 2012.

“He once caught a thief and an arrest was made,” said Cynthia Wibker, secretary of the homeowners association. “He helped solve a lot of crimes.”

Zimmerman told neighbors about stolen laptops and unsavory characters. Ibrahim Rashada, a 25-year-old African American who works at U.S. Airways, once spotted young men cutting through the woods entering the complex on foot, and later learned items were stolen those days.

“It’s a gated community, but you can walk in and steal whatever you want,” Rashada’s wife, Quianna, said.
Read more here: Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p2/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
so great-- other than minor details-- that zimmerman was mexican that the guy he shot was on top of him beating the ...... out of him,--- your assessment is--- it was a KKK murder plain and simple?????
it would appear the old lynching mob is alive and well on CDF, a bit of a change in color but the same group thinking yep.
you make mississippi court justice system look pretty good guys.

Ed Schultz......on the radio, spewing vile hatred towards Zimmerman......redneck this, whitey that.......facts mean nothing to these zombies.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM

Uh oh Blacks who actually know Zimmerman are rallying to his defense. This story is going to turn and a bunch of people are going to get egg on their faces. Should be interesting to watch.

Quote:
“He would be the last to discriminate for any reason whatsoever,” Robert Zimmerman wrote. “One black neighbor recently interviewed said she knew everything in the media was untrue and that she would trust George with her life. Another black neighbor said that George was the only one, black or white, who came and welcomed her to the community, offering any assistance he could provide. Recently, I met two black children George invited to a social event. I asked where they met George. They responded that he was their mentor.”
Read more here: Shooter of Trayvon Martin a habitual caller to cops - Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/17/2700249_p3/shooter-of-trayvon-martin-a-habitual.html#storylink=cpy - broken link)

Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,634,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I totally agree with you.

The issue I have with this mentality is that "slavery", "oppression", and "white privilege" are used as crutches in the Black community. This mentality is reinforced by well-intentioned liberals who seek to explain their behavior.

Many Vietnamese, Korean, African, Russian, etc. immigrants have experienced conditions that most Americans of any race have never faced. They DO NOT use this as an excuse or a crutch for deviant behavior.
I agree. For example, I'm from Russia originally, and my Mom's family was very poor, my Dad's side was a little better, but also pretty broke comparing to today's standards, especially comparing to America, but neither ended up in criminal life, both went to college back there.
There is a lot of racism still in America so it must be not denied, but at the same time this is not 1950s anymore, and I agree that blacks shouldn't blame the white people for all their problems nowadays. If you're black, I think you still gotta work harder than if you were white to achieve the same results, but it's a lot better than it used to be, and everything can be done if a person puts their mind to it.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 PM

1,715 posts, read 4,777,609 times
Default Now that it has been reported Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman

Could it be a lot of people will be made a fool when all the facts are out.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post

Could it be a lot of people will be made a fool when all the facts are out.
Do you have a link to this?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ed Schultz......on the radio, spewing vile hatred towards Zimmerman......redneck this, whitey that.......facts mean nothing to these zombies.
He's a disgrace.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:01 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Because they are God's "choosen peoples"?? And the Asians have the highest IQs on the planet.
Nope, the Ashkenazi's are on the top of all when it comes to IQ:

Why is the IQ of Ashkenazi Jews so high?

Researchers who study the Ashkenazim agree that the children of Abraham are on top of the IQ chart. Steven Pinker – who lectured on “Jews, Genes, and Intelligence” in 2007 - says “their average IQ has been measured at 108-115.”

Maybe they could give some to the deficient ones???

This death was caused by actions that show a poor thought process and high impulsiveness......hum, ring a bell.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Do you have a link to this?
I heard this too. Probably on Fox News. The stated that Trayvon ran after Zimmerman's car, chased it down on foot at 50 MPH, jumped on the speeding car's roof, reached down in the car, pulled Zimmerman out the window, grabbed Zimmerman's gun and shot himself. Fox News said it so it must be the truth!

Old 03-21-2012, 09:07 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I'm actually open to other perspectives. I try to espouse the truth, but if what I state is false, I will hold myself accountable and entertain differing opinions.

Did I state any falsehoods? Or do you just not have an intelligent rebuttal?
lol. ok. I will respect that.

First question for you: Which black community are you talking about? We aren't monolithic you know.

Second question: You do know the histories are different right? Different times, lengths of recovery, countries, the type of oppression etc...

Third: Question: You do know that society is different now, right?

I'm glad jewish people have got it together.
You are also comparing established communities to "communities" built from scratch. I can't really speak for other minority communities or hell other black communities outside of my own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies