Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
What is Ryan's tax plan for American companies who've moved their operations overseas?
I believe he said a free ride on taxes. Teritorial tax system is the term he mentioned. So be prepared for more job loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
I'm having a problem with trying to find a copy of the U.S. Senate budget proposals of the last 3 years. Does anyone know a link to where I can read it?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I'm having a problem with trying to find a copy of the U.S. Senate budget proposals of the last 3 years. Does anyone know a link to where I can read it?
You might want to start with this: United States Budget Process

Old 03-20-2012, 10:46 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
But, bob, what are the Democrats offering in the way of a budget? Obama's is all I know about and it was just done to make fools think something came from the Dems. I guess this, the budget, is just one more Constitutional requirement that the Dems are trying to skirt and do away with.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But, bob, what are the Democrats offering in the way of a budget? Obama's is all I know about and it was just done to make fools think something came from the Dems. I guess this, the budget, is just one more Constitutional requirement that the Dems are trying to skirt and do away with.
You too might want to start with this.... United State Budget Process

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If Republicans want to deform Medicare the way they want to, I want to be able to opt out RIGHT NOW. Let those they are pandering to... deal with the consequences. Right Roysoldboy?
I thought that Ryan was proposing a budget for the United States government and you clowns are back on last year's Democrat warfare on Medicare. I really didn't know that Medicare was the only thing I heard him talk about this morning when he was introducing his committee's plan. Is Medicare that much of the huge federal budget? Is it really all you guys can use against Ryan?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM

8,628 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I believe he said a free ride on taxes. Teritorial tax system is the term he mentioned. So be prepared for more job loss.
You're kidding? Wouldn't that add incentive for other American businesses to leave our shores? Now, how would that generate more tax revenue? Could it be all those manufactured goods created outside our borders, is then taxed by the American consumer that will fill Ryans tax chest?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought that Ryan was proposing a budget for the United States government and you clowns are back on last year's Democrat warfare on Medicare. I really didn't know that Medicare was the only thing I heard him talk about this morning when he was introducing his committee's plan. Is Medicare that much of the huge federal budget? Is it really all you guys can use against Ryan?
I'm, and it is in his budget. Now go cry me a river that people are bringing it up again.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:56 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Still refuses to offer any revenue increase, only cuts. There is no similarity to Simpson-Bowles. He again would assure the demise of Medicare. Nothing new, oh except now they call the "Death Panels", unelected bureaucrats. I guess so they can confuse their minions...apparently it works .. ^^
At least he's come up with something. More than the Dem controlled Senate has come up with FOR YEARS.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I love it. Keep 'em coming. The republicans are just showing themselves to be the house of loons.
So far lib attacks on what they think they see about Medicare in Ryan's committee proposal is all I see. Does Medicare really make up that much of the total budget? Does Obamacare call for taking $50 billion from Medicare every year for 10 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies