Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

Then why did you bring it up in this thread? Obligatory?
I'm not the first one who addressed the issue in this thread, or in your case, replied to and engaged with someone who brought up the issue.

What's the matter, afraid to confront the facts or make a valid point so you deflect and ask why I brought it up? Typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 09:46 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
All PEOPLE should. Leave it to the loons to make it a racial issue.
So why does zimmerman have so many fans on here?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'm not the first one who addressed the issue in this thread, or in your case, replied to and engaged with someone who brought up the issue.

What's the matter, afraid to confront the facts or make a valid point so you deflect and ask why I brought it up? Typical.
But you did. Now deal with the responses.

So, what "valid" point did you make? That absent gun regulations, these deaths wouldn't have happened?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
But you did. Now deal with the responses.
Instead of perpetuating your lies, go back to page one of this thread and look at who the first poster was to bring up gun control laws, k?
Quote:
So, what "valid" point did you make? That absent gun regulations, these deaths wouldn't have happened?
No, and I think I already address that asinine question once already. Do you have dementia or short term memory loss issues?

Here, I'll make it easy for you. Here are my previous responses:

Quote:
That's what you got out of my reply?? Wow. Ok, no. I'm simply stating that continuing to punish the law abiding citizens who wish to legally purchase and carry guns has NO effect on the crime rate whatsoever, good or bad. I never suggested that six year olds or even teens for that matter be allowed to pack heat. Don't be ridiculous by taking your argument to the extremes.

You suggested that one could simply walk next door and purchase a firearm instantaneously. I proved you wrong. What's your point? I don't care what the laws are in your state, this is Illinois we are talking about and specifically, Chicago.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Instead of perpetuating your lies, go back to page one of this thread and look at who the first poster was to bring up gun control laws, k?
Didn't you? I believe my very first response quotes your post.

Quote:
No, and I think I already address that asinine question once already. Do you have dementia or short term memory loss issues?

Here, I'll make it easy for you. Here are my previous responses:
Operating on that ground may be your only escape. Why did you bring gun laws into this thread? Explain THAT.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
You do realize there is no major statistical change in crime reduction with harsher gun laws right?
What effect could tough gun laws have on a city that already had thousands of guns in the wrong hands when the laws were enacted? Does a city have border checkpoints for searching vehicles as they enter?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Didn't you? I believe my very first response quotes your post.
And you would be wrong, but you keep right on lying to cover up your ineptitude.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375
Good thing carrying guns is against the law there. Seems to be working like a charm.
Guns always seem to work like a charm... if this is the kind of "charm" one is looking for.
My username is not waterboy7375.

Quote:
Operating on that ground may be your only escape. Why did you bring gun laws into this thread? Explain THAT.
Ha, escape from what? I'm not the one trying to duck and dodge here. Why do you continue to perpetrate outright lies? Is it because you have NO other point to make other than to lie, deflect, dodge?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
And you would be wrong, but you keep right on lying to cover up your ineptitude.

My username is not waterboy7375.

Ha, escape from what? I'm not the one trying to duck and dodge here. Why do you continue to perpetrate outright lies? Is it because you have NO other point to make other than to lie, deflect, dodge?
What's the difference between waterboy7375 and you? Certainly not when you posted this (and it was a response to my post which wasn't to you).

Quote:
You're right, we should continue to punish the law abiding citizens because, well, I don't know why... maybe you can explain the thought process behind that?

As for walking next door and buying a gun:

Firearm Owner's Frequently Asked Questions

Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
So why does zimmerman have so many fans on here?
Show me a link where someone has said they're a fan or they respect him for what he did. And if they did then I'll stand with you in condemning them. All I've seen so far is people saying let the justice system do its job.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
This is sad.
10 people dead and about 40 others injured.
It is a tragedy when some one is dies before their time.

You know what is sadder?
Using their deaths to push an agenda against people seeking justice for the shooting of an unarmed teenager. I am pretty sure that all of these shootings in Chicago are being treated as homicides and assaults with a deadly weapon. Trayvon's death is being treated as a justified killing. I am sure that most of the people in hear know the actual difference when people are expressing their outrage over the situations. However, the manor in which this was brought up leads me to think that the OP does not really care about the plight of the people that were gunned down in Chicago but was using it as tool for his agenda to distract people from the killing of that teen in Florida. For the life of me, I can't understand why people would go to such lengths to discredit someone else's tragedy.
I don't think it's meant to distract, it's meant to point out the sad sad fact that a case like Trayvon's is held up as this enormous racist problem while everyone ignores the elephant in the room which is the dozens of other trayvons shot dead in mostly urban areas.

80% of Chicago's shootings are gang related.

Chicago has had a long standing policy of turning a blind eye if gang members keep the killing to other gang members. Last year the police cracked down on one gang for accidentally shooting 2 young girls. It's been like that for decades, that is how Chi-town operates.

I think that with the attention given to the poor kid in Florida it's a perfect time to address ALL of the violence that young black males like him face. It's just a whole lot less comfortable discussion when you move from a good kid getting shot for nothing to confronting the uglier and vastly more common incidents surrounding poverty, drugs and gang violence.

Trayvon's case has gotten the attention it needed and I'm hopeful that justice will be served there.

Now can we talk about the elephant in the room? Or do we just sweep it under the rug and ignore it since black gang-bangers getting shot is just the way things are and don't make us feel morally outraged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies