Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:53 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Tax cuts do generate revenue.
No, they don't.

Quote:
Why do you think Obama fought so hard to keep the 2% social security tax cut...and the Bush tax cuts in place?
Because of how it looks to the voters. The electorate hates taxes, and Obama's political opponents are trying their damnedest to claim he's "raised taxes."

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who advocates for forgiving household debt so that discretionary income will flow into the economy? I would have figured you understood the policy of tax cuts and the propensity of people to spend the extra money. I guess not!
Well as far as I'm concerned, I'm not pro-tax, I'm for tax fairness. Big difference.

A better question might be: If the Neocons are really for "lower taxes", then why did they refuse to cut the payroll tax?

The answer is: they want a tax code that favors big business and the wealthy.

Last edited by le roi; 03-20-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm not what you would consider a religious nut.
Generally speaking, someone who thinks the law of the bible ought to be the law of the land.

Quote:
I am more spiritual, from my Cherokee heritage, but blue collar middle America, conservative, describes me to a T and I relate more to Ron Paul, than any of the rest.
Ron Paul is more of a libertarian, which doesn't fit into either of the two main GOP camps I outlined.

He isn't a Neocon, because he isn't a sycophant for big business, doesn't support subsidies for the wealthy, and doesn't promote a foreign policy built on war.
He isn't a RWNJ, because he supports things like free trade, drug legalization, and secular government.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:11 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Many decades ago the founders of "neoconservatism" may have been liberal but they left the Democrats back in the 1970's.
Pretty close observation, although the split began a bit farther back, around the pre and just after World War II era. It may shock and amuse many, but today's neocons and progressives are actually cousins of a sort. Their common ancestor was Classical Liberalism. Without delving deeply into political science, put simply, one branch turned right and the other left. Neocons retained big government and active foreign intervention ideology while advocating free market capitalism. The other branch turned sharply left and embraced Marxism, todays progressive wing of the Democratic Party.

The other branch of conservatism are the paleo or traditional conservatives. Small government believers and more isolationalist, many TEA party members and evangelicals do fall into this group, but it is a misconception to place all of them in the paleocon camp or vice versa. While there is often overlap and shared beliefs, there is dissent between neos and paleos. For example, many paleocons were critical of the policies of the Bush administration. At the present, the neocons are the dominent power, although the paleos have gained some influence recently.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:19 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
and secular government.
Perhaps on the Federal level, but he is perfectly fine with State and local governments putting all the religion the want into the law books. He doesn't believe that you have rights beyond what your state allows. Sorry, but I find that frightening.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Perhaps on the Federal level, but he is perfectly fine with State and local governments putting all the religion the want into the law books. He doesn't believe that you have rights beyond what your state allows. Sorry, but I find that frightening.
I would call that more 'federalist' than 'libertarian', but i understand where he's coming from.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
and what are neo-cons.....southern baptist LIBERALS

neo-cons and liberals both the same GLOBALISTS

carter/ bush1/ clinton/ bush2/ obama....all globalists...all mentored by brzezinski....

Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Of course we've been lied to.

I for one bow before our reptilian overlords.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Tax cuts = You get your own money back. Imagine that!
Tax cuts= your freakin country goes down the tubes, I don't have to imagine that, I just have to take a look at the results!!!

Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Generally speaking, someone who thinks the law of the bible ought to be the law of the land.

Ron Paul is more of a libertarian, which doesn't fit into either of the two main GOP camps I outlined.

He isn't a Neocon, because he isn't a sycophant for big business, doesn't support subsidies for the wealthy, and doesn't promote a foreign policy built on war.
He isn't a RWNJ, because he supports things like free trade, drug legalization, and secular government.
yes, Paul is one of the few who actually realizes MANY americans and Indeps are fed up with both sides.

The GOP will never figure this out.
They will just sit here and post about reality tv for the next decade thinking this will sway the Independent/Swing and female vote. Their contempt for American citizens has been well proven, too bad MSM has no clue yet.

The GOP cannot fathom a world where people think for themselves and don't buy into their divisive hate-mongering.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Wait this is the party he has supported and now is seeking their nomination? Come on man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
Ron Paul isn't really a Republican, he's a libertarian (was once with a capital L) that realized the system is rigged by the duopoly so you have to be in one of the 2 major parties to get anywhere. he is one of the few respectable politicians
Quote:
No, they don't.

Because of how it looks to the voters. The electorate hates taxes, and Obama's political opponents are trying their damnedest to claim he's "raised taxes."

Well as far as I'm concerned, I'm not pro-tax, I'm for tax fairness. Big difference.

A better question might be: If the Neocons are really for "lower taxes", then why did they refuse to cut the payroll tax?

The answer is: they want a tax code that favors big business and the wealthy.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and what are neo-cons.....southern baptist LIBERALS

neo-cons and liberals both the same GLOBALISTS

carter/ bush1/ clinton/ bush2/ obama....all globalists...all mentored by brzezinski....

Why comment if you didn't listen(you really don't have to watch) the video?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies