Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:15 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Santorum will never have the luxury of using the Presidency as the basis from which to force his religious views on anyone.
I would hope not, but being complacent about it is what gave license to dubbya. I'd rethink that attitude and speak now or forever hold your peace.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:16 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
So you essentially believe that despite the fact there are multiple views on creation vs evolution only the one in which you believe should be taught. How open minded of you.
Multiple "views" does not mean each "view" has equal credibility.

Evolution is scientifically sound. Creationism is not. To the contrary, virtually every tenant of "creationism" is conclusively, demonstrably FALSE.

Ergo, it makes more sense to teach something that, by all available evidence and tests, appears to be accurate, as opposed to something this has been proved to be a lie.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Can we do it on Sunday? That's the day we've put aside for people to thump that bible. Do you need a second day now too?

Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
So you essentially believe that despite the fact there are multiple views on creation vs evolution only the one in which you believe should be taught. How open minded of you.

Where did I mention oppression? Grow up.
Creationism is NOT science..Every religion has their own creation story. It's nothing more than a story. Evolution is based on scientific evidence that can be tested. Science class should only be open to scientific matters not superstisious stories. If someone wants to teach creationism along with Greek mythology that's fine because that's where it belongs, in a mythology class.

Your previous post was meant to convey oppression. Why else would you whine about what atheist say.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:20 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Why is it that religious fanatics equate "freedom" with their "right" to IMPOSE their beliefs onto others??
As religious I'll put it to you this way. They are not practicing religion. They are practicing playing God with the lives of others convinced of their own omnipotence. It is their desire for control over all others rather than their encouragement of others to have control over themselves that betrays them every time. They are bordering on cult behavior and they need to see themselves clearly for what it is they have embraced in the name of religion.

Needless to say, boundary issues aren't their only problem passing itself off as religious practice.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Multiple "views" does not mean each "view" has equal credibility.

Evolution is scientifically sound. Creationism is not. To the contrary, virtually every tenant of "creationism" is conclusively, demonstrably FALSE.

Ergo, it makes more sense to teach something that, by all available evidence and tests, appears to be accurate, as opposed to something this has been proved to be a lie.
It requires every bit as much "faith" to assign total belief to the arguments disputing creationism as it does to embrace the theory. There is no conclusive proof either way. Your claims of a rejection of faith in favor of science are false, no matter how often they're used to support your position. There are ample holes in the theories of evolution. The fact you choose to ignore them shows your "faith" in that theory substitutes for an unbiased evaluation.

I don't care what you believe. Afford others the courtesy of equal consideration.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
So you essentially believe that despite the fact there are multiple views on creation vs evolution only the one in which you believe should be taught.
Oh by all means teach creationism to your hearts content, just not in the public schools. Tax dollars are for education not Bible indoctrination.

As for being open minded, ah no. I see no more point to teaching evolution than I do that the earth is flat and that you can turn lead into gold.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:23 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
I thought christians relationship with jesus was private? If it remained that way, there'd be nothing to pretend to protect.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,694 times
Quote:
It requires every bit as much "faith" to assign total belief to the arguments disputing creationism as it does to embrace the theory. There is no conclusive proof either way.
You are brainwashed beyond redemption. Good luck to you. Perhaps, in your next life, you'll make some progress.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:27 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
As for being open minded, ah no. I see no more point to teaching evolution than I do that the earth is flat and that you can turn lead into gold.
On this, we're in full agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies