Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 08:53 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
LOL You clearly are rude to anyone who mentions religion. I wouldn't call that tolerance.
And shining the light of truth on truth and pointing out false facts is now called rudeness. The hits just keep on coming.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:55 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
And the zealotry continues. Thanks for further proving that militant atheists lack tolerance for anything outside their own narrow spectrum of beliefs.

I've wasted all the time I'm willing to waste with you.
LOL..Stating Facts = Militant Zealot...That's religion in an nutshell.

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
And shining the light of truth on truth and pointing out false facts is now called rudeness. The hits just keep on coming.
Nice hypocrisy there. Tell me, when you preach for equal rights, that's only to people in your agenda, right?

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
There was no global flood.
Ooops, if you don't mind, there's some physical evidence of global flood. It's just not in keeping with the time line before recorded time became practiced.

Flood geology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood
Much Evidence Exists for a Worldwide Flood

That said, if they are lying about anything, they're only proving to me how faithless they truly are. Additionally, when scientists are too attached to a theory they refuse to witness contradictory evidence, they betray themselves as disloyal to their stated professions. I'm only saying... if both parties involved in debate would simply do their job properly, they'd be meeting in the middle where God resides.

Perhaps for characters like Hitchens (like Doubting Thomas), God is truth? Looks that way to me. Being loyal to the truth is a noble service to humanity that it appears clergy and atheists alike have forgotten. Please do better.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:56 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
And the zealotry continues. Thanks for further proving that militant atheists lack tolerance for anything outside their own narrow spectrum of beliefs.
Anything that is demonstrably, provably, undeniably false definitely falls into my intolerant zone. Your "truths" are no more true than the idea that the earth is flat or that the sun revolves around it. Though they are based on the same false foundation.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Not a Christian or religious.

Get over yourself. Not everyone agrees with your "if you don't think like me, you're wrong" attitude.
You don't have to think like me. But when you deny facts or attempt to equate facts with superstition, I'm going to call you on it. So you can get over yourself and your fraudulent "I'm not choosing a side no matter the proponderence of evidence" attitude.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM

613 posts, read 759,968 times
Quote:
How is religion being forced on you? You're free to believe or not believe anything you want. You're equally free to walk away when others discuss religion if that discussion offends you.

What you're not free to do is demand everyone else share your rejection of religion and refrain from discussing it. That's every bit as much an imposition of your beliefs and preferences upon others as the behaviors you claim to object to.

Atheists, particularly those so dogmatic in their beliefs as to reference those beliefs in their usernames are consistently among the least tolerant individuals it has been my misfortune to encounter.
Atheism is not a belief.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..Stating Facts = Militant Zealot...That's religion in an nutshell.
Post your proven facts. Support your assertions with conclusive evidence that proves your beliefs correct.

As I've said before, until such time as you can do that your belief system is every bit as faith based as the beliefs of those you choose to ridicule.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Ooops, if you don't mind, there's some physical evidence of global flood. It's just not in keeping with the time line before recorded time became practiced.

Flood geology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Scientific Evidence for a Worldwide Flood
Much Evidence Exists for a Worldwide Flood

That said, if they are lying about anything, they're only proving to me how faithless they truly are. Additionally, when scientists are too attached to a theory they refuse to witness contradictory evidence, they betray themselves as disloyal to their stated professions. I'm only saying... if both parties involved in debate would simply do their job properly, they'd be meeting in the middle where God resides.

Perhaps for characters like Hitchens (like Doubting Thomas), God is truth? Looks that way to me. Being loyal to the truth is a noble service to humanity that it appears clergy and atheists alike have forgotten. Please do better.
Did you open those thinks? Most of that nonsense was written by creationist.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:00 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredsnowman View Post
Atheism is not a belief.
And a one line post does nothing to prove your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies