Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:20 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
There are restrictions. They are followed by the law abiding citizens. The OTHERS, don't care about laws, no matter how many you make, well,,, maybe,, here's one that may work...

If you are caught with an illegal handgun while committing a crime, then your head will be chopped off by guillotine the next day, at high noon.
Will Madame DeFarge be there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Count this way LEFT OF LIBERAL as a gun owner as well. I also have been in the NRA for over 25 years in order to support protecting the 2nd Amendment. I believe all citizens, with the exclusion of convicted felons and the certifiably insane, should own firearms to defend themselves, their families and other citizens from criminal assault.

I am fond of the Colt Army revolver and the .45 automatic as well as the M1-a rifle and consider a semi auto sawed off shotgun to be one of the best close range weapons ever devised.

I object to the rest of the senseless RW political, social and economic agendas.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,500 times
This Liberal prefers real firepower not wimpy pistols.
This weapon can really ruin your day.

I am the god of hell fire - Part II - YouTube

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
This Liberal prefers real firepower not wimpy pistols.
This weapon can really ruin your day.

I am the god of hell fire - Part II - YouTube
Funny, they used the god of hell fire song, but they didnt use any hellfire missile footage.
Hmmmmmm.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't see what political affiliation has to do with enjoying or owning a hand gun.

You might want to read some of the "liberals are going to get our guns" themed threads that have appeared on C-D.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Thats an apples to kumquats comparison.
Interesting that you sidestepped the question.
I think it is exactly the same when talking about using guns for fun as some people here said. Many people who take drugs also say they like the feeling they give them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
I am more than adequately trained and I can protect myself and family if the Police take too long to get there.
In a violent country like the US it might be necessary, as I said before, a necessary evil in some cities as there are so many armed criminals out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's ridiculous. Recreation shooting is a lot of fun. Just because you don't like something that is no reason for anyone else to not like it.
There are a zillion possible hobbies, so why would anyone find a hobby fun whose entire process is based on how to kill a living being from a distance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
There is no question that the sheriff would have no time to get to where I live. There is no chance a fire department would either. In fact, we're not even covered by any fire department other than the forest service.
So you have to learn to protect yourself.
If you didn't have professional police Neuling, would you protect yourself?

I'm guessing you don't live in the US? Because I've lived in very liberal areas like downtown Boston and I knew people with guns even there. Are you in Europe?
As I said before, in some situations it might be a necessary evil to have a gun. Yours seems to be one of those cases. But even if I lived in the woods and had to protect myself against bears and what not, I would certainly not like guns.
Yes, I am from Europe. But I would not get a gun in the US, either. Sure, I would not move to Detroit or some dangerous place like that. I think in most cities and regions of the US one can get by without a gun as well.
But I guess Americans grow up thinking guns are normal, so there is and always will be a philosophical rift between the US and me in this respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
And I don't think you have a clue what I like or dislike. The effects of thyroid medication are quite noticeable compared to the way I felt before I was diagnosed.
Well, if you like your medicine I think you have a weird attitude. If you like pizza, fine, but medicine? Every patient is happy when their health improves and they can finally get rid of their medicine. Liking something and trying to get rid of it don't match, unless it is a vice or addiction one is aware of.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:23 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, if you like your medicine I think you have a weird attitude. If you like pizza, fine, but medicine? Every patient is happy when their health improves and they can finally get rid of their medicine. Liking something and trying to get rid of it don't match, unless it is a vice or addiction one is aware of.
I have a dependency on thyroid medication to keep my body functions perking along as they would if I had normal thyroid function. It is the only prescription medication I take. I like the effects it has in improving my well-being. I think you have a weird attitude toward prescription medications as you seem to lump anything that has a positive effect on the body into the "abuse" category, whether that be relief of pain or improvement in a bodily function.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I think it is exactly the same when talking about using guns for fun as some people here said. Many people who take drugs also say they like the feeling they give them.
Still an apples to kumquats comparison, and since you admitted to not knowing anything about either, its a comparison made in ignorance.
As evidenced by everything you have posted on this thread.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:45 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times
To the OP that'd be a ditto here.

I'm a farmer and live rural, I currently don't own any gun but when my finances change my ownership will too.

Used to have a .38 I loaded with rat shot to get the snakes on my property (Copperheads, Cottonmouths and Rattlers) and a pump action shotgun for home protection.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:10 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Still an apples to kumquats comparison, and since you admitted to not knowing anything about either, its a comparison made in ignorance.
As evidenced by everything you have posted on this thread.
There is not much to know, actually. I know how firearms work, I know their original purpose, it's really quite primitive if you think about it, it's not rocket science as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies