Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

I want to be like North Dakota with its 3.2 percent unemployment rate, the lowest in the country and the fastest rate of job growth.

"North Dakota is enjoying an oil boom in the western part of the state, drawing workers from across the country. Williston, in oil country, grew 17.6% to 14,716. The oil windfall has created a $1 billion state budget surplus...North Dakota is one of the few states to add manufacturing jobs over the decade. Bobcat, maker of farm and construction equipment, is headquartered in the state. "

North Dakota economy booms, population soars - USATODAY.com

I read the "supporting" industries are doing well, too: hotels are booming, the restaurants are booming...

And before you go "But what kind of low paying jobs are they?" maybe you should take a look at the National statistics for unemployment by education attainment on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website and tell me which group(s) of people are most in need of a job.

Less than a high school diploma: 12.9%
High school graduate, no college: 8.3%
Some college or an associates degree: 7.3%
Bachelor's Degree or higher: 4.2%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The question was... Why must you lie?
oh! Im not lying

Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
oh! Im not lying
Then I may have found yet another application of another instant classic from "Seinfeld": Its not a lie, if you believe it.

Which is to say, that we can blame your poor comprehension, something I alluded to in my first response.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Then I may have found yet another application of another instant classic from "Seinfeld": Its not a lie, if you believe it.

Which is to say, that we can blame your poor comprehension, something I alluded to in my first response.
I guess I can't debate with something that has no substance. Seinfeld is make believe, I hope all liberals know that! I still say Obama has cause gas prices to sky rocket, he said so himself. under his plan fuel prices would sky rocket. I saw him say it in an interview!!! he is succeeding in doing what he wants. witch is to bring prices up to Europeans prices, about 7 to 8 dollars a gallon! this is what i call a little substance just enough to keep liberal busy. liberal can't handle the truth so they resort to name calling. and they called themselves smart. a little substance and they get all fluster!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:28 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
I guess I can't debate with something that has no substance. Seinfeld is make believe, I hope all liberals know that! I still say Obama has cause gas prices to sky rocket, he said so himself. under his plan fuel prices would sky rocket. I saw him say it in an interview!!! he is succeeding in doing what he wants. witch is to bring prices up to Europeans prices, about 7 to 8 dollars a gallon! this is what i call a little substance just enough to keep liberal busy. liberal can't handle the truth so they resort to name calling. and they called themselves smart. a little substance and they get all fluster!
He said "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4

Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
I guess I can't debate with something that has no substance.
So you resort to lies. Why? (a dumb question, I know)

Old 03-22-2012, 03:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
To the OP: You need to know that the USA is not the only consumer of oil. China and India are adding cars and roads at a record pace. This increases demand on WORLD oil supply, thereby driving up the price. Of course, it didn't help matters when Obama stopped oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, and the EPA and other environmentalists trying to stop oil and gas exploration and development in this country. The worlds oil supply is far to vast to be controled by any government or cartel.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 PM

28 posts, read 28,214 times
The price is up because the greedy oil companies are exporting oil to jack the prices up. Why? Because they are trying to turn the voters against President Obama and stack Congress and the Whiite House with their bought and paid for GOP stooges. That is why.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He said "electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube
cap and trade look that up!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
People just dont seem to understand...the days of cheap gas are over. I am not some bigtime environmentalist but I wish the US would just move away from oil and into new and cleaner technologies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies