Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I know U.S. history and the Constitution probably better than you do.
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. But of the two of us, you are the only one advocating its military overthrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
The founders would be disgusted by the way that their document has been abused.

They would be all for my idea.
The assertion that the Founders would be in favor of a military coup is insane. There is no other appropriate word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale
Who stops a POTUS when he breaks his oath?
Odd... I thought you just said you knew that Constitution? Because it tells you right in Article 1.

The Congress does.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Obama and the radical liberals are the ones claiming the constitution is irelivant and feel they are not bound by it.
Oh? Please link me to where the president has ever said "the Constitution is irrelevant" or that he "is not bound by it."

I'll wait.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:43 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Oh? Please link me to where the president has ever said "the Constitution is irrelevant" or that he "is not bound by it."

I'll wait.
Actions speak louder than words ... Is there not an impeachment bill now in congress ... Use of Military without congress approval ...

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
I do want Marines who will refuse to follow orders that violate the Constitution and international law. But I absolutely do not want Marines or military personnel of any kind who refuse to follow the chain of command merely because they disagree with a sitting president's general policies -- even if it were Bush, even if it were Santorum (vomits in mouth). As far as I am concerned as a taxpayer, they can talk about it to some degree, but if they incite others to take action against the chain of command and if they violate it themselves, they should be court martialed and imprisoned.

I don't know whether the magazine 'teaser' is true, but if it is indeed true that high brass isn't doing anything about the increasingly outspoken marines, then that might explain why incidents like Quran burnings, pissing on dead Afghans, and crimes against humanity are occurring in the U.S. military and why they don't seem to be happening as much in the British military. Maybe there's an increasing break down in the overall command and control over the American military that is taking place all up and down the chain of command. That, my friends, is dangerous...regardless of who's in power.

Update: looks like Stein might be dismissed, which is welcome and probably the least controversial way to deal with him. Good for taking a stand against a f*cking 'tard with a firearm. Not the kind of idiot we need in Afghanistan right now, especially in light of all that's happened over there. In all fairness, though, I would say that it's understandable to a degree why soldiers would be increasingly tempted to be more outspoken against any president right now. Doing multiple tours over there when it's clear that there's not going to be a satisfactory outcome has to be demoralizing. The sooner we can extricate ourselves from this state of protracted war, the better. We need to be a peacetime country again.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:47 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:

I'll wait.
We'll be waiting for quite awhile.
I'll make snacks.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
That's okay. We have the UCMJ to cover that:

Article 92—Failure to obey order or regulation

“Any person subject to this chapter who—
  • (1) violates or fails to obey any lawful general order or regulation;
    (2) having knowledge of any other lawful order issued by a member of the armed forces, which it is his duty to obey, fails to obey the order; or
    (3) is derelict in the performance of his duties; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

The key word you are looking right over to set the agenda, is lawful.
Nice try at trolling.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We'll be waiting for quite awhile.
I'll make snacks.

OBAMA SAYS CONSTITUTION DEEP FLAW CONTINUES TODAY - YouTube

Old 03-22-2012, 08:52 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Yes, a youtube vid.
Classic.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Actions speak louder than words ... Is there not an impeachment bill now in congress ... Use of Military without congress approval ...
Actually... no. There is not.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yes, a youtube vid.
Classic.

The new social media, that doesn't hold back.

No wonder the fed wants to restrict and regulate the internet and e-mail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies