Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 02:23 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmm, one can only suppose you have a better memory for minutiae.
still no answers. surprise surprise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 02:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
still no answers. surprise surprise
You know, I have never seen you before today, so I went and looked at your posting history.
Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:32 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't think taking it to the extreme either but our government does.. they want to survive with their underground bunkers.. I know they probably have the elites who have a place reserved for them in time of nuclear attack.
Whats stopping you?

Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Governments around the world have built their own underground cities to house themselves for an extended period of time--and all with taxpayer money. They are well prepared not only for a SHTF scenario but for a HOLY SHTF. When the dust settles and they run out of supplies, who knows what they will find when they surface again? Hmmmm......sounds like a good plot for a novel.

In the meantime, the old Boy Scout motto of "Be prepared" is still pretty good advice.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
A survivalist blog?
ROTFLMFBO!!!!!!!!!

When you pick yourself up off of the floor from this healthy laugh, ya might wanna go back to that website and get some survival tips. They not only help folks even in a Zombie Apocalypse which I KNOW is coming since our tax dollars helped pay for the CDC's webpage about it.

Here's an even better laugh. Why this wasn't put up just for April Fools' Day is just about the Eight Wonder of the World.

CDC - Blogs - Public Health Matters Blog – Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse

Those survival tips help folks through tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and flooding.

The day our dollar finally dies, and we have Bank Holidays with empty ATM machines then some of the Survival Suggestions may also come in handy.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Not really. The area a few hundred miles around Yellowstone would be pretty damaged, but the ash cloud would take weeks/months to settle. And would be a far greater disaster than any earthquake or storm. The last super-eruption almost wiped out the ancestors of man, 74,000 years ago.
Well it all depends on how long the eruption lasts too. That thing could snuff out the entire country. She is a big one if she ever goes off I don't want to be around that's for sure.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
When you pick yourself up off of the floor from this healthy laugh, ya might wanna go back to that website and get some survival tips. They not only help folks even in a Zombie Apocalypse which I KNOW is coming since our tax dollars helped pay for the CDC's webpage about it.

Here's an even better laugh. Why this wasn't put up just for April Fools' Day is just about the Eight Wonder of the World.

Those survival tips help folks through tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes and flooding.

The day our dollar finally dies, and we have Bank Holidays with empty ATM machines then some of the Survival Suggestions may also come in handy.
I saw the zombie apocalypse thing when it first came out last year.
I've been riding floods and hurricanes out for over 40 years, and I'm still here, but thank you for your concern.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I'm 5 miles south of Memphis so the 'big earthquake' is always on the back of everyone's mind. But recently hearing of the solar flare activity and how it can wreak havoc on our electrical grid is probably more probable. I even read "Lights Out" which had a lot of great information and a good story.

"Lights Out" by David Crawford - YouTube

If there are issues, I am more than prepared to bug in. I also have a bug out plan as well. I'm also working on multiple bug out plans. The 3 day, 3 hour and the 3 minute plans.
My sister lives about a half hour from St. Louis and she has the same attitude of some around this thread laughing it up. She has taken a little more notice of late as I keep pounding her with the battle cry of there is no reason to NOT prepare for the worst. All you end up with is some food to eat when you start rotating the stuff. Hell with the price of food skyrocketing that is all the more reason to stock up to begin with. A good backpack and a map of rail lines always helps out too.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post

Ye shalt have more confidence in the lord!
Right before everything gets too violent Jesus will swoop down from the sky to send all liberals to hell, then carry all patriotic Americans up to heaven for eternal bliss.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
My sister lives about a half hour from St. Louis and she has the same attitude of some around this thread laughing it up. She has taken a little more notice of late as I keep pounding her with the battle cry of there is no reason to NOT prepare for the worst. All you end up with is some food to eat when you start rotating the stuff. Hell with the price of food skyrocketing that is all the more reason to stock up to begin with. A good backpack and a map of rail lines always helps out too.
Does your sister live on the river?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies