Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 01:38 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicQueen View Post
I love it when people call people conspiracy people when they say something the others do not like. The NASCO is going to happen and no amount of calling names and such and showing how uneducated a person is will stop it. Why do you think that the borders are wide open and have been left open no matter what the people want. I miss Missouri and we live in NM close to tbe Mexican border.

GQ
Lord, I feel sorry for you. Be safe GQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,466 times
Default There is no plan for a North American Union

This is a big ****. There is no plan or proposal for a North American Union.

1. Any plan would have to be ratifed by the Senate (2/3) and also would require Congressional enabling legislation and likely consitutional amendments. It is not going to happen- no one in government has even proposed it.

2. The "Superhighway" is just eixsting interstates. There is no special road for Mexican trucks. No safety standards or border controls have been waived or will be waived.

3. The KC Terminal clearance is for US TRUCKS going to Mexico - not the otherway around. That's why the Mexiucan customs guys have to be there to clear the trucks in advance of the border.

4. Neither the CFR nor the SPP have ever recommended a North American Union. Nor have either organization ever recommended a supranational authorty of any type that would exercise traditional powers of a soverfeign national government.

5. All of the refernces are located at mottsblog.blogspot.com. I looked into every Internet goofball site and article. There is nothign to this...ZIPPO.

Randy Mott

Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM

753 posts, read 758,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
This NAFTA Super Highway which starts its first leg in Texas next year is set to run from Mexico to Canada with KC a major terminal for the trucks with Mexican drivers. You can check it out at realclearpoliticsdotcom.

This super highway will be 400 yards wide all the way through the US with MO. as a state marked out for the highway. That being said if you own land in the path of this highway "immanent domain" will kick in. And if you plan to buy land I would be careful where in that area. This is awful how we have been betrayed on this I hate it and we need to stop it.

Any thoughts from the MO. locals on this?
No fan of NAFTA here, but this whole topic is suspicious. How could you build a 400 yard wide road with no exits? With a shoulder on each side, that road would be nearly 100 lanes across. It doesn't make sense.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,789,027 times
Unhappy I had been avoiding this...

I was staying far away from this thread because I knew it would make me ill...
I have mentioned Coast To Coast AM in other posts & THAT is where I heard about this.
That show has a bunch of "fringe" stuff but it covers ALL the things you don't hear in the mainstream media.
I REFUSE for this to happen. It's totally unreal. It's sickening beyond belief & it makes me feel weak to think of the effort we all have to put in to fight.
I also mentioned numbersusa dot com and have sent MANY faxes to my senators about illegal immigration.
I just don't have the mental strength to keep fighting & writing & writing & fighting.
That's why that site is so great because you choose from a few different pre written letters.
If any of you are so inclined, PLEASE write a letter & get it to the rest of us somehow.
Or make a website! I WILL get involved! I CANNOT sit back & watch America die.
I could cry & implode at the thought.
But it so stresses me, that I just can't bring myself to START something.
I'm the same with the fight for animals.
I will sign & fax & ANYTHING I CAN, but I don't have the strength to be the "leader".
And I'm SURE there are many who feel this way too!
So PLEASE Marks or any of you who can, START something & we will all join in!!!
Let's STOP THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!!
(By the way - did you guys see the map???!!! It cuts RIGHT ACROSS NORTH DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!
AND a nice chunk of Montana! That is SO sickening...
I always thought of ND as one of the few remaining good places - affordable, very low crime...
This CANNOT happen!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited by elfyum; 10-21-2006 at 02:17 AM..

Old 10-21-2006, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
elfyum, I agree with you on all your points. But there are some that think this is not happening we could just not worry about it and maybe it will go away as these folks would have us do.

I will keep you posted on what we can do hang in there don't give up.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfyum View Post
I was staying far away from this thread because I knew it would make me ill...
I have mentioned Coast To Coast AM in other posts & THAT is where I heard about this.
That show has a bunch of "fringe" stuff but it covers ALL the things you don't hear in the mainstream media.
I REFUSE for this to happen. It's totally unreal. It's sickening beyond belief & it makes me feel weak to think of the effort we all have to put in to fight.
I also mentioned numbersusa dot com and have sent MANY faxes to my senators about illegal immigration.
I just don't have the mental strength to keep fighting & writing & writing & fighting.
That's why that site is so great because you choose from a few different pre written letters.
If any of you are so inclined, PLEASE write a letter & get it to the rest of us somehow.
Or make a website! I WILL get involved! I CANNOT sit back & watch America die.
I could cry & implode at the thought.
But it so stresses me, that I just can't bring myself to START something.
I'm the same with the fight for animals.
I will sign & fax & ANYTHING I CAN, but I don't have the strength to be the "leader".
(By the way - did you guys see the map???!!! It cuts RIGHT ACROSS NORTH DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!
AND a nice chunk of Montana! That is SO sickening...
I always thought of ND as one of the few remaining good places - affordable, very low crime...
Hi there,

This is still hard to swallow. How on can the government build a highway 100 lanes wide with no exits without anyone approving it, or even seeing it? I'm not making light of your concern. But honestly this is just too fantastic to believe.

Consider the practicalities. If they built a highway from Mexico to KC 100 lanes wide, how would all those trucks refuel? Then what would happen at the terminus? Can you imagine 50 lanes of traffic going each direction? There's no way they could route the traffic. And how would Mexico, a country with a 3rd world infrastructure manage to organize the inbound/outbound trucks?

There's some press out there about additional lanes being built specifically for trans-continental truck traffic. But not to belittle anyone here, the idea of a 400 yard wide road is just out there.

Last edited by FistFightingHairdresser; 10-21-2006 at 09:02 AM..

Old 10-21-2006, 09:46 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,986,901 times
Well, apparently Congressmen feel it's a threat to the sovereignty of the U.S. and that it's happening without Congressional oversight. They're beginning to take action on it. Here's a c/p fro Ron Paul who's joining other Congressmen on a bill (H.Con.Res 487) in the House to oppose this highway system and the erasing of borders, not to mention the eminent domain abuse needed to make this a reality. This below is published on his website. If Congressmen are taking this seriously, why shouldn't we also?

Congressman Paul Opposes NAFTA Superhighway

October 4, 2006

Washington: Congressman Ron Paul joined several of his congressional colleagues in expressing outrage at the planned “NAFTA superhighway” that will require eminent domain actions on an enormous scale in Texas and beyond. H.Con.Res 487, introduced by Virginia Representative Virgil Goode and cosponsored by Paul, expresses the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a NAFTA superhighway or enter into any plans to create a North American Union between Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.

Plans for such a superhighway are part of the so-called “Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP), which is neither a treaty nor a formal agreement. Rather, the SPP is a "dialogue" launched by the heads of state of Canada, Mexico, and the United States at a summit in Waco, Texas in March 2005.

According to the SPP website, this dialogue will create new supra-national organizations to coordinate border security, health policy, economic and trade policy, and energy policy between the three governments. As such, it is but an extension of the NAFTA and CAFTA agreements-- government trade schemes that bypass the express constitutional authority of Congress to regulate trade.

“This is a matter of national sovereignty,” Paul stated. “Any movement toward a North American Union diminishes the ability of average Americans to influence the laws under which they must live. The SPP agreement, which includes plans for a major transnational superhighway through Texas, is moving forward without congressional oversight-- and that is an outrage. The administration needs a strong message from Congress that the American people will not tolerate backroom deals that threaten our sovereignty.”

Old 10-21-2006, 10:20 AM

The fact is we've gone over this a thousand times. Anyone that thinks it's not happening or going to happen go back and get some of the links we've posted, and read some of the comments.

As MoMark just posted it's now just beginning to pick up intrest. The problem is we no longer have control over our government, we have fallen asleep and are letting this a much more take place without even a wimper

How can this get through without congress? Did we not all learn about "presidential executive privilege" in High School? I mean come on? we need to get better informed.

I thought the 400 yard highway was over the top too, but if you read up on it there is to be roadway, trainrails, shoulders, electricity, communication, and gas lines as well. So it could be that there would be maybe 6 lanes each way I don't know. I'm not really concerned about what's in it only that it is and must be stopped!

If you don't believe it, or want to believe it, fine that's your right. But for many such important issues, including this one, we should at least take the time to investigate. Believe me, if I had the time I would write an entire report on it and post it.

Again, check out keywords like SPP, NAFTA, NAU, Superhighway, the Spanish company contracted to build this highway in Texas, check out what their saying in Texas, the port in KC, etc.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Well, apparently Congressmen feel it's a threat to the sovereignty of the U.S. and that it's happening without Congressional oversight. They're beginning to take action on it. Here's a c/p fro Ron Paul who's joining other Congressmen on a bill (H.Con.Res 487) in the House to oppose this highway system and the erasing of borders, not to mention the eminent domain abuse needed to make this a reality. This below is published on his website. If Congressmen are taking this seriously, why shouldn't we also?

Congressman Paul Opposes NAFTA Superhighway

October 4, 2006

Washington: Congressman Ron Paul joined several of his congressional colleagues in expressing outrage at the planned “NAFTA superhighway” that will require eminent domain actions on an enormous scale in Texas and beyond. H.Con.Res 487, introduced by Virginia Representative Virgil Goode and cosponsored by Paul, expresses the sense of Congress that the United States should not engage in the construction of a NAFTA superhighway or enter into any plans to create a North American Union between Canada, the U.S., and Mexico.

Plans for such a superhighway are part of the so-called “Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP), which is neither a treaty nor a formal agreement. Rather, the SPP is a "dialogue" launched by the heads of state of Canada, Mexico, and the United States at a summit in Waco, Texas in March 2005.

According to the SPP website, this dialogue will create new supra-national organizations to coordinate border security, health policy, economic and trade policy, and energy policy between the three governments. As such, it is but an extension of the NAFTA and CAFTA agreements-- government trade schemes that bypass the express constitutional authority of Congress to regulate trade.

“This is a matter of national sovereignty,” Paul stated. “Any movement toward a North American Union diminishes the ability of average Americans to influence the laws under which they must live. The SPP agreement, which includes plans for a major transnational superhighway through Texas, is moving forward without congressional oversight-- and that is an outrage. The administration needs a strong message from Congress that the American people will not tolerate backroom deals that threaten our sovereignty.”
Hi,

OK. But this still doesn't say what the superhighway is supposed to be. Will it use the existing interstate system? Will there be new road built? How big will it be? This is germane to the whole discusion.

Nobody seems to be addressing the original statement that this is going to be some 400 yard wide road from Mexico to Kansas City. I'm sure Congressman Paul is opposing something, but I find it hard to believe anyone it considering building a gargantuan strip of pavement across the continent.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
The fact is we've gone over this a thousand times. Anyone that thinks it's not happening or going to happen go back and get some of the links we've posted, and read some of the comments.

As MoMark just posted it's now just beginning to pick up intrest. The problem is we no longer have control over our government, we have fallen asleep and are letting this a much more take place without even a wimper

How can this get through without congress? Did we not all learn about "presidential executive privilege" in High School? I mean come on? we need to get better informed.

I thought the 400 yard highway was over the top too, but if you read up on it there is to be roadway, trainrails, shoulders, electricity, communication, and gas lines as well. So it could be that there would be maybe 6 lanes each way I don't know. I'm not really concerned about what's in it only that it is and must be stopped!

If you don't believe it, or want to believe it, fine that's your right. But for many such important issues, including this one, we should at least take the time to investigate. Believe me, if I had the time I would write an entire report on it and post it.

Again, check out keywords like SPP, NAFTA, NAU, Superhighway, the Spanish company contracted to build this highway in Texas, check out what their saying in Texas, the port in KC, etc.
We must have been posting at the same time, I didn't see this when I started writing.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that there would be some special throughway built for commercial transport. What's more, I wouldn't doubt that all it would take is for our corporatized government is a slap on the back and a little cash in hand. That's the way it works.

But what baffles me is how self-described conservatives can become outraged by this yet still vote for George Bush. Or vote for anyone for that matter. Nothing happens anymore unless someone's making a profit. Your vote, your petitions and your letters to the editor don't do a darn thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies