Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times

Advertisements

I get a kick out of the faux outrage whenever the President make a comment.

Wipe your mouths girls and boys...lets hear it for your Republican PRESIDENTIAL CANDIATES....I guess they see those same votes out there as well.
Mitt Romney
Quote:
"There needs to be a thorough investigation that reassures the public that justice is carried out with impartiality and integrity," Mitt Romney said.
Newt Gingrich
Quote:
GOP rival Newt Gingrich said that, while he believes in the right to self-defense, it appeared Zimmerman was "overreaching."
"The question here is: Was this guy attacked or was he the attacker? And that is what the grand jury will lead to. I mean, if they decide he was the attacker, I suspect they'll indict him," Gingrich said.
Rick Santorum
Quote:
And Rick Santorum told reporters on Friday that Zimmerman's actions looked starkly different from those protected by "stand your ground" laws.
"It's horrible case. I mean it's chilling to hear what happened. And of course the fact that law enforcement didn't immediately go after and prosecute this case is another chilling example of horrible decisions made in this process," Santorum said.
Mitch McConnell
Quote:
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, also weighed in on Friday. He declined to comment on a possible review of "stand your ground" laws, but said he is glad the case is under investigation.
"Well, it was an incredible tragedy of huge proportions. I'm glad it's being investigated and we'll take a look at it as the investigation moves along," he said.

Mitch McConnel is GLAD its being investigated by the Government. Imagine that..
NBC Politics - Republicans join call for Trayvon Martin inquiry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 03:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If that is the case perhaps someday we can look forward, with great anticipation, your criticism of stupid Republican/conservative statements especially considering the number of stupid Republican/conservative statements to choose from these days.

That day is here. Every candidate except Ron Paul have commented.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:33 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
SMH at the OP...The POTUS' statement was very objective and sensible. The wing nuts were whining this morning about him remaining silent, now they are complaining because he opened his mouth. As usual damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Last edited by Factsplease; 03-23-2012 at 04:11 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 04:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
So true, a mature person would not make an expression of empathy:.
Yes, a mature person would express empathy. But only a grandstanding politician would say "he would look like my son if I had one..."

Old 03-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
If that is the case perhaps someday we can look forward, with great anticipation, your criticism of stupid Republican/conservative statements especially considering the number of stupid Republican/conservative statements to choose from these days.

I've actively opposed a lot of Republican programs like the wars and their bail outs.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I get a kick out of the faux outrage whenever the President make a comment.

Wipe your mouths girls and boys...lets hear it for your Republican PRESIDENTIAL CANDIATES....I guess they see those same votes out there as well.
Mitt Romney

Newt Gingrich

Rick Santorum

Mitch McConnell
NBC Politics - Republicans join call for Trayvon Martin inquiry

Yes. All of those quotes were expressions of tragedy and letting the law take its course. Only grandstanding Obama says things like "he looks like my son...." pathetic.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:13 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes. All of those quotes were expressions of tragedy and letting the law take its course. Only grandstanding Obama says things like "he looks like my son...." pathetic.

I said the same thing...when I look at him, I think of my sons. Just digging for something isn't there...I suppose you think Obama is not capable of empathy, you must be confusing him with some of the nutjobs posting in this thread...oh wait

Old 03-23-2012, 04:58 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
No, sorry, don't even go there. You didn't even know before that he had answered a question. You just blurted something out. Take some ownership for your mistake here. You don't get to deflect your incorrect statements that way.

There's this thing called personal responsibility. Try it sometime.

Wow, you know the guy personally? Yes, all presidents love it when teens get shot for no reason while walking back from the store while talking to their parents. All Presidents just pray for that to happen.
Wasn't Trayvon talking to his girlfriend, not his parents? noexcuseforignorance

Old 03-24-2012, 08:26 PM

25 posts, read 18,801 times
This makes the news but not the new executive order Obama did. The National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:00 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Why yes, he looks very much like Obama's son if he had one.

He's got that innocent look in his eyes I cry when I realize he could be anyone's son.

Travon's Face Book page (http://www.facebook.com/people/Trayvon-Martin/100001791912868 - broken link)

One of the photos from his Face Book page

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/407954_264458616957200_100001791912868_625409_1589 541802_n.jpg (broken link)

A true darling, the kind of guy Obama would love.

//Stupidity off.

Thank God someone took out the garbage! Good riddance!

He was a hoodlum piece of garbage that got what he had coming to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies