U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 01:40 AM

17,737 posts, read 7,712,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Right. I highly doubt he's going to be campaigning on something as unpopular as Obamacare is. I hope he does though. Keep that POS front and center for all to see and judge.
Right! they had previews of Obama speaking about Obamacare. Guess that is when the theather emptied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 AM

9,853 posts, read 2,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Oh yes...I remember. But...nary a wlord from the obama camp...nothing in his speeches...wonder why?

Why remind the majority of voters that are opposed to it?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:53 AM

6,225 posts, read 5,506,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why would anyone want to watch that made in Hollywood piece of propaganda?
Because it would have answered the OP's question without having to post a new thread.

Old 03-24-2012, 06:44 AM

8,018 posts, read 8,241,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why would anyone want to watch that made in Hollywood piece of propaganda?
And why would anyone want to watch the drama crap on Fox news? What a pack of less than intelligent people attempting to pander to the sheep , all the untruths that if said enough times might stick on the wall and then try to pretend it's real news.
Yes I have watched it a few times, just enough to know that the network is a scam . actually, too much of a bad thing can make one sick to your stomach , so, I would warn any of the less informed to take all they say in little doses , better yet, just turn them off. Same goes for your leader and spokesperson good ol Rush Limpbaugh. It's real strange that there are some smart people that are Republicans, so why do they put up with this crap, is a real wonder that they have let the far right wing nuts run the show. I can only guess someone out there finds it all entertaining. There are better things to watch, more entertaining, and more real truth and talk like John Stewart and Ed Shultz.To name a few. Why don't you folks just stop supporting the vert thing that will bury you in the end anyway. Have you all forgot about the Moral Majority ?

Old 03-24-2012, 12:28 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,462,845 times
I wonder why obama isn't crowing about Obamacare??

Anyone who would make a comment such as the quote above doesn't get out of their cave often. The President and others in the administration have been talking about the Congressional plan to revamp healthcare loud enough for anyone who wants to hear, to hear it.

I say we let the 'crackers' have their way. Exempt them from the healthcare reform. Let them pay full-price for healthcare. Drop their children from parents' healthcare coverage earlier than 2, as it was before the legislation. Allow insurance companies to withdraw coverage for catostrophic illnesses. Eliminate the free annual wellness exams and testing. Don't allow them to take their insurance from one employer and allow the new employer's insurance provider deny them coverage for pre-existing conditions. And when they go to a hospital uninsured and seek attention for something serious, let them sit outside the door, deny them coverage, and let them die there wallowing in their freedom of choice. I'm all for it. Cull the herd.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:31 PM

2,313 posts, read 1,833,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I wonder why obama isn't crowing about Obamacare??

Anyone who would make a comment such as the quote above doesn't get out of their cave often. The President and others in the administration have been talking about the Congressional plan to revamp healthcare loud enough for anyone who wants to hear, to hear it.

I say we let the 'crackers' have their way. Exempt them from the healthcare reform. Let them pay full-price for healthcare. Drop their children from parents' healthcare coverage earlier than 2, as it was before the legislation. Allow insurance companies to withdraw coverage for catostrophic illnesses. Eliminate the free annual wellness exams and testing. Don't allow them to take their insurance from one employer and allow the new employer's insurance provider deny them coverage for pre-existing conditions. And when they go to a hospital uninsured and seek attention for something serious, let them sit outside the door, deny them coverage, and let them die there wallowing in their freedom of choice. I'm all for it. Cull the herd.

The correct term is saltines. Cheese Nips would find this offensive

Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 PM

29,422 posts, read 8,360,572 times
It's not just Obama. This was the biggest legislation passed, well forced, onto the US in some time. You won't see any democrats even hinting about this in their campaing and there is one reasnon for that..........it's a complete mess. From buying votes to pass it to screaming about how we have to pass it before we know what is in it. See no evil, hear no evil. They want to pretend it never happened.

What have they, the democrats, been squealing about?? First it was the evil rich, then onto how republicans want to kill old people and hate women, now they jump all over this shooting in Florida to try and get rid of some gun laws. They don't want anyone to even think about healthcare or the economy. They think people are stupid. Well their supporters are but the rest won't be falling for this nonsense. Right now we see the squealers with the biggest mouths put all over the TV. The silent majority will speak when the time comes.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:56 PM

29,422 posts, read 8,360,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
The correct term is saltines. Cheese Nips would find this offensive
The usual race baiting gets thrown in when the swooners have no recourse as the one who wants to go to mexico proves.

I prefer Club myslef.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 PM

7,493 posts, read 3,259,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Given that you don't really know anything about politics
Here comes the "you don't know anything about anything" line to attempt to win an arguement. Just admit Obama-care is a total disaster and a black-eye to his administration. If it isn't maybe he should campaign on it, if its so great and popular.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 PM

8,018 posts, read 8,241,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Here comes the "you don't know anything about anything" line to attempt to win an arguement. Just admit Obama-care is a total disaster and a black-eye to his administration. If it isn't maybe he should campaign on it, if its so great and popular.
No you are wrong, and you have just proved it to us and to yourself.. You are like all the others from the Right, No see, only use the talking points they give you on those little cards, or, like Sara, you can write on your palms.
Another wrong statement, there is no "Obama Care". The bill for equality in Healthcare was supported first by the Republicans in committee.. Actually they were for single payer, which would have been the right thing to vote for. Its working all over the world, and it will work here,. So, yes, there are a lot of corrections, holes, and new add on ideas. WE are all entering new ground for this Country. Most polls have always shown the People want equal and fair health care. They do not want the insurance companies to get rich on the backs of hard working people. So far what has been decided , no one wants to take away, Republican or Dems. We all know what they are., keeping your kids on your policy longer, the ability for insurance companies to reject you coverage because of pre existing conditions. ...there is a lot more, that will take effect, and not soon enough. There is also quite a few that are open ended, and needs to be settled. had we gone for Single Payer from the start all this talking points thing would be mute by now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies