Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 01:26 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor2483 View Post
So you don't believe my rather ordinary and mundane little experiment happened, and you took the time out of your life to tell me that, spread your negativity, add nothing, then leave.

Sad stuff, lucidkitty.
No i merely commented on the fact that it was a story. Which is worse me taking time out of my day to comment on the story or you making it up in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 01:27 PM

93 posts, read 71,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I have been to boulder a few times in my life, including 2 summers and never saw panhandlers. Even near liberal haunts like vitamin cottage, and wild oats. So i have a truly hard time believing this tale.
I have a solution. It's kind of out there so bare with me.

Ready?

Google: Homelessness Boulder Colorado.

Now that we have cleared that up, are you ready to post your fourth pointless attack on my character ITT, or are you done?

Time to be a big girl. Think it through.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
I have a solution. It's kind of out there so bare with me.

Ready?

Google: Homelessness Boulder Colorado.

Now that we have cleared that up, are you ready to post your fourth pointless attack on my character ITT, or are you done?

Time to be a big girl. Think it through.
So what every homeless person panhandles you are saying ? And contrary to popular believe one being homeless does not mean they are jobless.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Can anyone spare a dime? Paypal excepted......
So if you're making Paypal an exception to what you would presumably accept, then how are we do get those dimes to you? Better post up your address.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I have been to boulder a few times in my life, including 2 summers and never saw panhandlers. Even near liberal haunts like vitamin cottage, and wild oats. So i have a truly hard time believing this tale.
I live nearby, in Louisville. They're out there. I saw one today on the way home from church, by Table Mesa Drive and Broadway. They're often stationed near the Table Mesa Park n Ride, too.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I live nearby, in Louisville. They're out there. I saw one today on the way home from church, by Table Mesa Drive and Broadway. They're often stationed near the Table Mesa Park n Ride, too.
Well i am sure they are, but i doubt it's as bad as he's making it out to be. And even in the suburbs of rockville which is super wealthy you don't see panhandlers dressing in designer jackets.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:55 PM

93 posts, read 71,593 times
Quote:
Well i am sure they are, but i doubt it's as bad as he's making it out to be. And even in the suburbs of rockville which is super wealthy you don't see panhandlers dressing in designer jackets.
It doesn't have to be theoretical.

Read: Boulder: Heaven for the homeless, or a town that's short on services? - Boulder Daily Camera

Old 03-25-2012, 01:57 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
They are out a lot in Boulder. Pretty much every time I drive home from church, there is someone at Table Mesa and Broadway with a sign begging for money. It is also common to see someone with a sign at the intersection of highway 36 and Table Mesa as well (by the Park n Ride). Panhandlers are abundant on the Pearl St. Mall. I'm not sure the OP said anything about designer jackets. Mostly they have on the standard uniform, jeans, shirt, tennis shoes, parka. Sometimes they have a dog with them, esp. at 36 and Table Mesa.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Again that proves nothing because you are trying to say because people are homeless they panhandle .

Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They are out a lot in Boulder. Pretty much every time I drive home from church, there is someone at Table Mesa and Broadway with a sign begging for money. It is also common to see someone with a sign at the intersection of highway 36 and Table Mesa as well (by the Park n Ride). Panhandlers are abundant on the Pearl St. Mall. I'm not sure the OP said anything about designer jackets. Mostly they have on the standard uniform, jeans, shirt, tennis shoes, parka. Sometimes they have a dog with them, esp. at 36 and Table Mesa.
"Originally Posted by Conor2483
Young white guy. I dressed in my normal attire, which is jeans and an off-brand hoodie. You don't need to dress down around here. I have seen literally every day- and I'm not exaggerated for effect- people beg in skiing jackets that cost more than my monthly rent.

No, being scum isn't for me, unfortunately. My experiment was the first and last of my begging.

I am."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies