Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Now that the truth is coming out about Zimmerman and his self defense, these guys look like idiots jumping to a conclusion before they know any facts.

But on the other hand, they aren't paid for their intelligence.

Some of the other idiots are paid for at least attempting to be intelligent. Obama grandstanding and Jackson with his "I'll pass judgement before I know anything" typical position are actually an embarrassment.
Nah, i'll pass.

In fact, i can't wait until the next Heat game on TV.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Shiloh, I am not saying the call shows racial bias. I'm saying it shows the opportunity to cool down, and 1st degree is an issue of premediated thought processes.

The call likely discredits him linking his actions as being purely reactionary.
That's true - but the reactionary part is during the fight. His cool headed intent to follow (foolishly) I believe can not be intent to murder. His motive was different than that - it had to do with not wanting Trayvon to get away as others did prior to police showing up. I have dealt with this myself - I have had police show up in non emergency situations (loiterers, tresspassers, ect.) 45 min. after the call. It is damn frustration esp. when it is the same offender and they know it.

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Police say Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a fat lip and confirm that the back of his head was cut. He received first aid at the scene but refused to go to the hospital and received medical treatment the following day, according to the Sentinel's sources.

Zimmerman told police he he'd lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his car when the youth suddenly stepped into his path. According to the Sentinel, Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cellphone. Martin then said something like, "Well, you do now" and punched him, according to the Sentinel's sources.
Trayvon Martin case: Police release new details that help George Zimmerman's claim that he fired in self defense. - latimes.com
It is amazing how with each passing day we get more of the story. Now if all of these was in the orginal report why are they releasing pieces of it at a time? And wasn't it the orlando sentinel who reported that Zimmerman's lawyer said his injuries merrited stitches but didn't go to hospital? So did the lawyer not know he received treatment the next day? Was it secret treatment?

18,665 posts, read 19,934,632 times
No hospital equals a boo-boo. Not an injury that should be met with deadly force.http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4634012513731271&id=5e741f0a18662 7b9a1c93fe1e69edce0&url=http%3a%2f%2ffarm1.staticf lickr.com%2f91%2f282634158_b0744cba16_z.jpg (broken link)

He had a month to man up, and come forward. But he can't fight off a prosecutor by shooting him.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:15 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,886,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That's part of the reason hate crimes are so stupid. Unless they have evidence that he targeted Trayvon because he was black it cannot be proven to be racially motivated.
good point, especially in light of the fact that they have had black people in that neighborhood interviewed defending zimmerman's "intention".

i heard that zimmerman called the police at least 40 times to report suspicious people in the neighborhood, so he was, at the very least, an overzealous neighborhood watchman with too much free time on his hands. (did he even have a job?). clearly, he was a wannebe cop who got shot down in his desire to be a policeman/enforcer.

i will say that this whole thing is a tragedy, (which clearly deserves the grand jury that it is receiving) with yet another tragedy in the making. from the black panthers:

The New Black Panther Party has offered a $10,000 reward for the 'capture' of George Zimmerman.

The group's leader Mikhail Muhammad said the bounty was 'an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth'.

Read more: Trayvon Martin case: Anonymous witness claims teen attacked killer George Zimmerman before fatal shooting | Mail Online

i am sorry but this country has too many "neighborhood watchers" of all persuasions, with too much free time, deciding on their own course of justice. muhammed should be embarrassed, but i am sure that he isn't.

i think a parallel issue is that we don't have enough americans working anymore, and they ALL have too much free time-with wannabe vigilantes everywhere.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:15 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Police say Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, had a fat lip and confirm that the back of his head was cut. He received first aid at the scene but refused to go to the hospital and received medical treatment the following day, according to the Sentinel's sources.

Zimmerman told police he he'd lost sight of Martin and was heading back to his car when the youth suddenly stepped into his path. According to the Sentinel, Martin asked Zimmerman if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cellphone. Martin then said something like, "Well, you do now" and punched him, according to the Sentinel's sources.
Trayvon Martin case: Police release new details that help George Zimmerman's claim that he fired in self defense. - latimes.com
uh oh....

Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,519,867 times
Because we had the audacity to take the whitehouse many are glad that this happened and that he will get away. A white lady told a crowd at work yesterday some of the awful things she has heard said. She spoke about it because her nephew is mixed.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,934,632 times
Shiloh, And let me guess. You shot at none of them, let alone killed an unarmed intruder. That's the difference.

Stop equating Joe Frustrated But Sane, with this luny tune, homicidal threat to society.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:17 PM

1,081 posts, read 914,634 times
The way these people are acting, wild, stupid, with no rational thought, its no wonder races hate each other. Obama is the worst of all, along with the media.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:18 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
The way these people are acting, wild, stupid, with no rational thought, its no wonder races hate each other. Obama is the worst of all, along with the media.
I like how Obama said when he thinks of Trayvon Martin, he thinks of his children. I guess he doesn't have much faith in the Secret Service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.