Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This guy must be reading these boards. I swear he lifted elements of the posts on here including mine!
Jonah Goldberg: Trayvon Martin and the race card - latimes.com
Obama's going to capitalize on this one. $$$$
Wild Coincidence: Obama Website Now Pimping Obama 2012 Hoodies | Jammie Wearing Fools

Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
Well "this right winger conservative" said: Lets wait! See what the evidence and the facts are:

The media is elevating this into riot status !!

Spike Lee

Black Panthers

Al Sharpton

Obama

Lets just let the professionals do their job no matter how inept they are; the media is worse for withholding certain elements that should have been released earlier!!

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
This guy must be reading these boards. I swear he lifted elements of the posts on here including mine!
Jonah Goldberg: Trayvon Martin and the race card - latimes.com
I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we have media lurkers amongst us.

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
Unless you are already a season ticket holder, who cares if you "Boycott the Heat"?
A season ticket holder already paid for his tickets, so wouldn't a boycott then have no effect? A boycott is more effective if you don't buy something.

Economics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Bru San, A lengthy jail term for Zimmerman should do wonders in changing the mindset.
Undoubtedly it would but the reality might actually be he get's a pass through those laws on the books that:
Allow somone who might have a racial or other prejudice to carry a weapon.
Allow for the use of a weapon to defend yourself if you reasonably feel you are under threat of serious harm or your life is in danger.

To have a law like that AND allow a neighbourhood watch captain to confront while armed is just plain asking for abuse of that law.

The part that riles me is why legislaters cannot see past their stupid noses and anticipate these kinds of abuses occurring when they craft these idiotic laws.

I'm not a big fan of CCW permits handed out to anyone that can form a cognitive sentence. Shouldn't some phsychological/medical/urine sample testing be required when considering allowing someone to walk around healed?

You pay significant tax dollars to ensure police officers get a variety of training and certification before setting them loose on the public with a badge and a gun and yet cede all of this quality assurance when allowing neighbourhood watch to behave like LEO'S.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The severity of his injuries have nothing to do with it. If someone is pounding your head into the roadway it is a life threatening situation.
Apparently not. He got first aid at the scene; said he didn't need anything more. There is no evidence his life was in danger. It's entirely possible that this head pounding is a bit of hyperbole.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You have no idea if they approved or allowed him to carry a gun. As a private citizen I can carry a gun on my private property, in my car, in my house and as a licensed gun owner I can take it with me almost every where.

One of the basics of law is the protection of self and your property. Steal my property and you may be shot.
You're missing my point. It was up to them as condo owners to know what is going on in their complex.

Because at the end of day they're the ones held liable.

It really doesn't matter if they approved it or not, they let this guy be part of the watch.

Years ago my cousin owned a condo in CA and a child that was visiting got into the pool area and drowned.

All the condo owners were sued.

That's part of the downside of HOA/condo living.

You can be held accountable on a march larger scale than the someone who owns a single family home with an HOA.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:26 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Just in time for summer?

Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're missing my point. It was up to them as condo owners to know what is going on in their complex.

Because at the end of day they're the ones held liable.

It really doesn't matter if they approved it or not, they let this guy be part of the watch.

Years ago my cousin owned a condo in CA and a child that was visiting got into the pool area and drowned.

All the condo owners were sued.

That's part of the downside of HOA/condo living.

You can be held accountable on a march larger scale than the someone who owns a single family home with an HOA.
Suing is one thing winning is quite another.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:27 PM

812 posts, read 595,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Media Bias In Zimmerman-Martin Shooting

Have you noticed that the race-baiting in US media has gotten a lot worse since Obama's election? Race-baiting equals high ratings for the media while delivering another black eye to the rest of America. In the end, America loses while corporate media makes of piles of money by exacerbating race relations. Why do we allow this?

The sad fact is, if Zimmerman were BLACK this story wouldn't even make the front page of the local paper or TV news because black on black crime is still far more prevalent than whites or hispanics committing crimes against blacks. Black kids shooting and killing other black kids? ho hum "business as usual"! How's that for progressivism?

Whatever happened to the very American notion of innocent until proven guilty?
Obama Behaving Stupidly, Part II

The racist liberal media keeps showing us pictures of Zimmerman's mugshot (which predisposes the public into thinking he's guilty because he's wearing jailbird orange) and printing photos of a cute little black boy from five years ago. Why aren't they showing us more recent pictures of the new, improved "gangsta" version of Martin?
Mmmm hmmm love the impressive array of gold teeth on the choir boy. here we go singing the racist song of sharp ton and Jackson. They need periodic events such as this to garner the walking around money of the cushy welfare plate they pass around at every such event. I suspect there will be some red on black once the truth is out. Then again probably not there is no embarrassment in these camps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies